It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat Problems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have been a lurker since 2007 and a member since 2009, so I'm not exactly a newbie, but I AM somewhat computer illiterate. As you can see I have spent a couple of years getting enough threads and posts to get my magic"200" so that I can utilize the chat feature. BUT...try as I may, I just can't seem to make the *&^^#@ thing work. I have U2U'd a few of the "regulars" about it, but got no response and I have also used the search feature, but can't find this particular problem, which is ; that I can see the chat going on, I can read it, but I just can't participate because there is no space or box to type in. I have tried 3 different browsers: IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

GRRRRRR!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hello? is anybody out there? lol

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yip, I have the same problem I can't send messages either - I've given up now - hope you have better luck. There are regular posts about the same thing but I think it should be made a lot more straight forward.

Sorry can't help

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

All I get is a gray screen. I have no idea why I can't access it. I've tried it a few times but just gave up. I'll look forward to see if someone can explain how to access the chat room.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
chat has anonymous members ni it , so i'd guess thats what your ending up as if you cant typr anything. so i'd guess youre not logged into ats, but if you are logged in then i dont know.
clean out your cookies or something, update java?, i dont know, i'l stick with cookies.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Java is good ...I play Pogo games regularly, so I keep java updated. Cookies are good. I am definitely logged in or I wouldn't have been able to make this thread otherwise. I have used both the chat/voyeur button and the blue chat button on the top of the page. Nothing works.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Some can chat, some cannot.

I've tried 3 different browsers, and now even tried it on a different computer.
I still just get the permission denied error. I even took off all my virus protection, cleared cookies, cache, history, etc.
Made sure I was Jave script enabled, all up to date, etc.
Nothing.

Not even the voyeur window....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
yeah - I cant get chat either, or voyeur. All I get is a gray screen also.

using 2 different computers, signed off, signed back on, cleared history, cache, cookies, passwords the whole shebang (on BOTH computers... hubby did NOT appreciate it)

FOR ALL 3 BROWSERS!!!! ie, ff, chrome.

But on other forums I can use chat, just not ATS, and I do have the post count required, besides, even without the post count I should be able to at least use voyeur.

Casing

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thank you all for your responses...I found the problem. I went to control panel - security and typed in the url for ATS in the box to allow pop-ups. go figure.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tasty Canadian
Thank you all for your responses...I found the problem. I went to control panel - security and typed in the url for ATS in the box to allow pop-ups. go figure.

I have tried that too. grrr. glad you fixed yours tho. so maybe there is hope for me yet.

Casing

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
First time for me, too tonight......can't get into chat, was in no problem last night, tho....

Gray screen. Haven't tried to re-boot, yet.....using Chrome.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
i have never chat here

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anumberhere1

Me neither. Will read post if I get any problems.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
iS chat working?

I'm getting "Err U483. Access Denied. The user name you entered is not permitted."

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Your problem is that you have a special character in your name the ~
No one with those can get into chat, you could try pm'ing Djarums and he may be able to sort it out for you

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks, Dave. I've been to chat hundreds of times though. Recent change?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Its been like that since the last time the chat room got upgraded

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
hmmm im at 175? ish. and it wont let me on!

Whats this about the magic 200 ? is it just an error or something which means the chat point limit is 50 shy?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kriltosthe2nd

hmmm im at 175? ish. and it wont let me on!

According to your profile you're actually at only 91 posts. Once you reach 150 you should be able to use the chat feature.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kriltosthe2nd

Explanation: Uhmmm?

Personal Disclosure: I hope this helps and OL hopes to see you in Chat asap. Goodluck!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join