It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A race of subterranean dwarves

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall
I really, really doubt that there are subterranean dwarves living undiscovered among us. But if I were wealthy I'd assemble a team and organize an expedition, who knows? Besides I got millions to burn, what else am I going to spend it on? Dwarf hunt on!

There is a great book called Among the Dwarves which you ought to read! It's very entertaining and interesting, but is also quite consistent with the folklore and mythology surrounding the Untersberg mountin in Austria/Germany.

In the story three skeptic scientists go on an expedition to disprove the existence of dwarves, only to come along some very wild occurrences along the way.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
This same over protective fight or flight reaction is why a lot of people see things in clouds, rocks, ink blots. Why they believe in supernatural beings etc. Like dwarves underground where it is dark and scary....whoooo.

When I first read about this human condition lights went on in my head, a eureka moment. Now this is entirely subjective but nonetheless an observation. The most religious and/or superstitious people I know are also the most fearful of the dark, unstrusting of strangers and perceive threat where there isn't any. I always wondered why that was the case.....fight or flight answered it. It's also very prevelant here on ATS.

I disagree with your statements here. Although our current scientific community would certainly agree with you, I can guarantee millions of folks now and in the past, some of the greatest minds we've been fortunate to have, would strongly disagree. First off, with the sight-fight-flight idea:

To a certain extent I can say it seems logical. But it is an attempt at a one-off conclusion which doesn't address any kinds of variables which we are yet to be aware of (the one thing that has been driving scientific study and exploration since it began).
If dangerous entities did have a means of affecting us in the dark, a lot of things would make sense. Perhaps you've never had a bone-chilling moment, light or dark in the room.

I can say with certainty that my observation of "the most religious or spiritual people I know" runs a great spectrum of belief systems and ages, genders, races, nationalities etc. I have not noticed much of a correlation between being afraid of the dark and believing in a higher power.

I for one would say that I am always trying to grow spiritually, so I would say I am something of a spiritual person if that is the term, but I'm not at all afraid of the dark.
In fact, I enjoy seeing in the dark. Try it, not trying to make out objects which are now dark in your bedroom, but seeing more. Believe it or not, there is more than our 3d reality of illusions, which our brain only processes.

Seriously, scientists already know that our perceptions are nothing more than illusions, which is almost to the point which you're describing. The biggest difference is the understanding that
A. There is more than meets the eye, humans are not masters of the universe
B. There is a great amount of unknown and we are far from being at the pinnacle of consciousness. Far from it.

However, these debates can go on forever. I respect your opinion but must respectfully disagree.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The Atlas Mountains are not very secluded. They have various mineral mines and other tourist venues there. I find it highly unlikely that while minning they wouldn't have come across bones, villages and actual dwarfs. If something lived in those mountains, even underground, it would be well knows as fact by now... If they are such great metal workers then they need fire and with fire there is smoke. So unless they can breath smoke there should be smoke coming from caves everywhere.

Resources

Despite their inhospitability and relative inaccessibility, the Atlas Mountains have played an important part in the modern development of the Maghribian countries. The mountain massifs constitute catchment areas with considerable potential. The construction of reservoir dams not only has permitted the storage of enormous amounts of water for irrigating the plains but has also made it possible to generate hydroelectric energy. In Morocco efforts have been made in the last half of the 20th century to exploit the potential of the mountain wadis. In addition to the dams across the Wadi el-Abid and the Wadi el-Rhira on the northern slope of the High Atlas, dams on the southern face have been constructed across the Drâa and Ziz watercourses. In Algeria the Kabylie region has been developed with hydroelectric stations on the Agrioun and Djendjene wadis.

The geologic formations of the Atlas are rich in minerals. The Moroccan High Atlas in particular contains important deposits. Among these the most important economically is phosphate, mined principally in the Khouribga area. Other major deposits include lead and zinc from the Middle Atlas and from the Oujda area and copper, silver, and manganese; the output of manganese mining at Imini and Tiounine is transported to Marrakech by overhead cable cars. Anthracite coal is also mined at Oujda. In Algeria iron ore is extracted from the Seba Chioukh Mountains, from Mount Zaccar Rherbi, and from the areas near Ouenza and Bou Khadra, while phosphate is mined at Mount Onk and El Kouif. Lead and zinc also have become important. In Tunisia the High Tell mountains produce phosphate at Al-Qalʿah al-Jardāʾ, iron ore from Mount Djerissa, and lead from Sāqiyat Sīdī Yūsuf. These raw materials are often processed in the coastal towns. The iron ore from Ouenza, for example, supplies the iron-smelting industry of Annaba.

Among forest products, cork is more important than timber; production is centred in the Kabylia region of Algeria, notably on the Collo Massif.

The tourist industry also is being developed, particularly in the High Atlas region of Morocco. In the Middle Atlas, long snow-covered slopes suitable for winter sports are located near major towns. In Algeria the establishment of industry in mountain regions is encouraged, to provide employment for the mountain dwellers. At Constantine, the principal city of the mountain regions, as well as at other large cities, a number of industries have been established. Despite these efforts, however, contrasts between the life-styles in the mountains and those in the plains and cities of the Maghrib have by no means diminished, nor are they likely to do so soon.

With all that activity in the area I find it impossible there is no more solid evidence.

The Cascades of WA (I live in WA). I have personally been to these mountains and can say they have been well explored. I highly doubt anything is hidding underground. It is a volcanic area to boot. I would not want to be in caves with all the earthquakes.

Andros Island Bahama's? They must not live very deep as they would hit the water level pretty quick. That is a pretty popular tourist island, no way these people could live underground without coming up and being seen.

Island of Kaua'i. It has a nice mountain formation. Unfortunatly for the little people it is the wettest place on earth. So unless they developed pumps to pump out their caves I think they would have a hard time living. Not to mention it is another popular tourist location. Most tourists carry cameras.

It isn't a conspiracy to keep it quiet, it is simply quiet because there is nothing to keep quiet. Sometime in the past I have not doubt people lived in caves. There is evidence to support it.
New Human Species?

However today I have high doubts there is any small people underground. Show me something solid that isn't a religious artifact or visions from indians and I will be happy to say I am wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by austingoeshard

Just revisiting old threads I will if my ma still has it. Later

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Maybe we live in the fourth epoch of being. In other epochs the dwarfs were around. Then came the great floods and destruction and they went and hid underground.
When the earth calmed down again they stayed down there. Maybe through choice or maybe because they could no longer get out.

I also read somewhere that hitler was after these little peeps. That they had an energy source that he was after. He sent some of his best troops deep into the ground looking for them and as far away as Antarctica.

There are legends of underground cities like Shambala I am sure you have heard of them. To all you no believers..What do we really know. We have only begun scratching the surface of our own planet.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Greetings, Skyfloating. I just came across your thread while reading in another thread.
My little stepson is a Dwarf. He has told me many times that at night, these "Little Folks" (his words) come to him, and advise him, and tell him stories of the "Old Days." He tells us that these people are his protectors, and that they are always with him. He tells us that these people also tell him they are from another planet, far away from ours, and that on that world, everyone is a Dwarf.
Fascinating stories, and a fascinating thread!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I believe this is what I encountered. I have a thread about it. Thanks a lot for the info you provided O.P..

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
anyone know if there is an "Expert" or Authority on the subject of these "Subterranean Dwarves"?

I encountered one of the creatures back in 78' or 79' in South Eastern P.A. It's been over 35 years but I can still remember it "vividly".

]

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by john21851

share your story.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Very interesting thread and something that I've imagined for a time. Why would there not be some parallel life forms underground with the same degree of development as above ground, perhaps even more. Then add to that the common and extraordinary folklore and fables describing elves, trolls, fairies and sprites...makes you wonder.

I often find myself making shapes out of the shadows darting hither and thither and see creatures, what might be children and small animals for so brief a time I don't think it is worth sharing. It's new and something I attribute to old age. People would not understand and probably only become convinced I am going mad so I try my best to ignore this bustling underworld that threatens to trip me, as if it were not there.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

purplemer

Maybe we live in the fourth epoch of being. In other epochs the dwarfs were around. Then came the great floods and destruction and they went and hid underground.
When the earth calmed down again they stayed down there. Maybe through choice or maybe because they could no longer get out.

If there is a grain of truth to all the legends and fairy tales about dwarves then this is exactly what happened.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

john21851
anyone know if there is an "Expert" or Authority on the subject of these "Subterranean Dwarves"?

There's no credible research on this...yet. This thread with its input from many ATSers probably contains the best information on this up to now.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Goal Shack

Great post. I like thinking about what different ways life can evolve. Their existence should remain quiet, I don't want society to put a dollar sign on their lifestyles and a 'DO NOT TOUCH' sign on their faces.

Sadly this appears to be happening in a village in China, where a village of dwarves is being marketed and exploited for tourists.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I like the post, there is plenty of archaeological proof that some sort of human hobbit or little people coexisted with modern man,
the little people from the Island of Flores in Indonesia, as well as other parts of Asia and the caucus mountain region.
On another note, I know it's genetic but what about Dwarves or Midgets or little people, did they come out of the mountains to live in the world of men. Then there is Tolkien what did he really know.... besides how to tell a good story.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Looking for info on who (if any) might be considered an "Authority" on this subject..

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Has anyone mentioned the Wyoming dwarves.......we got two of them mummy fyed....all about one small mtn. range west of Casper ....the natives warned they were cannabals....and no activity in the last 200 years....

the natives stayed away....a mummy showed up and everyone said fake
then the medical bunch said real because of the perfect bone structure...2 and half feet tall....you see a pic of one of the mummys.....then that one disappeared...and a couple saw the pic and said they had found another in a cave in the same mtns.

edit on 7-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join