It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the real ET please stand up.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Oh, and about the "ufo knowledge base".
We don't really know anything, we have just a rather mutable set of assumptions.
Some are stronger, some are intriguing and unsettling and some are far-fetched.
The only thing we may know is of a personal character and lies in the personal experiences.
But, sadly, we don't know.
And I have a feeling that our Mighty PTB don't know much more either, I think all the dark cloud surrounding the official investigations on the matter is just part of the psychological warfare. The feeling that they always are infinite steps before us, and so, completely "unfightable"... But in reality they may be as ignorant as we are.
The only thing I believe they DO have is verifiable and solid PROOF that something/someone is having picnics over here from time to time. But not much more.

Drakus

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hiflier

Don't worry the black triangles will free the humanity of the greedy ufologists soon.
They are one of the main enemies of the truth among the others. Everything known
about the black triangles is already written somewhere but here I learned about the
telepathic connection, I was known only about the telepathic connection with the
single lights so far, it is the benefit of the participation on the forums like this.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hello All,

I truly thank you for your input. There are some in the scientific community that think SETI is taking a risk by raising our hand so to speak and announcing our presence before we have the technology to defend ourselves. I don't know how much technology would be needed without knowing what is out there. I mean without a reference how could anyone possibly know how much technology is required and what kind,. These kinds of statements only help raise the fear factor IMHO even though the question posed seems valid. But it really isn't valid unless more knowledge ( if there is any) is forthcoming. I do think there are objects that fly that are unidentified. But the extraterrestrial aspect needs a major firming up and proof.

It is correct to say that what I believe or don't believe is not at issue here although folks seem to want to make it an issue. It doesn't even matter what you or anyone else believes or doesn't believe either. This "Notice" is just an invitation to join in at the personal level in an experiment using telepathy. It has a goal. To HELP in determining the existence of ET. Will it be the do all to end all? No one can say and no one will know until July 20. Is it worth it to an individual to spend a few seconds to find out if this method works and the possibility of a result (or a non result)? I firmly think so. That's as far as my belief goes. I BELIEVE it's worth a try.

And why not. If there is an ET and people fear an invasion I think it would have happened long ago when we as a civilization were much weaker, with less technology, than we have now. The "asking" is for a showing only- nothing else. IF there are extraterrestrials sophisticated enough to get here they may have a Prime Directive that requires an invitation from us first, who knows. We owe it to ourselves to find out and so far I've seen no attempts by any organizations or Forums or conferences to help any believer with an honest to goodness PLAN OF ACTION. Especially one that requires so little in the way of effort and time and- are you ready?- MONEY!

No one that makes any money off UFOs is of course expected to be interested in laying the issue to rest in any fashion anyway. It's really up to us to find out for ourselves, always has been. No more games, no more arguments. Believe you me, either way it goes, 7/20/2011 will be quite a day and everyone can say individually, "I did it!".
edit on 27-3-2011 by hiflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiflier
IF there are extraterrestrials sophisticated enough to get here they may have a Prime Directive that requires an invitation from us first, who knows.

There's possibly different types. Some will maybe do something but others might stay quiet on the sidelines. Either way it'll be cool if one group does something in response if they're out there. It at least gives hope, and places another nail in the coffin of the bitter debunkers, who along with the eager believers drive me mad at times. People in the middle might have something solid to work with soon, despite the two opposing sides of Ufology, who'd rather argue and not use their awareness properly than look around to see what's actually happening.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So many accounts similar to mine and others. We have all personally seen UFO's and are not crazy. Im only 16 but I know the difference between what's real and what isn't. What happened to me was real.

You refuse to believe in the face of thousands of accounts and huge compilations of evidence for reasons I cannot explain.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hello Joaquin,

Originally posted by Joaquin
So many accounts similar to mine and others. We have all personally seen UFO's and are not crazy. Im only 16 but I know the difference between what's real and what isn't. What happened to me was real.

You refuse to believe in the face of thousands of accounts and huge compilations of evidence for reasons I cannot explain.

Do you believe in Bigfoot? Ghosts? previous lives, Nessie?, cryptozoology and other paranormal subjects? One of the things that I couldn't understand when I got my UFO feet wet last Oct. was the fact that Forums lumped all this stuff together. I thought the practice to be strange beause I felt that the SUBJECT of UFOs to be totally different and irrelavent to the rest and that the credibility of the UFO search is somewhat diminished in doing so. I think even though UFOs are considered paranormal ( a mistake IMHO) and that some might see a relationship between that subject and other paranormal phenom they should be in fact a separate issue altogether. I mean Project Blue Book was only about UFOs and nothing else. The same should apply to UFO Forums as well.

In so far as peoples experience I'm not the one to say what's true for someone. If the shoe was on the other foot it might go something like this: Hey, I saw nothing last night and thousands of credible witnesses saw nothing to so I don't understand why you still believe there is something.

I do not doubt that folks like yourself see or experience something. This plan is an attempt to find out what that something really is. Please, again, try to not bring your focus onto me. I am doing nothing different than someone who's putting up a flyer on a lamp post telling of some football event somewhere just in case someone is interested in going. It doesn't mean I play football or even believe such a sport exists. It's not about me, it's about 7/20/2011. Do with it as you will. Or not. Either way is OK. One major difference here is that instead of one person seeing something millions will have a chance to see a bunch of them all at the same time the world over. At least that what the believer who drafted the idea is saying. In a way for the author's and all believer's' sake I hope that it happens.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joaquin

I don't think he's actually refusing to believe, au contraire, he's trying to know.
He just wont accept it face value.
And that's fine in my book.

You say you have seen a UFO, me too man, and I KNOW how you feel, but you have to understand that that KEY experience has allowed you to broaden your spectre of reality to include that phenomena you witnessed. He says that he never saw a UFO, so it's understandable that while he think is possible he doesn't (yet) believe it as true.
That's all.

Drakus
edit on 27/3/2011 by drakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hello Drakus,

reply to post by drakus

How come I can't say those things as well as you? You are so on point. Thanks a mil.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

ROMANS i. 28.--"As they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind."

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.2 Thess.2:9-12

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiflier
Hello Drakus,

reply to post by drakus

How come I can't say those things as well as you? You are so on point. Thanks a mil.

Being "naive" pays off sometimes

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm in. Have done a couple of these before - some initiated by great folks here at ATS - you probably can guess the result.

Maybe it was just a matter of scale. There is no harm in trying. The gentleman is asking for like-minded participants for one minute of their time on a given date that will cost nothing and can be done from anywhere.

If you don't care to participate, do not trouble yourself further. If you do wish to participate, you may do so in complete privacy or broadcast your participation to the extent you are able. That choice is yours.

Someone has asked for my help. This person is curious. He is willing to try an experiment - one that has been tried before, it is true - but so what? The consequence of previous attempts is immaterial.

I believe his goal to be sincere and find his argument for attempting so to be logical and reasonable. If nothing else, consider that the man is not asking for much - certainly infinitesimally less than many of the charlatans on the current circuit. His experiment may be more effective or enlightening or rewarding to him if he has some assistance. If it may help him, that is enough reason for me to help. That is all.

I elect to provide him one minute of my time and wish him well.

My calendar is noted. My only request in return is that the results of the experiment, should the OP gain any insight we other willing participants may not, be also posted. If there were no favorable results, or less-than-favorable results, then I would likewise appreciate the OP gentleman's observations and thoughts on that as well.

Good luck. If luck has anything to do with it that is...

p.s. Many readers/potential participants may be unfamiliar with Greenwich Mean Time, Universal Time, or Zulu time and may be unsure of conversions to their own local time zone. It may be beneficial to offer just a few examples globally so local time adjustments can be made, such as the local time for this exercise for those in a few major cities, perhaps one or two in each hemisphere (e.g., Paris, New York, Moscow, Tokyo).

For example, in my local time zone, your experiment will actually require my participation on the evening PRIOR to 0520GMT on 20 July. Just a tip to make it easier to increase your participation rate...

Good luck.

edit on 4/21/2011 by Outrageo because: for the greater good

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join