It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullies deserve harsh treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I am sickened, having just watched what happened to a bullied girl here in NZ.

This girl was hospitalised, and now has ongoing problems with epilepsy, which she did not have before the assault, lack of concentration, and many other problems she never had before she was criminally assaulted.

They jammed her head in a door and repeatedly kicked her in the head.

Yes, this was criminal assault.

But what happened? Those criminal girls are in school, and the victim is out of school - her mother, who works really hard to support her 5 girls, is trying to home-school her. And that formerly confident girl is too scared to go back to school.

Please tell me why these bullies are not being punished? Oh, yes, the principal of the school says they were dealt with severely - utter crap! What about the victim, and the victim's family? The principal witters on about not being able to expel 13 year olds - yes, these criminal attackers were 13 - but what about the victim? The victim has paid and keeps on paying. So, the bullies have had a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket, and the victim has had her life ruined - she has lost her health, her confidence and her future.

Schools, step up and face it - and stop it.

Police, please prosecute bullies and give them a night in the cells. And bear in mind that this was CRIMINAL ASSAULT.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
A link to the story would be great.

Mom needs a good attorney to file suit against the parents of the attackers and the school.

I reserve the right to change my opinion until I read the story.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by deepred

Hi deep,

I am useless at links - just go to any news site in New Zealand - tvone.co.nz probably has it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
i agree its gettin more worse all day..

its horrible here in germany too....in my opinion the parents of those kids also guilty.

brutality seems the normal way to come forward these days..

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

so why doesnt the girl and her mom not only sue the girls who did it but the school too for letting it happen? that would make them think about doing or letting ot happen again

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Hey, gdaub,

That is a great idea - people in NZ do not sue people, we just lie down and let people walk all over us.

But THANKS! I will tell them to sue.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Thats horrible and just typical in today's Nurturing world. They care more about why the bully's did this and how they can fix them. They just go soft when discipline is whats needed. Well that my opinion.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I read that story in the NZ Herald.....the mother should grab a high status lawyer and sue both the Dept of Education (assuming it is a state school) AND the parents of the bullies. Another thing, why have'nt the bullies been charged with assault???

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

i cant tell if its sarcasim or what...but if it is why? what, suing them wouldnt teach em a lesson?...it would be embarrassing for them i would think..i would think it would be better than nothing
edit on 30-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This is way out of control. I think YouTube almost glorifies bullying. I've always told my children that they are never ever to bully or start a fight. They're told that they're obligated to step in if they see someone getting bullied and try to diffuse the situation..ie..taking the kid and walking away. On the other hand, I also tell them that if they're hit first that they're to swing until either they can't swing anymore or the bully can't get up. This is ridiculous. Unfortunately if the student goes to teachers or parents they're picked on that much more...I'd love to catch some of these kids alone and give them a taste of their own medicine. Nothing physical but let them know what it feels like to be scared, to be intimidated and feel helpless..

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Hey gdaub,

It is not sarcasm - It is a heartfelt thankyou for good advice.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

oh i couldnt tell by the it was wrote im sorry if i sounded like a typical american

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction (Newton's 3rd Law of Motion) and this is as it should be when it comes to dealing with bullies IMO.

Newton's Laws of Motion:
Third law: The mutual forces of action and reaction between two bodies are equal, opposite and collinear. This means that whenever a first body exerts a force F on a second body, the second body exerts a force −F on the first body. F and −F are equal in magnitude and opposite in direction. This law is sometimes referred to as the action-reaction law, with F called the "action" and −F the "reaction". The action and the reaction are simultaneous.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeah, we should go back to the good ol' days where we hung 12 year old kids. Not these soft times where we only give them timeouts.

No, I'm being sarcastic. That's a horrible story, but remember, these are children, I don't think these girls realized how badly they could have hurt the other girl, and if they did, they can't truly appreciate the scope of the consequences.

I just think it's sad all around, I don't see any need to be brutal or ruthless to the bully, just punish them enough so they learn a lesson and keep an eye on them.

new topics

top topics

join