It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the movie super 8 true?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I was just thinking and I want to ask you all this question.
Is the upcoming movie super 8 true?

Please give your opinions.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Claudius

No it is not true.

It is a movie

link

Read about it, and learn

VvV

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

yes is is a movie, but it began as an idea....everything existing in our UNIVERSAL conciousness began as an idea so if you are wondering if this truly exists or not....who the hell cares...what matters is...;" do you WANT it to be real or not? it's up to you

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
yes it´s true, the beast now lives in the White House.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yes, yes it is.

Head for the hills immediately.
Quickly now.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It's true in the sense that this is how Spielberg got hooked on making movies. Saw an interview with him once where he described when he was a kid he used a Super 8 and would make monster movies with his friends. I think the premise of the film-making is semi-autobiographical.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It is entirely Allegorical.

All the popular gnostic elements are there. The subterrenean reptile like creature with an ability to camoflage himself corresponds to the sinister "shadow" of Jungian psychology.

The shadow represents mans "evil function" so to speak. Basically everything we attribute to the devil or Satan, anything we consider to be wrong or evil, it all exists within us. This aspect is is also very subtle - ie, camoflaged. We all succumb to that innate aspect within ourselves frequently throughout the day

Society (or humanity, in this allegory) teaches us to "repress" it (or so according to this gnostic logic) ie; subterrenean, by refusing to allow its expression. Letting "go to it", or coming to terms with it, as humanity (society) should have been doing with the alien they had kept in captivity (furthering the motif of repression), is what they needed to do.

The father son relationship is a common theme in mythology and something spoken about by psychologists and comparitive mythologists. This relationship symbolizes God (father) and mankind (son). According to gnostic thought, the "father " represents Thought and the ability to reason and understand. Thus, the father (as patriarchial religions like Judaism and Islam) is focused on law and order. Hence, the father is a cop who seems to relish being respected and exercising authority. At one point in the movie he says "i have 12,000 people relying on me". Meaning, he acts (or the reason) the way he does to please society..

The mother however is "dead". The mother symbolizes the emotions, or irrational function of the self. The mother is dead or absent because the personality is being dominated by the father - the reason. The boy symbolizes the current self which is feeling emotionally starved. He misses his mother. or "living life - the experiences/emotions of life". He feels that his father doesnt know him ie; he doesnt understand his needs. Do you remember what he said to his dad? "You dont know what i need". If the father - the reason - understood the nature of the self (represented by the boy) he would understand that he needs more emotional freedom. He feels constrained and held back.

And later on the boy saves the girl - or his soul (is this any different from the prince saving his princess from an evil step mother? Or from a dragon? ) - from the clutches of his evil function. in the scene where the self - the boy - confronts the dragon - the shadow - the boy (self) says, "evil happens", "evil happens". Therefore coming to an intellectual and philosophical nature of reality; its inherent dualism. The Shadow lets go of the boy and flies off. At the very end, the boy lets go of the necklace that belonged to his mother (or the feeling of being "constrained" ie; feeling a tug, which is what the neclace symbolizes), which essentially means, he has grown up. Hes become a man. He is no longer constrained and controlled by his reason alone, and so in the movie, the father and the son reconcile. This all essentially means that he looks at the world differently now. To be "whole" he has to express both the reasonable, and the irrational, emotional, and animalistic sides to his self.

If youre into that philosophy, im sure you enjoyed the movie. I however now know that JJ abrams, and Steven Spielberg, both Jews, have a very unjewish philosophy. They are actually christians - gnostics.

By itself, the movie was great. Spielberg is a great filmmaker.

new topics

top topics

join