It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

first repeating arm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
your thinking the Henry 44-40 or Win right? wrong check this out www.nramuseum.org... the one thing that makes the Flintlock stand out is that is water proof.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

And...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thanks for posting this up, that seems like one heck of a rifle as long as you don't operate it during a thunder storm. If I was alive back then I would definitely want one even though it was probably very expensive.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

yea nothing like holding a lighting rod, wonder if all the chrages went off??

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Interesting.....I guess at the end of his day he should have thought before he put his ideas into production ...one man with a great idea up against a God that says love your neighbour as yourself ....peace

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

yes this is true but then you have a doctor that makes a gun

In 1861, Doctor Richard Gatling patented the Gatling Gun, a six-barreled weapon capable of firing a (then) phenomenal 200 rounds per minute. The Gatling gun was a hand-driven, crank-operated, multi-barrel, machine gun. The first machine gun with reliable loading, the Gatling gun had the ability to fire sustained multiple bursts.
however the most intriging rife of the 1770's is Timothy Murphy rifle there is no real known model or reproduction of it americanrevolution.org... would like to see one up close.

edit on 31-3-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
In the circles I travel in it is said that "God did not make all men equal Sam Colt Did!" I personally say it with John moses Browning...

Regardless of who you put in that statement though our point is the same... While I personally ABHOR Violence I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!! I also KNOW from PAINFUL experience that not all people are out to treat the weaker members of society with LOVE AND KINDNESS! And while I heartily approve of the pursuit of peace I also think it's beyond fool hardy to not PREPARE FOR VIOLENCE.

Maybe you haven't been a victim yet in your life of violence, but if you had been a victim and Learned to deal with it healthily you would know that preparing for the worst is a healthy attitude.

Having been a victim of violence at an age when I was POWERLESS to stop it and too young to understand why someone would do that especially when the same adults told me how WRONG it was to hurt people weaker than you then they hurt me viciously!

That taught me that while Might does not make RIght it does not pay to be the party that has to DEPEND on the good nature of others and their adherence to societal norms.

new topics

top topics

join