It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Hole / Big Brother?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Update

Don't think the government listens to communications, Here is Big Hole...This place is near my home town, and I have been up to the entrance, but turned back when we tripped the security lights and military from out of nowhere started coming out.

Here are the facts I know about it:
-It's run by AT&T under government contract
-It's definitely an underground complex, the question is what they use it for now?
-It is, fully hardened and equipped to survive everything but a direct hit from a ballistic missile

Big Hole

Big Hole 2000

Big hole is very much like this site, and my suspensions tells me they are basically the same: Gibsonville, NC Site

I think Big Brother is listening... don't tell anyone, it’s a secret?

I think the story was on ATS in 2005, but not much about it is there: ATS-Big Hole
edit on 3/30/2011 by Shdak because: Missing Link

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Cool discovery. S+F.
I am going to read the rest of your links immediately.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
this has been posted on ATS before.
I remember it well cuz I did some image
analysis of the site on google earth
from the coordinates given in the
other thread. can't remember the title name
though or how long it's been.
But there are some close-up shots of
this facility in that other thread.

boon

edit on 3/30/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Most of the cable repeater huts have been sold to private interests, to round out existing parcels, or as possible build-to-suit tower sites, etc. AT&T is now filling the small underground portion before sale, unless they sell to a major company. The junctions for AUTOVON are also being sold into private ownership, with a few exceptions. Most are stripped of all the equipment, although the AUTOVON junction in Mounds, Oklahoma was sold with all the old equipment still in place.

Yeah that whole Autovon thing is a little odd.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Those usually turn out to be Communications Centers. It's not odd at all they would not want trespassers. Some things need protected. Not from the curious, but from people with other intentions. When you try to sneak in for all they know your a Terrorist.

Not to worry though, I'm sure somebody has or will invent a myth to go with the facility.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I remember using autovon to make calls when I was in the military. They phased it out though when we went digital. I guess they found another use for the property. Probably auto wire tapping and recording once a keyword is spoken for later retrieval.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
cool, something new and refreshing. It might of been posted here long ago, but it's one of the new threads thats not talking about the end of the freaaken world, yet still has the tell tale signs of a good conspiracy

S&F 4 U
edit on 31-3-2011 by HOLDYOURFUTURECLOSE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hmm well.

This guy seems to have taken some pretty good close up pictures of it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks for the pictures, today the place is more open, trees removed etc. I suspect the place is more automated today then is was when I visited years ago.

I think they moved the old equipment out around the year 2000, if my memory is correct.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Do you know when those photos where taken?
It looks as if the site is in disuse at the time they where taken?
But one of the op links makes the claim that the site is active and snooping around will be met with force.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
My reply from the linked thread:

That is what I was thinking. I have been out there twice and it was anything but deserted.

The first time I pulled on to the road there was a group of people standing on the porch of the home to the left. A big rig was parked on the right hand side with the motor running. In the field there were two tractors tilling and some farm hand looking guys milling around. When I got to the metal barricade there were two black hummers (H1) parked on the opposite side. They were slightly up the road and parked facing away from me.

By the time I turned around and got back to the start of the road everything was deserted. The big rig was shut off and the driver's door was open. One of the tractors was still puffing exhaust in to the air. All the people were gone though.

It was definitely spooky. I find it hard to believe it is just an abandoned AT&T switching station. Of course, the last time I was out there was 2000 or there abouts.

I recently talked to a friend that still lives in the area. He said he went up there to show his girl friend last year. According to him the whole place was deserted. The road barrier was there, but there was no signs of anyone being there. It seemed to be in disuse and neglected according to him.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I recently talked to a friend that still lives in the area. He said he went up there to show his girl friend last year. According to him the whole place was deserted. The road barrier was there, but there was no signs of anyone being there. It seemed to be in disuse and neglected according to him.

I have to agree with your friend, I have not been there in a few years, and after seeing the linked pictures I would think its mostly abandoned or automated by now anyway...

new topics

top topics

join