It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

atf wants you shot gun now.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Whatever. Mark my words, when the order comes down to restrict firearms ownership in the US, it will be a right wing candidate in office.

They have been using this technique for a while now. Get the president you dont suspect of trying to screw you on an issue to screw you on an issue. Like Obama allowing people to stay in jail for life without trial, or Clinton ramming through NAFTA. It was during Dubyas presidency that the military was seizing weapons from citizens in Louisiana, remember.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Many of them are infact banned.

Those imported ones don't legally fall under the ATFs definition of tactical shotguns.

They have altered features that allow them to be classifed as sporting shotguns.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What's next a ban on the Ruger 10/22? Shotguns are one of the most versatile weapons that you can own. From tactical to upland to deer and turkey a shotgun can't be beat. That's why the want to come after them. They want the every man's weapon.

Glad my new 870 accessories are already in the mail!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I will continue to disagree until you show me a source. Seems fair considering your earlier request.

You might be correct, but I think I know what I know until you prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

you mean like this one www.defensereview.com... now that is full auto 12 ga fire power, duck hunt!!!! or like this model and yes it is a real 12ga shot gun spas12.com... and there is more. just for you "duck" hunters, drum any one? www.youtube.com... oh and this for you deer/ elk hunters that well need more than three rounds here is the 2 i would say you need www.youtube.com... and the last ultimate deer/ elk rifle www.youtube.com... happy hunting

oh come on where is you humor?
edit on 25-3-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I really doubt that my rifle/shotgun will be
on the banned list...
www.rossiusa.com...

Mine is a single shot youth size.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Apparently the move is to do an interpretation of the existing laws to do this. The ATF evidently did a study and decided they could do it - or at least try.

Here is an article that talks about it..

BATFE Wants To Ban Importation Of “Military” Style Shotguns

A report just released by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), “Study on the Importability of Certain Shotguns,” has proposed that, “military shotguns, or shotguns with common military features that are unsuitable for traditional shotgun sports” be prohibited from importation.

Here is the actual ATF Study that is causing the hub-bub..

ATF Study on the Importablity of Certain Shotguns - PDF of the actual Study

Basically it looks like they are wanting to ban the tactical or military / police style shotguns.

PS - Guys - please take a look at the last picture in the ATF's report above. To me that looks more like a heavily mod'ed standard pump shotgun - and not an "off the shelf" type gun. Am I right or wrong?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
In a number of states the banned shotguns have a legal version that can be sold legally.
then all you have to do is go to a gun show and buy the parts to convert it back to the banned version

In many cases the ban is on the sale of the banned gun. Not the ownership.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

home.comcast.net...

It's not exactly a legal site, but it is a simplified explanation.

If you have a semi-auto "assault weapon" which does infact include shotguns.. More parts must be made in america than can be made over seas.

Hence International Assault Weapons are banned.

The way they do it, oftenly is get the bare bones over sea then fit them with american made parts here upon importation.

Or they make the gun in such a fashion that it doesn't need to fit the criteria and can be called a sporting rifle/shotgun.

I saw a SPAS-12 in cabella's once. I picked it up and held it.
Man I wished I had 900 dollars right then.. It was one of the more incredibly well feeling guns I've held.. the only one coming close being a Colt AR.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I do wish the ATF would stop with their studies.

It's not their job.
Infact, I don't even think the ATF should exist.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
without the atf
who would be running the full autos to mexico
to blame on the legit american sellers?

me, I think they will make a play that makes people beg to turn in their weapons

they didn't get to this point on the take over the universe game by being stupid.

they will go the UN treaty route too I bet,
nau, harmonization, trilateral....
we are lining up for a majority aipac/ UN /bilderberger government here in Canada, as of today...

I take that as a sign
here we go
edit on 25-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

the erosion of gun rights in this country will never end and it is going to get worse.

back in the day i could open the sears catalog or the service merchandise catalog and order a no frill rifle or shotgun hell my local walmart doesn't even carry guns anymore.

the majority of americans in this country do not even know where to even go buy one which is sad and pathetic.

some of my favorite gun ownership quotes:

"There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but in our hearts; a law which comes to us not by training or custom or reading; a law which has come to us not from theory but from practice; not by instruction but by natural intuition: I refer to the law which lays it down that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right." marcus tullius cicero

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague." marucs tullius cicero

"Tyranny derives from the oligarchy's mistrust of the people; hence they deprive them of arms, ill-treat the lower class, and keep them from residing in the capital. These are common to oligarchy and tyranny." Aristotle

last quote to think on which rings true of todays united fascist states of america:

As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust. Laws disarming honest citizens proclaim that the government is the master, not the servant, of the people.- jeff snyder

gun control in any form is unjust when our government and those people seek to diminish the individuals RIGHT TO own any type of firearm for self defense no matter the situation instead actively seeks and pursues at every chance and whim to make your only means of self defense picking up the phone and dialing 9-11 is an action of treason and every single american in this country needs to stop what they are doing and yield no further and protect PROTECT their constitutional right to defend themselves no matter the cause.

if you do nothing this country truly is dead this country use to be about freedom it use to be about the government serving the public not the public serving the government turn back the tides of authoritarian rule

americans i ask you they don't trust you ask yourselves why that is.

stand up and be heard and stop the insanity.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

if the BATFE has it's way you can not own this www.remington.com... see link for pic, but this is one of 50 models that will be on the ban list plus the parts to make it, stock, tube ext,
or tactical www.impactguns.com...
Model SP-10™ Thumbhole

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

my step grand paw would have a fit and a half , he had twin 45 Thompson's, Browning BAR, M1A1 and a 50cal the M2HB,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join