It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Ats make people feel there's no point in day to day living?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
damn, you made you sign in just to say im feelin the same way...

so many zombies walking around knowing nothing thats going on in the world. yes this might be a depressing topic but its true and thats why these forms are here so we can discuss it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation
I can't see the point in holidays,weddings or having children although i do have one son but now i even feel guilty sometimes for bringing him into this messed up world. I just wondered if anyone else sometimes thinks what's the point. we won't be even remembered in 50 years or less and it's just pot luck that any of us are here anyway.

Friend, and I say this sincerely - please go get some help. You're dealing with some fairly heavy mental pressures and there are options out there that will help. Be it medication, therapy, or a combination of both - just go do it. If you can't find joy and value in your own son being a part of this world - it's time to talk.

Another piece of advice - unplug, my friend. The world out there isn't nearly as screwed up as some of the ATS-Loonies would have you believe. Remember - the very nature of this website will produce fear and anxiety as it lends itself to the fantastic, the unknown, the uncertain.

Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow or in 2012 - despite the posts. Do yourself a favor and find a way to enjoy your life and your family. Today is what matters. Make the best of it

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I didn't say that i don't get pleasure from my son being alive, i just wonder if i did the right thing in bringing more life into the world. Life can be beautiful and i can see the beauty of nature when i'm out with my dog in the countryside here in yorkshire. What i'm trying to say i think is that even when i make the effort and go out which i do twice daily at least with the dog needing walks, i still come home and feel unfulfilled. It's like every one else has got it sussed out except me. Some of the replies today though have shown me that other people feel the same way and perversely that has made me feel better somehow to know i'm not the only one to wonder what it's all about.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It might make it so that the "point" is to be current with the news, and on the different ideas of it. Which I think you could say shifts the importance from the individual to something broader, which isn't always a good thing.

edit on 30-3-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join