It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pratchett Gives Thumbs Up to Discworld Cop Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

One of the most unique fantasy worlds around is about to get a big infusion of new stories. Sir Terry Pratchett has signed an agreement with TV production company, Prime Focus, to create a Discworld TV show, based on the adventures of Ankh-Morpork's City Watch. Pratchett's Discworld books have inspired a number of spinoffs, including miniseries and videogames, but this will be their first time as an ongoing TV show.

LINK

Great news for all Discworld/City Watch fans! Personally can't wait for this

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
That would be great..
I'm a bit of a fan of Terry.. Kinda been following what he's done for years..

I once played a PC based game where Rincewind was followed around by a box on legs.. I loved playing it..never completed it and have spent years trying to find a copy.. It seems it is very rare..

as for a series.. can't wait..

wish they'd do a complete set of films of all his books.. incredible imagination and comedy mixed together in a world of fantasy

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
YAY! graet.
I can not wait.
I hope the first one is guards guards from the book.
but the book is all ways the best.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
YAY! graet.
I can not wait.
I hope the first one is guards guards from the book.
but the book is all ways the best.

Reading the article, it seems they'll be new stories specifically for the series. Which if they get the right writers involved, should be better as the main humour in the books is Terry''s narrative. Will be interesting to see who they cast as well. Can't wait!

top topics

join