It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are Ways to Fight Opiate ADDICTION,Suboxone...PLEASE Read...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
"still movin thems subs if you need a detox..."

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Originally posted by peter vlar

Opiate withdrawal,while an insufferable agony, has a very minuscule chance of fatality.

I befriended a guy in rehab one time and about 6months later when I was back at the same place I asked one of the nurses how he was doing and he said he was dead and I asked "what from overdose"? and he said "no, he passed on during detox." He was a healthy young guy who wasn't a poly-user. The chance might be low but its definitely there, then of course there's the increased suicide risk. I know its really rare to die from it, I might have exaggerated as that one is close to my heart and instantly came to mind, he was there for me in a really low time of my life, I guess it was a real wake up because I have been sober ever since that stay.

edit on 5-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend. It's even more heartwrenching that he was in the midst of trying to get himself better when it happened. I've been there and completely understand where you're coming from, I was just trying to point out that compared to alcohol, opiate withdrawal is seldom life threatening. Unfortunately though it does happen in some cases. Especially when someone has a compromised immune system due to heavy use and absorbing whatever garbage is used to cut the product. Congratulations however on learning from the passing of your friend and turning it into a positive for you and maintaining your sobriety.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Suboxone, Methadone, Subutex are all worse then the opiates that have been taken.
Just try getting off one of them!
These drugs do help lots of people but. . .

Drug addiction cured in 48 hours, why isn't Ibogaine getting the push? Link

edit on 4/15/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Suboxone, Methadone, Subutex are all worse then the opiates that have been taken.
Just try getting off one of them!
These drugs do help lots of people but. . .

Drug addiction cured in 48 hours, why isn't Ibogaine getting the push? Link

edit on 4/15/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

I have detoxed from Methadone, Suboxone and Oxycontin. Though suboxone can be used effectively in detoxing, I would suggest not using it more than a 5-7 days using a quick taper. It is easy to get lulled into complacency on suboxone and remain on it for longer than needed. The longevity of suboxone withdrawals is horrible due to the long 32 1/2 hour half life.

Kicking opiates is really painful but the acute stage is only 72 hours. Remaining clean is the hard part. Ibogaine is dangerous as well and is not approved in the US as far as I know. Any medical procedure that people have to travel to Mexico for I would be leery of.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLKMJK
Ibogaine is dangerous as well and is not approved in the US as far as I know. Any medical procedure that people have to travel to Mexico for I would be leery of.

Its probably not approved because there is not money in it, in fact it could hurt profits of big pharma, who as you would know has armies of lawyers and generally get what they want. They have attempted to make a pseudo version but it didn't work like the natural version. So ibogaine must be outlawed to protect their profits, otherwise people would stop buying the opiates or the treatments. How does the saying go something like "There is no money in cures, only in treatments." Unfortunately ibogaine is a cure that could be grown in your backyard for next to nothing.

You don't have to travel to Mexico, you could also do it in Canada which is nothing to be leery of, they have better health care than the states.

edit on 20-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Originally posted by BLKMJK
Ibogaine is dangerous as well and is not approved in the US as far as I know. Any medical procedure that people have to travel to Mexico for I would be leery of.

Its probably not approved because there is not money in it, in fact it could hurt profits of big pharma, who as you would know has armies of lawyers and generally get what they want. They have attempted to make a pseudo version but it didn't work like the natural version. So ibogaine must be outlawed to protect their profits, otherwise people would stop buying the opiates or the treatments. How does the saying go something like "There is no money in cures, only in treatments." Unfortunately ibogaine is a cure that could be grown in your backyard for next to nothing.

You don't have to travel to Mexico, you could also do it in Canada which is nothing to be leery of, they have better health care than the states.

Wish I could argue with your point but sadly I agree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join