It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you know if your cursed or have a curse object in your possession?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I believe you. Glad you got rid of the thing! I would have done exactly what you did. I wonder why they allowed people to carve from something that the locals know as to be cursed? I couldn't help but think of the Brady Bunch episode where they were in Hawaii and Bobby found that TIKI and it brought them bad luck the entire time.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavannahJane
reply to post by kinda kurious

I believe you. Glad you got rid of the thing! I would have done exactly what you did. I wonder why they allowed people to carve from something that the locals know as to be cursed? I couldn't help but think of the Brady Bunch episode where they were in Hawaii and Bobby found that TIKI and it brought them bad luck the entire time.

So an physical object can absorb energy? What materials can adsorb/hold the most energy?

Can psychic energy be amplified?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I was only going by what the tour guide told kinda kurious . And if the locals think it angers the volcano gods then I wouldn't be the person to tempt it. Not saying there is any credence to it, just wouldn't go against the grain on it. Call me superstitious.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SavannahJane

A little more background:

Pele, Goddess of Fire
The most famous legend in Hawaii relates to Pele, the goddess of fire. She is said to live in Kilauea, an active volcano that sits on the flank of the huge Mauna Loa volcano. Legend has it that she is agreeable enough if respected, but woe be to anyone who takes her rocks or otherwise disrespects her. Bad luck--and possibly fire and lava--will rain on that person until the rocks are returned.

www.mythicalrealm.com...

The website source is called MYTHS and LEGENDS. So make of it what you will. I only know what happened to me and don't think I was "predisposed" to interpret the string of bad luck since I wasn't aware of the material until 'after the fact.'

ETA More:

Still each year thousands of pieces of lava rock are mailed back to Hawaii by guilty people all over the world who claim to have had horrible misfortunes since taking the rocks from Pele’s home and ask for her forgiveness.

www.trails.com...

RETURNED LAVA ROCK STORIES (Classic!)
edit on 25-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: added content

edit on 25-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: clarity

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

If Jack, Micky and Ryan suddenly turn up knocking at your door then chances are good that you have a cursed object in your possession.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I wonder how many people will recognize your reference. I loved that show and Robey was an amazing looking lady.

I don't know about "cursed" but I grew up sleeping on either of a set of twin beds that my uncle and dad had when they were kids. My dad had night terrors his entire childhood. He'd wake up the whole household screaming at the top of his lungs and he once said he felt something was suffocating him. But still, he brought those two beds into his own home after he and my mom left the military and bought a permanent house. I would often switch between the two beds as I sometimes liked to sleep in the spare room where one of the beds was. I think somehow the one my dad had night terrors in ended up permanently in my bedroom. We were kind of borderline poor and I was partially supporting my parents so I could not really afford to move out for quite a few years. So I was stuck sleeping in that bed for ages and I hardly knew a nights peace in it. I would have odd dreams, sleep paralysis, wake up feeling like someone was holding my hand, wake up seeing blobby jellyfish looking things floating and attached to me (they'd fade out as I fully awoke).

It was just bizarre. Anyway, I finally was able to move out. Years went by. My mom tried to sleep in my old room to get away from my dad's snoring and SHE started having the same issues I did. She couldn't believe I lived there all those years and out up with all that without complaint. What can I say, as long as it's not spiders, it takes some doing to freak me out. She gave up on it, thinking there was something wrong with the bedroom.

More years passed and I got the house I currently live in. My parents wanted to turn the spare room into an office so they moved the good twin bed into my old bedroom and really insisted I take my old bed shortly after I moved into this house. I was NOT happy about this. My house had a good enough vibe to it at first but the moment that infernal bed went into the room I was setting up as the nursery, the house felt off and still does, to this day, a little. I sometimes conduct a house blessing and throw sea salt around to quiet things down a bit. I also have another ATS member standing by ready to help me if nasty stuff starts up again.

I slept in the bed once though, no problem. So did my mother in law. But the whole house became weird. My master bedroom bed once lifted a few inches in the air with me and my cat sitting in it. I kept feeling a presence following me around. The cats started peeing ON the bad twin bed. We closed off that room and I kept the baby in the master bedroom.

The story could go on and on...and I think I've told part of it elsewhere on ATS in a different context. Fast forward, I had the literally damned bed hauled off to the dump and conducted a house blessing. I went on Zoloft for good measure, just in case I was losing my marbles...I'm a very practical woman who likes to cover all the bases. My parents were upset I threw out a "perfectly good bed" they'd had forever, but hey, the cats destroyed it anyway. My mom was able to move into my old bedroom and sleep on the "good twin" bed. Lol, talk
about evil twins! I had one, I guess.

I finally had a talk with my folks and told them my ideas on that bed. A lifetime of strangeness seems gone now from their house when I visit it now. I do not know anything about that bed. My grandma might have but she passed away awhile ago and I just never thought to ask her about where she got the beds or if she was the first owner.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Some humans if thats what they are appear normal , but they have a power.
If you cross them you will be sorry .
Be nice to everyone espescially strangers, lest they turn their attention your way.
Its like some people can spell, and then some people can spell.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Curses are bull #e. The only way they have any power is if you believe they work and/or you think you deserve it.

I used to think this Wiccan b1tch put a curse on me because I boned her and didn't call her.

Turns out I was just paranoid and bought into the BS. Funny when I think about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I have a locket that was given to me by my fiance a couple of years ago. The same day he gave it to me, we had gone out (it was my birthday) and a really strange thing happened. While waiting to sing, a girl came up to me and told me that she was supposed to give me something, her name was Sunny, and she claimed to be a practicing witch, she said that she recieved a message and that it was to find a certian bracelet in a thrift store, and to bring it to my city, to the same club I was singing at, and give it to me, the lady whose birthday it was.

I am going to shorten the story or I will be here typing all night, my friends began to have unimaginable bad luck, while I did the opposite. My best friend was kiding about the bracelet or locket had brought me good luck, so I told her to wear the bracelet. She was in a car wreck, her other car was stolen, her home broken into, all her money taken from her bank account, all in one day. We both forgot about the bracelet for a while, and her life continued to spiral out of control, one tragedy after another.

Back to the locket, it was antique, it had come from a large estate sale in Baton Rouge LA. Over 100 years old with some odd writing on the back. When you opened it it had what appeared to be blood in it. I later found out that it was a locket of protection, with the runes on it for Algiz, Tiwaz, Raidho, and Sowillo on it. Took me a while to find this out.

My friend was now in the hospital, suffering with an infection that the doctors had yet to locate an exact cause. Her daughter came home with me for the night, she asked if she could wear the necklace, and being the little goth girl that she is, she was very interested in it being for protection. She took it and put it on her mama. The next day her mom's fever broke, and she rapidly recovered, out of the hospital 2 days later. When she walked back into her house she said she smelled a 'death' smell, strong too, she hunted down the source of it, and it was the bracelet. She said it stunk like a dead animal. She brought both back to me, the locket and the bracelet, and I put them into my jewelry box where they stay, I am afraid to separate the two, I really think that the locket protects me from the evil associated with the bracelet. Why not just throw the bracelet away? Well, because I went to a palm reader and mediator and she said that it was a gift to me, and the only way to remove it's 'charms' from my life would be to gift it to another. I won't do that to anyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

It's finally out in a DVD boxed set. I loved the show too.
www.amazon.com...
Robey was indeed very swank. She was a famous model and singer in Canada:
en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07bc853e0bbd.jpg[/atsimg]

As for the beds, I'd lock them up downstairs in the vault...
edit on 3/26/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks for letting me know about the DVD set...let's hope when we watch it the beastly girl Samarra from The Ring doesn't pop out of the tv and get us!

Space Cadet, sounds like "Sunny" did you a serious wrong. At some point it sounds like you'll have to figure out a way to permanently dispatch both items together or de curse the bracelet. Just don't bury them. Somebody who enjoys using metal detectors will dig them up. My husband used to do that. He's thinking about taking it up again. I'm not too thrilled. After what happened with the bed, I no longer allow antiques or second hand items in the house unless I know about their background.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wow, the Hawaiian thing reminds me of one of my dad's friends who went on vacation to the islands and she somehow ended up with one of the little lava rocks in her suitcases or something. Well, as soon as she got home, she acquired a spinal injury and had to stay in bed for a while. I'm not sure what happened to the rock, but I heard my dad speaking with her on the phone about the superstitions...
Pretty cool, I'd say... as long as I'm not in possession of one of those!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have heard there are cursed roles in Hollywood. Every guy who ever played Superman. ( I think, Jesus, too.)

The Hope Diamond's curse and history is like something out of an Indiana Jones movie. The first poor guy who got ahold of it, stole it off the head of a India God idol. Later, he was shredded by wolves. The diamond changed hands many times before it winds up at the Smithsonian.
history1900s.about.com...
I understand the neclace in the Titanic movie, called The Heart Of The Ocean, is based upon it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What about all of those demonic movies? Namely, the Exorcist? I seem to recall something about drug issues and the decay of fame because of the lead actress's role in the movie.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
My home baseball team is cursed. The Chicago Cubs have "The curse of the billy goat".
en.wikipedia.org...
This guy back in the '40's was kicked out of the stadium for bringing his smelly pet goat to the game, which bothered fans. He yelled this team ain't gonna win no more!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A guy once told me to beware of the sanga, that black majic is real. He told me how a woman he had betrayed went to the witch doctor and how she had him cursed. He said that one day he felt an itch in his forearm and when he looked, he saw the skin literally crawl as though there was something living underneath it. He told me he went to a doctor who ran some tests and found nothing wrong with him. He said he was a bit of a sex addict and that whenever he contemplated another woman, the problem would recur. He said he tried alternative medicine and yoga but that in the end the only thing that lifted the curse was when he went to church and with the help of others, prayed about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
So an physical object can absorb energy?

I'm not sure if an inanimate object can absorb energy. But I find it plausible that lava from the earth's core or magma when cooled to become rock has the potential to contain residual elements of the 'energy' that created it. (Much like an ice cube is simply water in a frozen form. Dirty water = dirty ice.)

Not trying to sell you on my account but rather answer your question.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
So an physical object can absorb energy?

I'm not sure if an inanimate object can absorb energy. But I find it plausible that lava from the earth's core or magma when cooled to become rock has the potential to contain residual elements of the 'energy' that created it. (Much like an ice cube is simply water in a frozen form. Dirty water = dirty ice.)

Not trying to sell you on my account but rather answer your question.

Yeah many hauntings have moving water,quartz,iron (magnetite) deposits near them.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
NVM, delete this please.
edit on 21-10-2014 by bisseharte because: Requesting a mod to delete this post.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join