It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seismic Activity Graph is Lighting up 3-22-11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I just thought I would show you folks the seismic activity that is going on today. When I looked at this morning around 4 am all was calm. Barely any activity at all. Now if you look at the link, you will see the whole thing is going pretty crazy like the photo below. This is just the top clip from the link. Some are actually showing much stronger activity.

The day the big quake hit Japan they were all pretty much blacked out like someone rang a bell in inner earth. I have no idea if anything is brewing or if we should be concerned, but I thought I would give a heads up anyway as it came pretty alive in less then 12 hours.

See the whole graph HERE

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
One other thing I would like to note is the fact that I follow this pretty much everyday and made a big point of watching it during our supermoon to see if it had any influence on it. Those days it stayed pretty calm except for a couple graphs covering Russia, and Japan. Even then they weren't really off the charts or anything. So not sure that the moon is causing this

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I have noticed the same thing and have been waiting on someone to notice on ATS so I could chime in. ;-) SO....thank you for noticing as well. What is your take on the two in the Southern Mid Atlantic Region? I have been looking at our seismic activity since the Arkansas swarm began...We are definitely seeing an increase of activity in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I've been watching both the USGS and IRIS websites for the last few days and have noticed that they are unusually quiet today....not a whole lot going on and I have been wondering if this is the "Quiet before the storm".

This seems unusual, but I am no expert

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
WHAT THE HELL is this??

Data from station LSA (Lhasa, Tibet, China)

See those ELF waves???
edit on 22-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh boy!

This doesn't look good at all.

MamaJ, did you see a similar pattern with the Arkansas swarm?

Paging westcoast, TrueAmerican and Puterman! Any thoughts?

Peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Can somebody explain to me why there are ELF waves in the image i posted??

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I was just wondering if there might be a way to triangulate the magnitude of the earthquakes with the depth to possibly make a rough type of estimate for future earthquakes?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This Thread seems eerily related.

Second line

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Also check this one out!

ELF Waves anybody?

Data from station BBSR (Bermuda)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
ANOTHER one!

RUSSIA

What is going on?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Maybe HAARP is in full mode.... wow! just look at those ELF/VLF waves

edit on 22-3-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I have noticed the same thing and have been waiting on someone to notice on ATS so I could chime in. ;-) SO....thank you for noticing as well. What is your take on the two in the Southern Mid Atlantic Region? I have been looking at our seismic activity since the Arkansas swarm began...We are definitely seeing an increase of activity in my opinion.

Thanks for responding and Im glad Im not the only one that watches! It is hard for me to comment with any type of expertise, because I really dont have the knowledge about what Im looking at as far as the science of it goes.

I try to look at it more from what I know is going on in the world or in certain areas to see if they coincide. That is why I mentioned that I was following it during the recent full moon to see what it did. As I mentioned, it was quiet then which I have to say surprised me a bit. I thought the pull and tug would have made it a bit more active.Then again like I said, Im hardly a rocket scientist when it comes to this. I am more instinctive about it.

I am very curious as to why it is so active today though when it was so quiet only hours ago. Now Im trying to see if any of it correlates with the thunder noise people have been reporting.

I wish the graph from Missouri was working as I feel that might give a better clue about that particular area, but that has been down for a long time, lol which also makes me wonder. lol Iv'e been on ATS to long.

I guess Im in a wait and see what we hear soon of anything that may happen in the next few hours or so. That or some of the house experts show up and give us a better idea.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
Looks like HAARP is in full mode.... wow! look at those ELF/VLF waves

That's what I was thinking! I'm a skeptic of HAARP, but now I'm starting to lean the other way, after seeing this...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

What do you mean, quiet?
There have been four 6+ quakes today.
The activity in Japan is also coming quicker now.
And seeing that the ones at the south Mid atlantic rift are the antipode of the Japan region.....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PureET

Cant say I like the looks of these. Someone with some knowledge in this field please step up.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

There have been four 6+ quakes today.

Would that make all the Seismograms go off the charts?

link   
Ive got friends around the world, in various zones, is it too early to warn them all to take extra care?

link   
Quiet as in they are quakes are mostly centered in Honoshu.

Over the last few days, there has been a large number of (albiet smaller) quakes in numerous areas. Average I would say 8-10. Today, there are only 4 regions.

That's what I mean by "Quiet"

Apologies for any confusion.

link   
There were a series of 6+ aftershocks from the Japan earthquake beginning at 07:18 with much activity at 5.5+. There was also a 6.0 on the mid-Atlantic ridge.

It would appear that the activity coincides with that activity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join