It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're laying new road out the front of my house...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Can-do Campel is running for state parliment, Gulia Jillard is getting flacked for being a ranga and taxing charcoal, there laying new asphalt out the front of my house, Centrelink says i'm elligable for the childcare rebate and my car registratrion is $20 cheaper than last year.
edit on 24/3/11 by spearhead because: toad

Never underestimate the power of a random phone call from a poll agency. I had one and i'm currently empowered as crap I randomly bitched about is changing in front of my eyes

SNIP

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/24/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

And all that is breaking news how??
Sounds like a well rounded rant to me..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I'm concerned....

Fosters has pulled it's beer off the shelf of Dan Murphy's and LiKour Land bottle shops!!! These retailers owned by Coles and Woolworths, the biggest supermarket/retailers in the nation, have tried to start a price war by selling regional beer at an almos 50% discounted price. This would effectively devalue the Australian made premium beers.

The end result would run this beer and its producer of the shelf as the cost of production manufacture would out weigh the profit made on wholesale. Large companies can afford to sell product at much lower price as they have the ability to move high volume of product. Smaller companies with smaller profit margins per volume would have no choice but to compete with the market by demanding cheaper prices from the producer. This is where I get upset.... my beer.....VB will be run off the shelf!!!

I would love to pay $28 a carton for my beer but I will not sacrifice it for the subliminal dollar value..... just another annoying factor.

I saw in the 'Sunday Mail' this week, an article, rating people social status by the quality of beer they drink. Of a poll taken by 800 people, VB was rated as the "sadest" beer and Corona as the most socially accepted.....

*SNIP*

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
edit on 3/24/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Coles and Woolworths are not out to break Fosters..
They're out to break the small independent liqueur outlets..

I agree with what Fosters did..
The majors should not be allowed to lose money to force out competition..
They can absorb the loss, small operators can't..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Fosters are holding their ground against Coles.

This is a good thing!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Damn straight.... VB at 4.6% ALC and 1.4 standard drinks stands equal or higher to a low carb 4.2 - 5% beer.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Price wars on beer? I can't even remember whether the supermarket I go to is Safeway, Coles or neither, they're all the same.

Wouldn't know how much a slab costs these days either, but I'm sure it's better than the $9.50 I got slapped for a pot the other day...

In all seriousness, I think Fosters are in their right to control their supply/distribution. If in works for OPEC it will work for the Fosters Group.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Damn straight, As I said I sooner see Fosters pull their product from corporate terrorist than not have it available at all

As for the price of beer... currently i'm looking at 37.99 for VB @ 20% off, so without doing the math i'd say your looking at 46$ a carton for good old Aussie beer. If your a mid strength man your looking at 36-42$ a carton and if your a Tasmanian your looking at 32-38$ a carton (for those lights).
\

new topics

top topics

join