It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baekdu Mountain Supervolcano!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
bumping my own thread , bumping my own thread what a glorious feeling of bumping my own thread ..

the latest news on this rather important volcano im sorry its a month over due for the update for those of you who are following this thread .

www.arirang.co.kr...

VOD SERVICE Since the earthquake and tsunami in Japan in March, some Koreans are concerned that similar disasters could hit the Korean Peninsula. Earth science professor Yoon Seong-hyo at Busan National University claims there is a high chance the volcanic Mount Baeku, located on the North Korea-China border, could erupt.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Yeah well I have been aware of the Baedku volcano since NKorea's nuclear test in 2006... which some geologists said had woke it up...

So we shall see... but if it happens, NKorea is screwed.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
well the dispute is still on going about Baekdu ... here is an update on it ...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The North Korean leadership has used its nuclear program for theatrical purposes from the very beginning. It has relied on the spectacle of rocket launches and covert nuclear facilities to keep the attention of its foreign and domestic audiences. It hasn't paid much attention to the critics and their punitive responses. As long as North Korean citizens are dazzled and foreign leaders are riveted, the nuclear program has accomplished its aims.

i read somewhere that they expect it to erupt in a big way sometime in 2013 or 2014.. but we shall wait and see ...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
iceagenow.info...

i know its over a year old but i thought to bump my thread once again. as we re getting closer to 2014 and 2015.. this baby is a wait and see when she blows big ..

another link for a good read . www.koreatimes.co.kr...

edit on 16/7/13 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

ah more stupidity on a grand grand scale .. here ya go. rt.com...

On January 24 North Korea announced that it is planning to conduct a third nuclear test. It comes in the wake of sanctions enforced by the UN Security Council, following the December 12th long-range rocket launch. The launch was in violation of UN resolutions, banning the country from developing missile or nuclear technology after nuclear tests in 2006 and 2009.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: alysha.angel

an update on the volcano .

Eruptions[edit]
§Future[edit]
In 2014, the Government of North Korea invited vulcanologists James Hammond of Imperial College, London and Clive Oppenheimer of the University of Cambridge to study the mountain for recent volcanic activity. Their work is expected to last for "two or three years".[

en.wikipedia.org...
www.smithsonianmag.com...

His team isn’t the only group of Western scientists to work in North Korea in recent years, but they are one of just a handful, and the first to install scientific equipment in the country’s natural environment. Their project began, Hammond explains, as a result of interest from North Korean researchers.

apparently and thanking god that shes not as ready to blow her top as they thought a few years ago... so we ll see.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join