It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practical City Survival Guide – Part 1 of a Series

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Water Storage

Also not many people may know this, but being a Plumber, I can tell you that there is at least 180 litres of water in an average sized Hot Water Cylinder, If you should ever need it its there! If the main supply has been stopped then the hot water cylinder will hold that water in there! That plus your own stash of water should suffice! also some older houses that have gravity fed systems may have a header tank in the ceiling which (depending on the size) could hold an additional 100+ litres!

Just a heads up to anyone who cares!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I work in the foodservice industry so its easy to get buckets. If you need a place to find some for free or cheap, go to local deli's and ask for mayo buckets. They all have nice seals on them and are ok for food storage. Bakeries as well can have storage containers for free.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If there is a need to resort to water storage/purification then it's safe to presume that running water is non-existent, or contaminated and therefore one needs to plan for waste disposal, as well. Disease will be a concern, if this is not addressed. I'm presuming this will come up in a future part of the series (Health/Safety tips, perhaps) but just throwing it out there now, so that it remains something to be aware of.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Don't forget the fishermen brother. That's a much needed but dangerous job; the weather can turn on you in a heart beat, and Mother Ocean is a harsh mistress.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I think the safety in numbers thing can't be over-stated.

It means more firepower against a roving gang of parasites, more hunters to bring in meat, or forage, more muscle for raising shelters if need be, more skill-sets, and more guns to protect our dependents.

I think a key thing is to agree before the SHTF on how decisions will be made for the group; elect a leader? Or democratic vote? Or a combination?

The key thing to working in a group is to get the organization ironed out before things go to hell.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join