It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I started investing in the market and ALMOST got wiped out OMG! You know when the market first went nuts and everything crashed... I actually took a hit but survived that, and just made it back today on corn, $250 invested, $225 in the account. I almost cried last night when I saw my account down to $60 equity, but WOW I knew corn would be making a come back from the $670's level to $700's with the fuel prices going up. I had it automatically dump it at 700.75
These investors are really stupid and short sighted, they can cost you your money quick but if you protect yourself you can make some money off these crooks easy enough. Now I'm going for the money. I've taken a short on oil at 106.50 and a short on silver at 37.815. I'll be dumping the oil at 104.xx and the silver at 37.20-ish for a $50 profit. This market is brutal but the volatility is making it real easy to take advantage of the panic wallstreet is experiencing. Thanks to their panic though I was pushed down to $150 for a while. I am aiming to double my funds in a week or two.

I lost my interest in the account a little when I saw the balance get down to $130 and took a few weeks to watch japan and mull things over. Guess it was good that I did I really like my current position.

P.S. short positions are good, if the news gets worse the initial impact will be a decline, where I can sell when it bottoms out and ride the wave back up when they realize that they need more natural gas because of the lack of power generation capacity in japan.
edit on 31-3-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
P.S. short positions are good, if the news gets worse the initial impact will be a decline, where I can sell when it bottoms out and ride the wave back up when they realize that they need more natural gas because of the lack of power generation capacity in japan.

Short positions are obviously only good if you're holding something from that particular nation when something bad happens Currency, stock, whatever, but not every market in the world is going to take a hit depending on the severity.

I trade Eur/Usd usually but with everything going on right now in those two countries you can see on a chart no one knows what to expect. It seems like the only safe trades right now are in favor of communist countries and other nations that can be categorized under pure evil.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

I dunno which is a worse investment, the states, or europe, but I would lean towards europe being worse off in the long run. I wouldn't be playing the forex game nowadays (although when the canadian dollar jumped to 1.06 and then rebounded back to it's current .9690. I made some money off of that one, but I've been finding commodities a better game to play right now. If you see corn bottomiing out

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The main reason I got into currencies was because how high the leverage was, and at 17 I saw I had an unususal talent for it so I just never tried anything else. Now that the worlds almost in chaos though, I think the only smart thing to do is try out commodities.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

we'll see how I do I'm still earning but after I lost my $100 I had a spree of 34 trades out of 36 that resulted in net positives, then I lost it again, then corn got me it back. I've learned to back off a little and just make sure I have equity to handle the good calls that I make but the retarded wait for investors to finally weigh things in. oil is way over priced, and same thing with silver, it was settling into a new zone at $34/$35 but at $38 that is ludicrous considering it was only $27 a few months ago. I still think silver is still a good medium to long term investment it's value still can go up to triple digit values.

new topics

top topics

join