It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia must prepare for new "Times of Troubles" says military analyst

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Russia must prepare for new "Times of Troubles" says military analyst

rt.com

A well known military analyst says Russia will experience serious challenges and even threats from the two global powerhouses, the worst threat of its type since 1612, and offers sound advice.
Makhmud Gareyev, Military Sciences Academy President General of the Army, said in a report that Russia must prepare for a two-pronged squeeze, one from the East, the other from the West.
"Our country will come under huge geopolitical pressure in the coming years, primarily from the United States and China,” Gareyev said in a report at an Academy meeting, “and we need to do all we can…to prevent
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It is difficult to formulate an opinion on this news article from Russia Today. None the less, it is still an insightful and interesting article. It is, however, good to see, that Russia is looking to resolve all problems diplomaticaly as early as possible in order to resolve in possible future conflict. I hope the West and China are in search of taking the same steps. The article bears a small shimmer of hope under a cloud of pesimism in these volitiale times we are currently living in.

rt.com

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Goes against what I would have thought..
If anything, I'd expect Russia and China as allies..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Just as long as the US is there. Once the US is gone, China and Russia will go against each other.

Russia and China have never been REALLY allies... the west though so for many years, but they were wrong.

China would like very much to get their hands on Siberia and all it's resources. Of course, Russia cannot let that happen.

So they want to deal with this diplomatically, because if it goes to blows, Russia will lose for sure, and will be forced to use nukes. And they don't want that. Nobody SANE want that.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Not sure how you intended that ... did you mean for Russia and China to be the US' allies or that Russia and China as allies together against the US? The reason I asked that is due to information given by Webster Tarpley. He essentially says the NWO Banksters are trying to play Russia & China against one another to the benefit of the US. However, who can really say? You would think that Russia and China would catch on to all this crazy US behavior and ally themselves together. Between those two countries, you have all the oil and foodstuffs you need.

Anyway, interesting topic.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

The Soviets and The West were allies while they both faced the threat of a common enemy. Once that enemy was estinguished they turned against eachother. If we have learnt anything from history, it is that history repeats itself.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The balance of global power since World War II has relied on the triad of the USA, Russia, and China. Once one of these is removed, disabled, or weakened significantly (hint, hint), World War III will be only a few years behind.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litantI hope the West and China are in search of taking the same steps. The article bears a small shimmer of hope under a cloud of pesimism in these volitiale times we are currently living in.

rt.com

I 2nd that; let's hope things get resolved in a peaceful manner with no nukes getting launched!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

You would think that Russia and China would catch on to all this crazy US behavior and ally themselves together. Between those two countries, you have all the oil and foodstuffs you need.

That's what I meant..
It does appear that Russia and China are taking a step back from US actions..
They abstained from voting on Libya and have been against foreign involvement..

I'm sure they see themselves as eventual western targets and could work together if needed..

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Why does he say between 2020 and 2025.... what is going on at that time that we are not prepared for? Peak Oil maybe?

The Chief of the General Staff revealed that the military conducted a thorough analysis of wars and conflicts that had a high chance of occurring in the period from 2020 to 2025, and weighed them against the requirements of the Armed Forces.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Well I've heard on multiple occasions that the new Space War will take place during that time (wouldn't be surprised if it's in its early stages right now). With the US in the lead with Space Warfare Technology and with China on the rise Russia can't afford to be slacking and my guess is that it'll play a big part in the next conflict.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is just a war hawk that wants increased russian defense spending and paranoia.

Never trust the military industrial complex if it's russian.
edit on 30-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Whomever in the military that believes US or China are the threats, oughta be sacked.

As belligerent Russia continues to pesky mouth about the Coalition forces arming the Libyan Rebellion fighters fighting for their freedom, perhaps some arms traders may consider doing a trade in Russia with arming the russian masses and any other fellow humans seeking for freedom as well.

The threat is not outside Russia, but within, as long as corruption and tyranny is practised in that country. The masses will not stand for it.

China had been quiet. Best they remain that way. Recently they had captured and made many bloggers, by the hundreds whom had screamed for justice and freedom from tyranny and corruption, disappeared.

But China is a landmass of billions, and for each one made to 'disappear', another ten takes his/her place. Freedom will never die, so long as mankind exists. The CCP faces a losing game as it gains more enemies within daily. Fools that they are and had been for decades.

Same for Russia, as the breakaway states are only waiting for more opportunities and help from fellow mankind to gain their freedom.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Exactly. I am getting so tired of the so-called Chinese-Russian axis, there ties are merely based on the ''the enemy of my enemy is my friend principle." As soon as the US comes to collapse economically, Russia will side wit the EU. Why? Because Russia is culturally and economically closer to Europe than to China. All the bladibla about Russia replacing the EU by China to supply its fossil fuel to, talk nonsense. Russia does not have the infrastructure to supply China with volumes coming even slightly close to those supplied to the EU. On the other hand, Russia depends on - by far - the largest investor in its economy - the EU.

Besides, internally, Russia sees China a threat to its oil-rich far east territories.

new topics

top topics

join