It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will you feel if absolutely nothing of unusual or spectacular importance happens in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't know. I'll be disappointed. Even if 2012 is not about consciousness, but really about doom and gloom, I would like it to happen because honestly, with all the liberty infringements and TPTB abuses, I don't see a great future. I would prefer dying with all my fellow humans all at once, than to suffer from the NWO.

But let's face it, 2012 or not, our world is #ed up and may very well be on its last leg. I do hope a change is coming, we can't keep going this way. I've just invested in the Iraqi Dinar, so I guess that if nothing happens in 2012, I'll be rich...but that is not what it truly want. I want changes, changes for the good of humanity and changes that would liberate us. We have enormous potential but we have been dumbed down so much...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Uh relieved. Duh.
If nothing happens in years 2012 through 2014. Than good we can all focus on advancing the human race in space!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If nothing happens, there is no doubt I will be relieved. I have a family and kids and don't want anything bad to happen to anyone or for them to go through any of it at such young ages or really any age for that matter. I am skeptic about several things that are supposed to happen, but a lot of things are going on that does make me think it could actually happen. So, hoping for the best and pray that if it is the end, God is with us all.

I just don't understand people who say they will be dissappointed if nothing happens. How could anyone want this to happen? People will die and thats terrible.
edit on 28-3-2011 by ConcreteAngel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Very interesting and diverse replies. Thank-you to everyone who responded.

A common theme among replies seems to be that the date is irrelevant and that the central issue is a belief that humanity must and hopefully will make large strides in terms of awareness and consciousness with regard to how we treat one another, etc. Don't get me wrong: Even as an agnostic, skeptical person, I too long for us to change our systems of governance, our attitudes toward one another, and above all, our level of compassion toward one another globally. It is something I have longed for since my youth and, despite increasing pessimism about the probability of it happening at any point in my life time as I have grown up and seen how implacable and fundamental our current ways are to the great majority of us, it is still something I hope for and truly believe we as a species are more than capable of achieving one day.

Nevertheless, that isn't really what this topic was about. The questions sought to discover how people felt about the prospect of whatever it is they hope will happen not happening in the time frame - whatever that may be - that they believe or hope or fear it will. So for that particular camp, I will rephrase the question slightly:

For those who feel that the date is irrelevant and that some sort of great leap forward in human consciousness and/or awareness and fellowship will or must occur how will you feel if you never see that happen within the time frame you feel it will (or needs to) happen in? (Or perhaps even in your life time?)

Lastly, someone earlier in the topic made the point that asking how you will feel in the future is asking you to make a prediction. Good point. So I would like to rephrase both the first post and this one to say, "How do you THINK you'll feel?"

Thanks again, and peace.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkpetrov
I`ll be devastated, but not because i`m a hardcore believer - In fact I`m a pessimist and i believe nothing`s going to happen.

Given that the 2012 predictions all point to a cataclysmic event in which the majority of us will cease to exist, and the fact that you do not believe anything is going to happen, doesn't that make you an optimist?

Or a sadist perhaps?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
How will you feel if absolutely nothing of unusual or spectacular importance happens in 2012?

NAKED*

*if in fact 'TS-DOESNOT-HTF'...

STREAKING PARTY AT MY PLACE.

Everyone's invited.

DRESS CODE (strictly enforced)
Clothes Prohibited...
Hats, Fannypacks, and Michael Jackson-style-sparkly gloves are acceptable.

edit on 30-3-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well I certainly hope nothing happens as far as catastrophies go. I don't wish harm on anyone but I sure would hope an "awakening" of some sort would come about. I can only speak in regards to the US that there too much greed and coruption. I can only pray someone like Ron Paul will get elected and restore our country to what it once stood for.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
2012?.... you should be more concearned about 2014 because thats when things will change on a world scale, 2012 is just a story blown out of proportion

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join