It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spirit Medium,The Seance,The process taken - an inside look.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Gday to all.
I hope you find this thread interesting and informative as i try to break down this somewhat secretive and mainly misinformed thinking that surrounds mediumship.
I have been involved with mediumship all my life,have given both private and public demonstrations,as well as teach others.
It is a massive subject to cover so iam going to split it up into 3 basic types after an introduction.
WHAT IS MEDIUMSHIP ?
A medium is basically a tool/transmitter/ go between that connects with spirit to pass on messages to you, the sitter or recipient.
The medium develops this "Gift" for you,for others,for the stranger down the street,not for themselves - we dont see much of that these days, it is a gift to be given not kept.
Once a medium starts to develop the whole process,it is known as mediumship,very much like an apprentice ship,a medium that has been in solid development for 3-4years is still only fresh,it takes patience,practice and persistence.
As mentioned there are 3 basic forms of mediumship - then they all have sub-categories,all of them are developed in a seance or circle we call them,the process varies depending on the mediumship being developed.

The one thing that they all have in common is Evidence.Evidence of survival.Evidence of your loved one passing on a message.Some type of evidence must be produced.
What do we class as evidence in this movement? Well these are some of the things expected,,
Name, first and last if possible most will supply first only.
Physical description.
Relationship (mum,dad friend etc)
Info such as how death occurred and what age,what job they used to have,hobbies etc,as much info as possible but most importantly of all is personal evidence,something personal to you that no stranger could know about.
Generalization is not good enough.Old fashioned Mediumship has been overshadowed by todays new age spiritual movement which is fine,however standards have certainly dropped to an all time low,with real genuine mediums very hard to find.
You will not find them on TV,you will not find them on the phone, advertising in newspapers,or at a psychic fair.
The real ones stay quiet,you will find them around if you look.
A real medium will give their service for free,the gift is not theirs to charge for, the message not theirs to keep,but to pass on.
Back in a while to discuss Trance mediumship or the dreaded "channeling" as some call it today,i will explain it to you, and why 90% of it is BS,and tell you what its like when a real medium is in a real deep trance state.Need coffee.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Interesting thread. Waiting to read more.
Do you practice just one or all three of the "basic types"?
Would you be willing to attempt a demonstration on this thread?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Very true. Good info. And your right, the real ones do stay hidden from media and the public. And, the real ones never charge.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Trance mediumship is developed by sitting in a seance/circle,this circle starts with prayer as most do,sitters may listen to music or sing songs to create energy for the first part,when the spirit guide is ready they will come close to the medium and start to relay information.How close they come to their medium is the key,again we are looking at years of development.This is where most modern day "Channels" fall down,giving out generalized nonsense under the guise of a spiritual message.
Its because they dont dedicate themselves enough or merely not suitable to take it beyond a light mental state,where their own thoughts and convictions taint the information flow,all trance mediums will go thru this,it is going beyond to a much deeper state,so deep infact that you should have an out of body experience (obe)whilst the spirit guide use's their medium to talk to the group.
A medium in a real deep trance state is Quite something,you should be able to ask questions and have them answered without generalization,better still sometimes you dont have to ask the question,just merely think it,the guide will answer you question with out you having to ask.Answers should be direct.
One example was a sitter had lost her work keys,she was quite stressed about it she had said nothing to the group,as the guide took over his medium and greeted the group he said to the lady "Do not worry about your keys my dear,they have been found and returned to the hook upon which they stay".
Well of course he was spot on,the keys were returned as he said they would be.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyStinkyRabbit

Thanks for your reply.I would like to leave 'me' out of it for the moment.I will say that some examples i give,i give from personal experience.
I will eventually explain the pro's and cons of reading over the net.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wytewingdove

Many real mediums are recluse or stick with their own kind,but will give their service to you unconditionally if you ask.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have to thank you for posting this, hopefully it'll help a lot of people know truth from fiction, myself included.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
MENTAL MEDIUMSHIP
This covers quite a large area, however i would like to concentrate on the three C's.
Clairvoyance - sight,vision
Clairaudience - hearing,sound, speech
Claircentient - impression,feeling,- that gut feeling.
Other things that may fall under this category is psychometric reading,psychic art, etc however if a medium is to demonstrate publically it will be one or a combination of the three C's.
This mediumship is developed in a seance/circle,usually under a blue light,so the room is semi lit,once your eyes adjust you can see quite well.
Again a prayer is said and all sitters remain quiet and go into a meditative state for about 20mins or so.A teacher or mentor will lead the group through various activities to develop the three C's,this includes reading and passing on msgs for fellow group members.
The teacher or mentor can usually tune into the student,so the teacher is seeing what the student is seeing,it is here that if a mistake is made by the student the teacher will be able to correct them.
So for example a student may describe a person accurately but get the relationship wrong,this is where the teacher comes in to explain where they went wrong and how to correct it for future readings.
Evidence expected from mental mediumship is all that I have listed in the OP. If most of that list cannot be given then the medium has failed,they should strive to give the best they can.Again generalization should not be accepted by you, the recipient.

The only time generalization may be acceptable is in a public arena,where the recipient (you) may have a personal issue you dont want shared as public knowledge.In this case the medium will be direct but generalize to hide your issue,so you will know what the medium is talking about, however it will mean nothing to those listening in.
Many mediums fall down in this way,,, spirit readings are very quick,the medium may get a 1 second glimpse to relay all the info,sometime the link is a bit longer,but instead of just saying what they get,they try and stretch out readings which in turn allows the psychic energy to start operating,it is at this stage the generalization starts.
In spirit mediumship there is no room for the psychic,however these days you see plenty of it,thats basically why its at an all time low,very poor standards and real proper good mediumship is hard to find.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Your more than welcome.I hope with this thread i can shed some light on what i think are many misconceptions surrounding the subject.I hope i can define what a true spirit medium is,how they practice and show what to look for with the genuine article.I wish to show the recipient what is expected from a medium within our own movement.
Nearly all the fraudulent mediums have been called out by their own movement,few exceptions, but basically the movement will call them out at the first sign of fraud.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
PHYSICAL MEDIUMSHIP.
The grass roots seance.It's purpose is for ALL that enter the seance room,ALL must see/feel or hear phenomena,whether gifted or not.All phenomena physically takes place.Basically if you have a group of 7 people and only 3 of them see or hear something it is not physical phenomena.Exception to this, is private conversation between a sitter and spirit person,however phenomena should still be produced for all to experience at some stage of the sitting.
Phenomena included in physical mediumship,,
Materialization of spirit - they become solid enough to touch,they touch you,if you are given permission you may touch them.In order for it to be classed as materialization, it must be seen by all.
Direct Voice,,This is hearing voice/sound,not thru the medium,it will manifest and boom across the entire room,all should hear it for it to be classed as direct voice. Sometimes they will sing or play instruments also.
Apports - items delivered to the sitters from outside the seance room.May include flowers,jewelry,all sorts of items.It shows how they can dematerialize and re-materialize matter.

The seance or circle for this is extremely disciplined.The group should sit in a pitch black room, no white light what so ever during the development until a spirit control asks for light to be introduced.At this time a red light is introduced.Materialization does not self illuminate,you need light to see it.
This seance is again opened with prayer, sitters will sing songs at the start to build up energy,basically the vibration of song (Among other things) is turned into energy to produce phenomena,if energy starts to run low the control will ask that the group start singing again,the phenomena stops or slows down until more energy is produced then the sitting continues.
The medium will be in a deep state of trance and unaware of all that is taking place,as development continues the medium will not need to be in such a deep trance and can eventually join in on the fun.

This type of mediumship is extremely rare,you have more chance of winning lotto than possessing this type of mediumship,however it does exist and is the ultimate experience for any sitter.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
THE SEANCE ROOM,
Both trance and mental mediumship dont really need a special room,you could sit with friends in the lounge room.
A dedicated room would be a bonus.
For physical mediumship a dedicated room is best,if possible totally bare with only the sitters and mediums chairs.
Totally blacked out with a red light on a dimmer switch.
The mediums chair should be of the type where they can be bound to the chair both wrists and ankles and still be comfortable,this is done for many reasons, mainly if sitting in the dark you want to know they are not moving around,sitters can hold hands to make sure other sitters are not moving around, however if there is light it removes any doubt.
A dedicated room undisturbed from sitting to sitting will speed up the process as energys used will remain in the room.

In the development group the same sitters each week,same time, same day must gather.IT must be rigid in this way for best results.This goes for all mediumship.

WHERE CAN I SEE A MEDIUM?WHERE CAN I LEARN?
Most Spiritualist churches or private centers provide development and the chance to watch Mental mediumship being carried out,they are all around the world.
To experience physical mediumship is another kettle of fish.Finding a physical medium is hard,getting a sitting with them even harder.

My next post i will tell you a little bit about me and some of the experiences i have had,shared with others,and also tell you about how the Spiritualist movement exploits the good nature of genuine mediums.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
So a bit about me.It runs in my family am the 3rd gen.Have seen all my life.I accidentally gave my first reading at age 14-15 year 9 at high school,by late teens i was running my own development circle,early 20's this circle turned into a physical development circle.Kids come along so took a break for three years.
Then looking at getting back into it i ran across an old mate that operates a spiritual sanctuary with a purpose built seance room,i started sitting with them and they pushed and pushed it to the extream from day one expecting the lot instantly.Small things happened but not much.
They ended up putting me in front of a large group of around 30 strangers, tied me to the chair and the physical phenomena let go,sitters were happy,mentors were happy,i was happy - for a while.
I give my time for free,i have never made a cent, altho one lady threw money at my feet and ran because i would not accept payment!
These spiritual churches and organizations ask mediums to come in and demonstrate,you will not get paid,maybe reimbursed for any travel costs.But they charge patrons a fee for seeing me! I dont want money,i want my service to be given free.
So basically in turn i stopped donating my time to any organization, any place spiritual,if people want to sit with me thats fine,but it is free and i dont like these churches riding on the back of mediums.

It is not something that should be restricted to those that have money, a medium works to reunite loved ones and friends,they work for you whether you can afford it or not,a medium is in service of spirit - so let spirit pay the bill

Basically i have developed and will always be developing physical mediumship (direct voice) but trance and the 3C's come natural, iam not special theres plenty that have it as a natural ability.
The fact is most of you all have natural latent ability's also,you just dont know it yet!

A physical seance with myself is direct voice,they also bring instruments.Need a lot of sitters for this,lot of energy.
Trance and mental readings can be given in groups or individually.
All my services as a medium are free,i have no other agenda.

Just one last thing i promised to address.Internet readings.
Yes they work and work well,its always better if the person is with you, but hey most cant afford a ticket to OZ.
So where do i draw the line personally? i do not actively seek this activity in general, they may be referred to me so i will do what i can,but basically you can imagine what would happen if i agreed to read for everyone,it would just never end.However sometimes i do get msgs for forum members,from your loved ones,it happens that way sometimes.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

For a few months now when my wife is sleeping (been together 24 years) at about four in the morning she starts talking. I am fully awake. I can communicate with her by thought alone. It is mainly about her feelings or replies to questions I put to her. What amazed me last week is what she started to talk about?

She is totally the opposite to me and does not agree with most things I may be speaking about, 2012, Maya which for the last year I never spoke to her about it.

Last week however when she was sleeping she started to give a message that the brown dwarf, known as Nibiru would be entering our ecliptic plane around 3rd October. I have never spoken to her or anyone in my house of brown dwarfys let alone ecliptic planes. Curious I mentally asked questions. She ? said that it was in the red cloud approaching and also mentioned to be ready for ascension? I asked if there were problems/experiences which our planet had to go through, to which she replied many things will happen, but you can rise above them.
She was talking of many things to pass in the next three months. Earthquakes, social and economic changes.

She remembers nothing of what she says. I am going to see what she says in the coming nights and keep you updated.
edit on 12-9-2011 by peacefulwarrior3 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I found this thread while searching around ATS!
Worthy of a bump, and OP if you are still around,
would be great if you could continue the thread

Why do they use blue light with mental mediumship circles??

*curious*

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The reason I ask about the blue light, when I go into meditation, or when I experience something, I always see an electric blue light in my mind. Like when people say you should see white light, I see blue?

Why is that?!?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I found this thread really interesting. i am not a medium, but have given the odd reading from time to time, much as i would love to be able to do this everyday, i can only do it, when given the information. ever since i gave my first reading, my opinion of tv mediums changed. previously, i enjoyed their shows. once i had experienced it myself, i knew they were fakes. Something to do with the way they move their eyes, while communicating with those unseen.. It just was not real to me. they also trot out the stock phrases. why? Do spirits all talk in the same fashion, using words in exactly the same way, without variation between spirits?

i paid a small amount of money to see a medium recommended by the spiritualist church, she was very good, taped everything that was said and gave me exact information which i had to check when I got home. She was really accurate, on small things like dates. the other medium, i spent five minutes with, he did not charge and again was very good.

To the poster above, to the best of my knowledge, the blue light you are seeing, is usually considered a healing light. Doris stokes often saw spirits as small electric blue lights dancing. I always saw white light, until i was sufferering from depression and other problems, at which point, the light turned black, darker than any black light you could imagine. I hope that helps you to work out why you are seeing blue light. the explanation for this type of experience is usually a very personal one. perhaps you need to heal?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eccentriclady

thanks for the play by play. good to know more about these things. The 7-8 women that do my readings when i go back to romania once in a while, or family calls me with news and let me know some stuff on the side, are all 100% "readers" if you will. None of them do the spirit thing. They use regular cards, tarot or coffee cups/plates etc

I even co-read one time because i saw the imagery in the cup but always asked what it stood for to understand the information better and i saw the person's birth date and some other small things that intertwined into their life. It was fun.

That said 99% when i heard about mediums and the whole channelling thing, i auto - assume its a fraud. Probably because ive gotten used to card readers and part because i dislike theatrics. If i wanted a show, id go to a strip club, pardon the comparison. You are also right about going out of your way to find good people. None of the women i know have a business based on this although some of them do charge up front straight money, most take money as a thank you and generally speaking are poor or have an unfortunate amount of problems in their life (sick husbands, kids,etc). Stuff that no amount of money could ever solve.

Before i go, i have to ask, what was the weirdest or most dangeroud experience you had. I mean out of the ordinary stuff. Ordinary being "normal" as far as things go with this kinda stuff.
edit on 5-2-2012 by buggy166 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eccentriclady

Yeah, I have heard that before, about blue being a healing color.
I used to study aura healing and that was a color I used.
Now it seem to have moved into psychic trauma.
I can see why blue would be used, thanks for the reminder

I don't do readings etc, unless spirit directs me to.
It is rare, but does happen if there is a need.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join