It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Hicks' Abduction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Does anyone have any more info on the abduction experience Bill recounts during his standup? Most of the audience thinks it's a joke, but he is dead serious. I remember inparticular he said he was confronted by a UFO that spit out 7 beams of light (and either took him into the ship or not) and explained to him that we are all one consciousness. I found this very interesting. Also very odd because I share apparently almost the exact same beliefs as Bill.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

I would guess given Bill's celebratory past drug use that he's not being particularly serious about his abduction experience.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

I wouldn't say that. He brings it up on numerous occasions. I can tell when he is bull#ting 95% of the time. I highly doubt this time is in that 5%. Especially that badass one liner he finishes off with "Here's Tom with the weather." Too hard to bull# that one.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Bill did claim he was abducted. However he does say he was high on '___' at the time, but says it was unrelated. Who knows if he was or not, he certainly believed he was and it was a life changing experience for him. So regardless if it actually happened that event in his life further inspired him to make us laugh and to help expand the collective consciousness that links us all together.

Miss you Bill R.I.P brother.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
He was talking about drug use not alien abduction. But thats one of his best jokes though... Its about a guy who discovers string theory and entanglement on lsd ....That story is not about being abducted its about lsd I just watched it now .....Classic stuff

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
Bill did claim he was abducted. However he does say he was high on '___' at the time, but says it was unrelated. Who knows if he was or not, he certainly believed he was and it was a life changing experience for him. So regardless if it actually happened that event in his life further inspired him to make us laugh and to help expand the collective consciousness that links us all together.

Another true fan .....Nice to have someone else agreeing with me for once.....

He had alot to say! We'll miss him .....

R.I.P. Bill

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandelbrot2012

I was just likening it to that joke. Positive when he included the UFO bit that he didn't indeed get these messages from other beings?
edit on 30-3-2011 by d00d557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is covered in detail in American - The Bill Hicks Story (well worth the watch) Essentially the incident happened when he was at his friends ranch (Kevin Booth i think?) They were high on psilocybin mushrooms, they had a collective experience where they were taken aboard and Alien craft- insect like and telepathically informed that consciousness transcends time and space, all is one and one is all. Bill was convinced th episode was real.

As a fellow user of hallucinogens i agree, so did Terence Mckenna, almost like the universe is held within the individual mind, nothing is separate and we are all part of the whole. The incident had a profound influence on Bill, he became convinced about the reality of alien/ UFO phenomena. Anyone who enjoyed his rants and comedy really should make the time to read American scream and Agent of Evolution (two books about his life)

He was way ahead of his time, he wasn't murdered either, Bill knew under the influence that his birth had not been straight forward, again, under the influence of mushrooms he knew there was a problem with his lower abdomen, he knew it was connected to his troubled birth. He was taken long before his time, boy how we need him now.

His words are still strong and his message is more relevant than ever.

As with the book title - Agent of Evolution, this is exactly what he was. Listen to his words, understand the man and understand yourself.

I hope this helps
edit on 30-3-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: spelling

edit on 30-3-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: Doing Bill Justice

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeMoveUnseen
This is covered in detail in American - The Bill Hicks Story (well worth the watch) Essentially the incident happened when he was at his friends ranch (Kevin Booth i think?) They were high on psilocybin mushrooms, they had a collective experience where they were taken aboard and Alien craft- insect like and telepathically informed that consciousness transcends time and space, all is one and one is all. Bill was convinced th episode was real.

Asa a fellow user of hallucinogens i agree, so did Terence Mckenna, almost like the universe is held within the individual mind, nothing is separate and we are all part of the whole. The incident had a profound influence on Bill, he became convinced about the reality of alien/ UFO phenomena. Anyone who enjoyed his rants and comedy really should make the time to read American scream and Agent of Evolution (two books about his life)

He was way ahead of his time, he wasn't murdered either, Bill knew under the influence that his birth had not been straight forward, again, under the influence of mushrooms he Knew there was a problem with his lower abdomen, he knew it was connected to his troubled birth. He was taken long before his time, boy how we need him now.

His words aer still strong and his message is more relevant than ever.

As with the book title - Agent of Evolution, this is exactly what he was. Listen to his words, understand the man and understand yourself.

I hope this helps
edit on 30-3-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: spelling

Thats pretty cool Ive never heard of it but I will definently look for that one. Bill Hicks was a prophet of sorts.... It was Pancreatic cancer that took his life that happens very quickly I just lost an uncle to it and of course we all know he smoked like a madman. .....
edit on 30-3-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Toromos

i sense a little bit of disinfo or troll in your belief about Bill Hicks. I hope its something that rubbed off on you, a relapse into sheeple mind set. I don't want to believe you sincerely think his story was a drug induced fabrication.

that reeks of MSM type smearing and deflecting the point instead of addressing it.

may blessings and peace rule your future

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yup it was in 1983 after doing alot of drugs mostly pills and hard stuff and he was heavily under the influence at the time,,,,

askville.amazon.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012

Originally posted by Openeye

Another true fan .....Nice to have someone else agreeing with me for once.....

He had alot to say! We'll miss him .....

R.I.P. Bill

And i am another fan of his, he was much more than a stand up comedian i believe personally, he was i feel a very good observer and possible visionary and bull # detector;He exposed so many injustices and lunacies emanating from governments , also i ,loved this he once said,"hey, stop putting a Dollar sign on everything" on his stand up on marketing; Total legend;RIP Bill and rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WeMoveUnseen

Thank you so much for the details, I have never heard of Agent of Evolution. I'm going to give it a read!

Star for you!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

It's a great read and I'm sure you will enjoy it friend. Remember Bill by quoting him and always have a smile on your face, his message was positive, he was my hero.
edit on 30-3-2011 by WeMoveUnseen because: because im silly

join