It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Boulder, Colorado March 25, 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This guy on another forum I frequent keeps saying he is sure they are military flares.
Is there any possibility of this?
The way they seem to controlled and still, makes it seem not be flares to me, but I'm not a flare expert.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

Triangular "BLIMPS" coated with stealth materials. No noise and slow moving. Could account for the enormous size.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
Does a ET have to show up at your doorstep and ask for sugar for some people to finally get it?

You say that like it's ridiculous, but why not? Or, why can't I hold off on my judgments until I get such undeniable proof that I... well... can't deny it. Asking for sugar would be good, but it doesn't even have to be so specific.

The thing is, so many people have been disappointed for so long by the lack of good proof, they're saying to themselves that it's just the nature of the animal that we're never going to get good proof, so let's just "settle" for what we have. But there's absolutely nothing inherent with UFOs to suggest that tomorrow morning we are NOT going to wake up and have our skies filled with alien ships. It's always a perfectly reasonable possibility.

So what's wrong with me waiting for just such a thing? I'm in no hurry.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
This guy on another forum I frequent keeps saying he is sure they are military flares.
Is there any possibility of this?

They aren't bright enough and there's not enough smoke.

CHI

NESE

LAN

TERNS

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

I guess your post was aimed at me.

My friend, did you intentionally pass that part about me seeing something that will make most of the people #it their pants? Do you know why I'm not sure we're being visited? Before my experience I blindly believed that we're being visited like most of you, after the event I started doing research and unfortunately I was put in front of much more unanswered questions than I could comprehend. I've seen something that changed my life forever, was it aliens? I don't know, they didn't land to come and meet us or at least we don't remember it. I know something else though, while the large number of people on sites like these calmly wait for youtube to bring them disclosure, answers and proof I am out there doing my research, slowly but surely, not sitting on my a-hole waiting for someone else to do the thinking for me. These are the very same kids who start jumping happily when MSM start speaking of UFOs but otherwise are spitting in MSM's face.

You know, it is threads like these that slowly but surely push me away from places like ATS, and this is something you won't understand until you don't #it your pants in my place. And to understand at least a part of my anger, it is junk like this that gets the attention of the people and the cases deserving much more get burried under a pile of lame youtube videos. So, good for you guys and gals, if MSM's saying aliens, it ought to be, I gave you a very simple and logical explanation that most of you failed to comprehend.

Obviously being registered on a "truth-seekers forum" isn't an indication of being able to think on your own... But as you said, I'm very scared about my closed-minded self and that's why I explain this as lanterns. Too bad you don't know me and fail to realise how terribly wrong you are.

Edit to add - I dare you, read my detailed story about my sighting, it is a very unique one, spaning more than 6 hours, including dozens of UFOs, some of them we saw in amazing (for the UFO subject) detail. Do you know why I think you won't do that? Cause it involves a lot of reading and analyzing information.
edit on 28-3-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

They are long burn flares used in geo coordinates for land based operations.I know for certain- we used them in 'stan.

edit on 28-3-2011 by FederalOpinion because: f'd up

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is from five days earlier in Colorado: www.nuforc.org... . Some similarity in that there were two separate "glows" which seem to have been red, though more diffuse than the pinpoints in the video.

Here are some more news stories on the triangle lights event:

Le Canadian
Newser
Livescience
Daily Mail
Examiner: FAA Won't Comment on UFO Sighting Over Lafayette Colorado
edit on 29-3-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Pretty sure chinese lanterns don't fly in formation

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Titor86

It was 3 unknown UFO lights in formation while moving period. Moving on.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Its on yahoo news too.....

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

Study what formation is first. Period.

2nd line is made of chinese lanterns

p.s. sorry, wrong poster, this was directed at Titor, my bad
edit on 29-3-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I saw this video earlier today, and wanted to ask the ATS crowd a question.

Why does the shape of the triangle change?

It seems the top red light moves to form not only an isosceles triangle, but a scalene and right triangle too. From what I see the triangle actually changes. Is that what other members are seeing too?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
I saw this video earlier today, and wanted to ask the ATS crowd a question.

Why does the shape of the triangle change?

It seems the top red light moves to form not only an isosceles triangle, but a scalene and right triangle too. From what I see the triangle actually changes. Is that what other members are seeing too?

The lights move around because the chinese lanterns aren't connected to each other...

People really need to learn basic geometry before they start commenting on any kinds of light formations and drawing conclusion that they are triangular aircraft.

Practical experiment:

Draw 3 dots on a piece of paper.

Question, What shape do you get?
Answer, A triangle or a straight line.

Reason: The only shapes you can make with 3 points are a triangle and a straight line.
edit on 29-3-2011 by skyjohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There's lots of videos of Chinese lanterns. Since it's so obviously that, you should be able to easily find some that look just like these lights, or indeed anything like these lights. I can't, but I'm sure you will.
edit on 29-3-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
If you watch the whole movie you see an airplane passing between the dots, so...

- Can't be a triangular bomber or experimental craft: if the plane is passing in front of it ( it's is as big as one of the dots). it would be Huge.

- If the plane is passing behind the 3 lights then it is not a solid object but 3 seperate lights.

edit on 30-3-2011 by Morrel because: typo

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Chinese Lanterns.. Oh please.

There's an area near me called Puttenham. It's a large hill where you can see the surrounding area for miles. People regularly let off lanterns from this point, they are easy as hell to identify and never end up in a consistent formation, let alone one of this size. Also, lanterns flicker - these lights were clearly solid & very vibrant.

I’m going to try and get my hands on the HD version of this video and analyze it.

Very interesting stuff OP

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Where are you people that they are letting loose chinese lanterns all the time? I have never once seen a chinese lantern floating through the sky in all my years and I sky watch constantly. :/

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiroProtagonist
Where are you people that they are letting loose chinese lanterns all the time? I have never once seen a chinese lantern floating through the sky in all my years and I sky watch constantly. :/

You’re joking? In the UK they are incredibly common and actually ended up in an article in the (i forget which) newspaper because farmer's were getting frustrated with cleaning up the lanterns once they'd burnt out. Not to mention they are dirt cheap, £2 each to be precise.

Here is an article regarding Manchester Airport. They were scared the lanterns would bring down commercial planes due to the rising popularity of them being used in the area.

Chinese Lanterns
edit on 30/3/11 by TristanC because: Added Link.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Why is it always that when three innocuous lights that even in the context of a video shift and change formation showing them to be three individual separate objects; that the moment they form into a delta formation it's instantly "a triangular craft" when it is obviously not a singular craft or indeed anything more than just lights?

Which, in turn, gets me wondering. Why is it you never see or hear of physical craft anymore? It always seems more and more that they are just lights. In the last five years the only one I can think of was that turkey ufo filmed by a security guard. What happened to the gulf breeze sightings or Kenneth Arnold sightings of the previous century?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Here is an article I found talking about B-2 bombers flying from Whiteman AFB to The TTR. This gives credence to the idea of stealth bombers flying over Colorado as they have to go through Colorado to get to the TTR.

A B-2A Spirit Stealth Bomber from the 509th Bomber Wing, operating out of Whiteman Air Force Base, delivered and released the B61-11 JTA at the NNSA’s Tonopah Test Range in Nevada.

The article is from early April so that leads me to believe that this testing could of happened around the time this thread was originaly posted. Im not saying that is what it definately is but this is for the people who say that a stealth bomber wouldn't ever be in that area.
source article

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join