It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians. SOUND OFF.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My main concern for this election are the scary words we're now stuck with, since the stupidest economist in Canada put the country in a very uncomfortable situation - structural deficit.

Once that's fixed, I'll worry about the rest of it. The GST should have never been reduced, income taxes should have been the priority.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The former Progressive Conservative Party was hijacked by a faction of the radical religious right. They changed their name to the Conservative Party and proceeded to adopt American-style campaigning which includes attack ads and a healthy dose of fear mongering.

The real threat is allowing a small group of secretive, racist neo-cons to take over the Canadian government, just as happened in the US. Regular Canadians should not allow it. I think that most of the Consrvatives' grassroots support is from people that don't know the truth about them. They're globalists.

The F35 is a lemon. I'd agree the military does need some new equipment but not an expensive piece of junk that doesn't fly.

Additional corporate tax breaks are NOT needed in a country that already has some of the lowest corporate taxes in the world. The Conservatives always help big corporations though, at the expense of regular people. They will raise taxes on the middle class while cutting them for the corporations and the rich.

Example: When they first formed the government they cut the GST. On the surface this looks like it's good for the poor but is it really? The GST is a consumptive tax. It doesn't get charged on necessities like food, things that poor people buy. But the rich save big time when they buy their cars, boats, atvs and all their other toys.

"Thanks, Harper!" yelled the banker as he sped off in his new 37 ft twin engine cabin cruiser.

The fact is if you are an immigrant or make less than $500,000/year family income you have no business voting Conservative. Harsh but true.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Additional corporate tax breaks are NOT needed in a country that already has some of the lowest corporate taxes in the world. The Conservatives always help big corporations though, at the expense of regular people. They will raise taxes on the middle class while cutting them for the corporations and the rich.

Example: When they first formed the government they cut the GST. On the surface this looks like it's good for the poor but is it really? The GST is a consumptive tax. It doesn't get charged on necessities like food, things that poor people buy. But the rich save big time when they buy their cars, boats, atvs and all their other toys.

"Thanks, Harper!" yelled the banker as he sped off in his new 37 ft twin engine cabin cruiser.

The fact is if you are an immigrant or make less than $500,000/year family income you have no business voting Conservative. Harsh but true.

I fully agree with most of what you said here, however, no one has any business voting Conservative, Liberal or NDP. They all work for the same people through the Bank of Canada. Whichever "major" party you vote in is still going to follow the same corporate agenda that the BOC lays down. Look at the US as an example, since it appears a little more hidden in Canada. Obama (dem/lib) took the Bush (rep/cons) policies and made them even worse. Don't get me started on the stuff up of the NDP/Labour, just look at Britain!

I'd vote for the Green Party again and if they ever got in I would just hope that they weren't "turned" by the BOC and "status quo."

The problem with politics everywhere is there is no transparency, but even worse, there is no accountability. Until that changes and until politicians know that their head's gonna roll personally for the damage they do to this colony, you're going to get the same ole same ole and all the graft and damage control. You'll see the scandals, if the PTB allow them to be aired for whatever their agenda requires. I know personally about a $150,000,000 tax and public funds fraud that never made it to the MSM and I can't release the details because of a superior court gag order, so there ya go.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
First, we need to do something about the Senate. It has to go or be extremely overhauled. The political patronage appointments in that cesspool are ridiculous. Does Mike Duffy really need to be in the Senate? Romeo Dallaire? Frank Mahovlich? Pamela Wallin? Nancy Greene? How about Michael Fortier getting a cabinet position before even getting appointed to the Senate, nevermind the fact he wasn't elected To the Commons in the first place.

Get our boys out of Afghanistan when the date comes in July. No more extensions, no more BS. Get them out.

Get Elizabeth May elected to a seat in the House. As far as I can tell, she's the only one in Canadian politics that gives a damn about the average person.

Get proportional representation or some form of it enacted now. I am not a Green Party supporter but how can it be right that they get almost a million votes and no seats and the Bloc gets 1.4 million votes and gets 49 seats?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The Conservative bobbleheads in my area have nothing to talk about except the "coalition" that they are positive will happen if they don't win a majority. Of course they don't tell everyone that they wanted to form a coaltion with the Bloc and NDP to bring down Martin's minority government.

And they certainly don't tell anyone that they finally had to MERGE with a racist fundamentalist Christian party to even get elected.

If the Liberals and the NDP ever merged into one party, do you think that Harper would bash them? I think he would, incessantly, because he knows that if that happens he'd never get a sniff of the Commons again.

The Conservatives are disingenuous at best and at the worst dishonest. You can't trust Harper.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The Con MP in my city had made a few shifty deals (ex.cell phone tower on his parents property without input from the constituents) and likes to take advantage of the free Canada post deal they get, to send as much crap as he can to us. I really hope they don't get a majority; imagine the arrogance from harper when that happens.

I saw a show on CBC a while back about a group of right wing religious nuts from out west that are lobbying the Cons. and trying to become the policy makers with their influence over the Cons. Religion and politics should NEVER mix.

I would rather have the Bloc. get into power than these Idiots.

The one quote that always comes to mind when I think about harper is "absolute power corrupts absolutely"

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ramuh
The one quote that always comes to mind when I think about harper is "absolute power corrupts absolutely"

How about "absolute corruption seeks absolute power indefinitely" when your taking about harper or any of these career criminal political hacks. Oh, and remember Russ Williams (serial killer/rapist) was both Paul Bernardo's friend and harper's pilot, go figure huh?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Whats the point of voting?

Politicians never do what they tell you they will anyways...

Pointless (imho)

really!!

what is the point?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I am not voting, elections always elect the elites, oh why bother and go voting? Harper will win.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This Canadian is checking in for voting duty!

Ever since I turned legal age I have never missed an election. Hopefully, I will never be in a position where I will miss a future election either.

It is sad to hear that some of you are opting not to vote. Do you realize that a majority of the population doesn't vote on this premise?! That means if everyone who thinks it is pointless to vote, votes, there would actually be change.

Vote! It is your duty if you want to remain free.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jest3r

Sounds like the policy of a tea-bagger, not a Canadian resident.

Why would you want to reduce the pensions of people who've worked for the right to collect those pensions? That's just asinine in my opinion, regardless of the country.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Interesting topic here. Why is an oil rich country like ours paying over $5/gallon for gas?

Edit: Here's the prices of a gallon of gas in some countries. Canada is a HUGE country. We need gas to survive. Russia is even bigger but they are paying 60% less than we are. WHY? And where is that money going?
edit on 15-4-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Isn't that the reason why people have organized nationally for a "Don't Buy Gas" day, today?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i feel like most here.
also pretty disheartened to vote, but after thinking about it, i probably will.. true, there's nobody to vote for. but i'm going to look at it as more of a vote against Harper more than anything. i hope maybe some of you will also, and we can stop him from getting full power.

i'm stoked how most of you also see through him/his party here. i'm bummed that i hear the exact opposite everywhere i else i turn though

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
IMHO
If you don't vote for
VOTE AGAINST
NO majority!
A lot less can go wrong
if they can't get anything done

for them I'll make an exception
I don't mind paying them for nothing in this case.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am not Canadian, but I would say freedom, otherwise nothing on the list matters.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Look. As long as the real issues in the world today are not debated in the mainstream media or in Parliament and are not therefore things that ordinary citizens are informed about, all of our elections will be fought on secondary or even tertiary issues that are of little consequence to the future of the country.

The fact of the matter is that our neighbor to the south is exhibiting very disturbing characteristics. Dr. Jeckyll has popped out the servant's entrance in the middle of the night in the persona of Mr. Hyde. Mr. Hyde is spending like a drunken sailor, beating up the neighbors and vandalizing property after beating his own wife to death and blaming it on someone else.

The whole world, including Mr. Hyde's victims, are acting as if nothing unusual were going on. We've stepped through the looking glass. The new reality is surrealism. It's a pretend world where, when the nation's leader says something is so, everyone accepts that unquestioningly, with a smile on their faces. Except for a few marginalized eggheads who are sneered and scoffed at as if they were the delusional ones.

Canada is involved in a cold war with the United States. Our situation is like that of someone chained to someone acting like a gorilla, a much bigger someone, with whom we are in no position to fight or even to sharply disagree.

Who is the sneakiest, slyest, most conniving, double dealing, triple speaking, boderline felon, with a high IQ who is a Canadian FIRST, LAST AND ALWAYS.

Vote for that person.

We are beyond issues.

We can get back to issues when the United States gets back to SANITY.

edit on 26-4-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I've written about this before, but it might be well to reiterate a couple of points.

A Prime Minister in a functioning parliamentary democracy is a very special person. This person is so odd that one has to go to mythical beastiaries to come close to an adequate description. Think large two headed reptile with heavily armored scales for skin, giant talons on all four muscular limbs, wings, a slashing barbed tail, poisonous saliva and x-ray vision.

This being is a carnivore with sadistic tendancies.

Such beings rarely rise to the top in a republic with presidential politics. George W. Bush is a perfect example of the kind of thing that can happen in republics. The powers that be put someone into the Oval Office who can simply be given a box of Lego blocks to play with for four years while they then run amuck with the country.

The mark of a good Prime Minister is that he first tries to cripple, castrate or reduce the power of his own party by whatever means he can, because he knows his greatest threat is the stilletto in the back. He then attempts to dodge Parliament, particularly the gauntlet of question period, as much as possible because he knows his second greatest threat is the stilletto from the front.

A Canadian Prime Minister's greatest challenge is to alter his guise like a chameleon in order to seem like a bumbling, inoffensive yes man, while endeavouring to insert one of his talons into the wallet pocket of the US President.

This can cause confusion among the population at home, who are often fooled by the PM's own subterfuges and then subject him to all sorts of catcalls, attacks on his "character"
, and threats to his majority in any upcoming by-election. Only the last is of real concern to him since personal criticisms wrongly presuppose in the PM an interest in the opinions of others.

The ideal PM is an ardent nationalist, but not effusive, in keeping with the traditional national style. He loves all things Canadian as a crocodile loves all things crocodillian. He guards Canada with all his guile.

Does this remind you of anyone? Vote for that person.
edit on 26-4-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Agree 100% with everything you said..We need to end the bank of canada and start printing our own money but to get the ball rolling we need a true leader, not a puppet who takes his orders from corporations and banksters. I honestly don't know how we are going to achieve this or even make most canadians aware of these facts. All I know is we have to take a stand and make this the country we want it to be

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I want to see good Global Warming or Pollution policy.

I do NOT want Kyoto. Kyoto credits are a scheme for rich countries and companies to pay under developed or 3rd World countries' elite to not develop. It is horrid.

I want them to stop back loading their military budget, with the mass payouts at the end of the term but by then they've redone the budget and backloaded it again.

I want the Senate reformed, for real. I want those frakers to be FINED for not showing up for votes, and I want them fined for sleeping in the chambers.

I want a real comprehensive water policy.

I want to see some real numbers on how many born Canadians are having children. This is vital data on policy making for the next 40 years. And they are intentionally obscuring it, probably for the sake of political correctness.

And if it says what I think it says, I want a royal commission on what needs to happen to encourage Canadians to have children.

I want election reform. I WANT ELECTION REFORM. The liberal candidate talking about being harassed - she isn't the only one and it isn't the first time. Because the people doing it are either in the bureaucracy, or they are landed Canadians who come from areas where intimidation is a common election tactic, this is being ignored.

I find this unacceptable. The problem with election intimidation isn't going to go away because it is inconvenient to look at. It is going to get worse. Particularly if Elections Canada doesn't step it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join