It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians. SOUND OFF.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This election sucks. Our choices are so very limited. We have the devil we sort of know, and two guys who are writing cheques that we as a country can't cash. We are just starting to see the light at the end of the tunne,l and the NDP, and to a lesser extent the Liberals want to spend any kind of headway we might be making.

To whomever posted about the GST lowering being a mistake, I disagree. Since the tax was lowered people have been spending more money on GST taxable items, making more money for government. That 2% is a huge pyschological thing.

I agree with everyone that says we need to fix the Senate. People out East are tired of hearing it, but us people out West actually want some kind of equality when it comes to decision making. You guys have been running the country on our money for too long without our say. I can understand the idea behind you having more people, but we need to find some way to even it out. Equal number of senators from each province? Weighted by $ amount for equalization? There needs to be a way to do it.

The problem we have with our health care could be solved with better allocation of money. Without sounding like an NDP guy, the doctors need more money. It is simple economics. We do not have the proper amount of doctors to service the country. Why would they stay up here when they can travel to the US and make 10 times more money?

The F-35 are a sticky subject. I know that we need new jets. I would prefer a russian made model, they are cheaper and would work better for our climate. The current CF-18s are at the end of the line. I am not sure that the opposition leaders understand that. We need to be able defend our own territory, which is huge, and not have to depend on the USA to do that for us. We need to reassert ourselves as a fair but firm nation. Also while they are at it, get some snow cammo for our guys, they look ridiculous in greens in the middle of winter.

We need to take back ownership of our resources. They belong to us, not the government, we should get frist crack at them, not foriegn companies. Get our gas/oil products back to reasonable price. Start using these resources for Canadians to make money and profit on, not US/Chinese companies. Jack Layton wants to fund his crazy ideas? Don't get rid of oil subsidies, put a tariff on resource exports. If they really want it make them pay for it. Encourage more homegrown companies to use these resources, subsidize some internal growth and production. More domestic companies means more tax money to support your social ideas.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to think this country as being free, you just can't deny the fact of the 'politicians' deliberately denying key issues (such as First Nations reserves, Oil Sands, etc.) that lots want to know about but they ignore or side step those very questions. If they can't answer the questions thrown at them regardless of what they mean, then what can they do? Each and everyone of them is trying to make the most feel good to get in. Every person counts but not to them.

With that, I find these elections just a farce. When you can see them for what it is, it is just so disgustingly awkward how they prance around from town to town stroking people's egos then people fall for it and when election time comes, it's down the same road again of doing what people didn't want them to do.What the #?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
I want the F-35 Fighter Jets.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21e2ce7dbcf7.jpg[/atsimg]

F-35 = lemon

Ha Ha I got a pinto with a racing stripe for sale give you a great deal

www.defensenews.com...

<< 1  2   >>

join