It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Console: Release dates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Anyone know about the release dates or the making of any new consoles? I'm Aussie and hate it how we are behind the 8-ball when it comes to releases.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think the only new game systems hitting the market this year are the 3DS, and PSP2..

Not sure of release dates.. I don't think the PSP2 has a release date yet..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Theres a rumor going about that next generation consoles wont be seen until 2015. Here is the pic that started it. You should get a gaming pc

edit on 3/24/2011 by goochball because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
They seem to want to wring as much life out of the PS3 and the Xbox 360 rather than release new consoles, is strange as you would think either of them would want to beat the other to the punch and get a new gen console to makret and snap up the others users.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
As has already been said, Sony's NGP and Nintendo's 3DS are the only systems set to release this year. Sorry, but you'll probably be stuck with extremely outdated hardware for another few years if you use consoles.

Meanwhile, my laptop is already most likely more powerful than the next consoles will be

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
As has already been said, Sony's NGP and Nintendo's 3DS are the only systems set to release this year. Sorry, but you'll probably be stuck with extremely outdated hardware for another few years if you use consoles.

Meanwhile, my laptop is already most likely more powerful than the next consoles will be

I hope so though. I heard that Mario kart 3Ds is going to be realsed in November 22, 2011. i'm not sure but IGN said so.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
They seem to want to wring as much life out of the PS3 and the Xbox 360 rather than release new consoles, is strange as you would think either of them would want to beat the other to the punch and get a new gen console to makret and snap up the others users.

Hopefully that the New generations consoles come out in 2015. I remember that every 5 years they always release new consoles one by one

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Likely true - but consoles are getting more and more of the games and PC's less.

Remember back in the day when they actually wrote games for PCs.. now everything is a console port and most of them suffer for it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Yeah I know. I suppose I'm a bit resentful about it to be honest.

Developers like DICE give me hope though. If BF3 lives up to the reputation of BF2, PC gaming could start returning to it's position as king of the video game industry. Apparently Gamestop is going to be putting attention towards PC games too since they just bought out Impulse for digital distribution, so things are actually starting to look up for us PC gamers.

Besides, Valve makes more per employee than both Apple and Google and they're still primarily PC developers.

Edit: I feel I should apologize though, I'm kind of going off topic here.
edit on 31-3-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join