It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Brother the Islamist - Documentary.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Everyone in the UK should watch this TV show on BBC 3 Monday 4 April
www.bbc.co.uk...
It is about someone who converted to radical Islam. This guy's purpose is to bring Sharia Law to the UK. He believes in the stoning of women etc etc.
The scariest thing imo is that he is just an ordinary Brit brought up in the UK and not from some third world tribal region. Watch and learn.
Mods please move this if I put it in the wrong place.
edit on 3-4-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
What to say, they're everywhere now, these converts to Islam.

If you look in to their past it's obvious they were ignored at some point in their childhoods by either one or both parents, their parents were probably passive-agressive types, had few if any real friends.....and the list goes on.

Basically, they lacked substance in their lives and had weak personalities.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Nice find, shows the true danger of growing islamofascism in Europe.

Anyway, why is he not in prison yet? In a country where they have laws even against "hate crime", he should get at least life in prison for advocating his views.

edit on 3/4/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Anyway, why is he not in prison yet? In a country where they have laws even against "hate crime", he should get at least life in prison for advocating his views.

Why would they put him in prison? People like him are more useful on the outside, outraging the gullible public and giving the press and media something nasty to wave about. Abu Hamza, the digitally challenged "radical cleric" was also a useful tool. I always view these people as a little suspicious, given that so many others are prosecuted for hate speech at the drop of a hat, but others are allowed to carry on if it serves a purpose! I'd go as far to say that perhaps they may not always be the radical Islamists they pretend to be.
The "American Al Qaida" Adam Gadahn is a classic example, so too is Yousef Al Khattab, both of them good Jewish boys playing at being the nasty bogeymen we are all supposed to be scared of.
Not all agents or informants are good clean shaven and suited white guys!

Not that I would suggest the government and it's various alphabet agencies are behind any of these radical Islamic nutjobs. That would just be an outrageous thought!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Not that I would suggest the government and it's various alphabet agencies are behind any of these radical Islamic nutjobs. That would just be an outrageous thought!

Well, of course, claiming that all radical islam is manufactured by some crazy unproven worldwide conspiracy, when we have so much evidence for it being really singificant view, in some areas even majority view among the muslim population would be really ridiculous and illogical.

The most probable explanation is that he is not promoting his views in public, at least not those which directly incite to breach human rights, so there is nothing to charge him for, at least not with reliable chance to succeed.
Another explanation may be that british left-wing PC multiculturalists are overwhelmingly targeting hate speech against minorities such as islam, and more or less ignore islamic hate speech, or hate speech against majority, since muslims are "untouchable minority" under their crazy ideology, but western culture majority is nothing.
Maybe combination of both.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hi guys, Im actually the director and filmmaker, Robb Leech. Good to see interest here on ATS, happy to discuss my experiences and views on the film etc. Interestiingly, but maybe not surprisingly, one thing many of the white islamist converts i met had in common, with regard to the paths they had taken, was a gradual or sudden dissilusionment with the western world and a sense of mistrust and lost faith (sound familiar?) These guys went out searching for truth and meaning, only falling in with the wrong crowd, and becoming Islamists.

Robb

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Originally posted by Maslo

Why would they put him in prison? People like him are more useful on the outside, outraging the gullible public and giving the press and media something nasty to wave about. Abu Hamza, the digitally challenged "radical cleric" was also a useful tool. I always view these people as a little suspicious, given that so many others are prosecuted for hate speech at the drop of a hat, but others are allowed to carry on if it serves a purpose! I'd go as far to say that perhaps they may not always be the radical Islamists they pretend to be.
The "American Al Qaida" Adam Gadahn is a classic example, so too is Yousef Al Khattab, both of them good Jewish boys playing at being the nasty bogeymen we are all supposed to be scared of.
Not all agents or informants are good clean shaven and suited white guys!

Remember this saying, "Out of Chaos Comes Order" first whether it's real or not you allow trouble to brew, and eventually break out to the point where there is total anarchy. Once you have that in place, then you declare marshal law, and get rid of all the threats and now you have control, the kind that you wanted in the first place.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

You could say the same thing about some young tribal kid from a third world country who converts to western corporatism (even though a corporation poisoned his local water table, lobbied to legislate the village's subsistence farming away with "Free" Trade agricultural policies, and armed local partisan rebels in the fight for "Free" Market Principles). If you take religion out of it, it boils down to one issue, he turned on his own kind.

Uncle Tom, Malinche, Pocho, Twinkie, choose your euphemism. Now, for Europeans and European-Americans, Benedict Arnold doesn't hold the ethnic connotation that you're looking for, perhaps.

What makes this so spectacular? Was it that the guy went from one reactionary social distortion (Western Capitalism) to another (Islamic Extremism)? Or because he was a young All-American, God-fearing, Corn-fed, good ol' boy (or whatever the UK equivalent of that would be: "Union Jack-bearing, Jacket-Potato-fed, Pub-going Bloke?") who moved over to the exotic, ethnic mind-set, grasping at straws as he desperately sought to escape one failed system and in the end simply exchanged it for another?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just reading about this on the Daily Mail and it got me angry.

Fundamental Islam to me is just a cult, why doesn't he spend more time practising his religion and using it to help him spiritually instead of just growing a beard and shouting. Ultimately he just wants to be part of something, no different from the scum that join the EDL marches.

I am all for people practising their religion but Sharia Law and extreme right wing Islam/Christianity whatever is just people using their religion as an excuse.

I really feel sorry for his mother who must feel like she has lost a son.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Reading the Daily Mail will always make you angry

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by vagabondrobb

Haha i know, I made a promise to myself to stop going on there but I get sucked back in
with their exagerated headlines and non-storys. So Robb are you the brother?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vagabondrobb

Dig deeper....you are going to find alot more than just one thing in common with these men and women; soon you'll be able to profile them quite easily.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Great documentary yet frustrating to see someone so set in their extremist ways. I think you can see some of the appeal that coverting to Islam and offers. They get a sense of belonging an automatic brotherhood , also I notice alot of the white muslims did it to feel better about themselves (stop drinking ect.)but it also ends up looking like they wanted to feel above everyone else. A sense of rebellion that costs people their lives sadly. I truly hope he sees sense and I hope that Ben stays away from all of the extremism.

Again really enjoyed the documentary yet sad to see the distance that religion had placed between two friends.

new topics

top topics

join