It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Do NOT Buy The Apple iPhone 4!!"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
tell you the truth whilst on the land line phone the iphone interferes more than common mobile phones and for longer duration

donno if its a sign of this though

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
tell you the truth whilst on the land line phone the iphone interferes more than common mobile phones and for longer duration

donno if its a sign of this though

I don't think it's a sign of radiation,
What the guy was trying to do is put an app into the Apple market that would tell the user how much radiation is being emited via what task he is doing. That means the Radiation would be pre determined somewhere else and it would run on the iPhone telling people that like.. Calling someone is X radiation or... text is Y radiation, you know?

XL5

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Radiation comes frome EVERYTHING!!! Any source of light is radiation, anything that has a magnetic field, anything that emits radio waves (including microwaves) and any thing that emits x-rays, alpha, beta and gamma rays. All those phones do is emit microwaves, they do not "contain" radiation, if you were to smash one, you wouldn't release any stored radiation. Microwaves will not read on a geirer counter. There are meters for microwave radiation, all phones will put the needle in the red at the distance you would hold it from your head. Your microwave oven has about 1000 times more power then your phone and emits almost nothing in comparison to a cell phone.

Gamma and beta radiation is the stuff you have to worry about because its more harmful then microwave radiation AND because the particles from fall out emit alpha beta and gamma radiation all the time and can even get inside you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

signing a 2 year contract when you believe the world will end in a little over 1 is a little dishonest dont you think?

I dont like your attitude.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I used to be in the cellphone business. I managed a Verizon store. We always received info from consumer groups etc. even though we.weren't allowed to respond they never stop trying to get an insider to blow the whistle. Some.things I learned....cell phones will be the cigarettes of gen x, y, z, .et al a study just completed about a year ago and is really incomplete because it started with children using earlier models and followed teenagers into adults for 10 years has a 25% higher rate of brain tumors than non cell phone peers, those that kept cell phones in pocket male and female had a more difficult time conceiving..(a friend seeing a fertility dr. was told to jeep his cell phone out of his front pockets...the Droid X, what I carry and am isn't right now emits the most...google and apple's smart phone does more than geocache they also sell the data that says where you go...what time you surf....where you surf...when you wake....when you sleep...when you work when you travel and how...rates of speed...Verizon has a set up for your children to text you when they speed in your vehicle unaware to hem of course and you can also set up perimeters when they stay the night at a friends to make sure nobody is sneaking out...about 50/50 parents were shocked but sheeple were always fascinated to sly on the children not realizing they are being spied on...facebook data and myspace and twitter are all mined from your phones and sold...(on facebook I say i like every subcategory providing info overload. When I turn my droid x on all my gmail accounts business phone numbers family addresses snails anybody that is a friend on my facebook that uses their phone for facebook is all autosynced into my contact list...haha true unless you with purpose turn that setting off and use your phone that info is shared....Also APPLE iPhone is the biggest polluted in China. THE BIGGGGGGGEST!!! Sorry I am being a bad ATSer and didn't source all of this. It can easily be googled from any Droid or desktop. It is late and I am tired. For your safety please use an earbud, or bluetooth and don't always have your cellphpne on yourbody when it does not have to be. There is much more I haven't told you as techs love to share amongst insiders and know you have signed a corporate trade secrets doc. but as I said its there if you look for it. They just will not advertise it. DUH!!!! DID PHILLIP~MORRIS????!

PS: wait until your cellphone device Polices you...such as flagging how long you were in a bar or how often you visit seedy neighborhoods from your posh subdivisions and shady establishments and flags you when you are running stop signs stop lights and speeding through school zones as that will be the slippery slope...for the kids safety ...then when you speed period!
edit on 4-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: closer

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

I was about to just leave your reply at a simple laugh and an Amen in my head, but i had to reply because of your edit...
Your phone busting you when you speed
alerting cops xD
It's fine if you're tired, i really appreciate your insite my friend.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
the app makes no sense at all. why would you spend money for an app to see how much radiation your phone is emitting at any given time.

"not interested"

i can see why, its pointless, if you want this information your arent going to spend money, your going to google it ON your iphone.

its hilarious he went on the attack as soon as his idea was deamed retarded.

well....well your, your phone is stupid anyways!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by esqONE
the app makes no sense at all. why would you spend money for an app to see how much radiation your phone is emitting at any given time.

"not interested"

i can see why, its pointless, if you want this information your arent going to spend money, your going to google it ON your iphone.

its hilarious he went on the attack as soon as his idea was deamed retarded.

well....well your, your phone is stupid anyways!

It seems you are the only one who actually saw this

Thanks so much for making me feel like this world is not yet fully hopeless :')

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
"Environmental Working Group" maintains a list of all cell phones and their radiation levels, find it here:
www.ewg.org/cellphoneradiation

This site has a good paragraph on 'safe practices' regarding radiation and cell phones;
Concerns about cell phone radiation

1. Tilt the phone away from your ear when you are talking and only bring it in close to your ear when you listen
  2. Wait until after your call has been connected to put your cellphone next to your ear
  3. Cellphones emit less radiation when stationary because when you are moving rapidly — say, in a car — it must repeatedly issue little bursts of radiation to make connections with different towers as it moves in and out of range
  4. If your cellphone has a weak signal it has to work harder and thus will emit more radiation
  5. Texting, instead of talking, could be safer
  6. Keep them at a distance by putting them on speaker mode or using a wired headset
  7. The next best option is a wireless Bluetooth headset or earpiece, which emit radiation at lower levels.
  8. Hold your phone away from your ear can make a big difference; the intensity of radiation diminishes quickly with distance.

I was very disappointed with the content of the OP's opening post versus my expectations from the title of the thread. I guess expecting something substantial in association with the title was way too much to ask.

Keeping this in mind, YOU have actually provided some useful substantiated information for my perusal. I can only give your post a star, but I would have given it a Flag as well if I were allowed to do so.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Sounds like the makers of "towkon" are butthurt over Jobs' rejection and wanted to conduct some sort of smear campaign against the iphone, lol. This blogger needs to get a life.

According to techrepublic the iphone doesn't even rank in the top 10 of highest radiation level phones:

1. T-Mobile MyTouch 3G (1.55 W/kg)
2. Blackberry Curve 8330 (1.54 W/kg)
3. Palm Treo 600 (1.53 W/kg)
4. T-Mobile Shadow (1.53 W/kg)
5. Palm Treo 650 (1.51 W/kg)
6. Blackberry Curve 8300 (1.51 W/kg)
7. Blackberry Bold 9000 (1.51 W/kg)
8. Sony Ericsson P910a (1.50 W/kg)
9. HTC SMT 5800 (1.49 W/kg)
10. BlackBerry Pearl 8120/8130 (1.48 W/kg)

(source)

The highest rating comes from a phone that runs Google's android.
From my perspective, higher is better, there's a limit of 1.6 W/kg so that's probably why none of those numbers are any higher.

You'll have a better chance of getting a clear signal to a tower at a greater distance at 1.5 W/kg, like some of those phones, than with an I phone which I think is closer to 1.0 W/kg, or maybe just under that.

But then again I don't walk around with my phone glued to my head 10 hours a day like some extreme users do. If I did that, I might not want the highest power level. But for normal use 1.6 watts/kg is perfectly safe.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Good thing I'm an Android enthusiast. I hate Apple and have for many years. The iPhone is a kids phone. Android FTW!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

From the list that was posted, Android has more radiation coming out of it than the iPhone.
Also, all this is just hype vs. anti-hype. People should buy what they want, not what is sold to them... and anyone who thinks they're cool because of their phone is a dumb ass in my book.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Saw this last month on TechCrunch and thought that's typical for Stevie. The app is available for free for jailbroken iPhone 4s through Cydia.

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

From the list that was posted, Android has more radiation coming out of it than the iPhone.

Android is an Operating System and cannot radiate radiation. It takes hardware to do that.
edit on 4/4/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: Added response.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join