It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sunken Continent of the Tamil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+173 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The Tamil people live in the southern part of India, Sri Lanka and Indonesia. Their Dravidian Language is spoken in those places and variations thereof can be found as far up as Pakistan and Nepal as well as Singapore, Malaysia and even Madagascar. I mention this because it confirms the Tamils beliefs that they come from a now sunken continent from which their ancestors fled to India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Madagascar. In ancient Tamil accounts this sunken Continent is referred to a variety of names but today it is called "Kumari Kandam":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f9e1963cf41.png[/atsimg]

Of course this neatly agrees with all other ancient sources elsewhere saying that there was a massive flood that submerged all the land - an idea that modern academia totally rejects. And guess what? The first people of Madagascar are not Africans or Arabs, as the vicinity would suggest, but Austronesians, as depicted by this image of Madagascarian Pre-History:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9dd99921af2f.png[/atsimg]

By lucky coincidence I found this map looking up the prehistory of Madagascar and was astonished how it ties in to Tamil Mythology showing Madascar being the outer tip of an area.

A Dictionary Project of the Government of Tamil Nadu (the Government of South India) published the following Timeline for the History of the Tamil people:

200 000 to 50 000 BC: Evolution of the Tamil and their Language
50 000 BC: Kumari Kandam Civilization
16 000 BC: Kumari Kandam Submerged
6087 BC: Second Tamil Kingdom established
1780 BC: Third Tamil Kingdom established

Scientists have acknowledged that the language, the people, the culture and the literature are some of the oldest to be found on earth - anywhere. A Wikipedia snippet says:

Tamil Nadu's history dates back to pre-historic times. Archaeological evidence points to this area being one of the longest continuous habitations in India. In Adichanallur, 24 km (15 mi) from Tirunelveli, archaeologists from the Archaeological Survey of India unearthed 169 clay urns containing human skulls, skeletons and bones, plus husks and grains of rice, charred rice and Neolithic celts, giving evidence confirming them to be of the Neolithic period, 3800 years ago

Scientists have acutally uncovered a large amount of giant eggs and skeletons of Sauropods (huge Reptilian Dinosaurs) in the area. I mention this because some of the sangam (the oldest Tamil literature, most of which is lost) mentions Reptilian-like beings living alongside humans.

Ancient Tamil literature may also be among the earliest to mention flying chariots, a concept later discovered in other cultures and religious texts:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f45f6a7cbf22.jpg[/atsimg]

Tamil researchers seem to have discovered that their language went through a De-Evolution rather than an Evolution. They refer to the language as it was thousands of years ago to the "golden age" of their language. This would seem to confirm the idea of an advanced civilization in pre-history.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63357150c7aa.png[/atsimg]

Tamil Nadu is also the home of Jainism a Religion that is of unknown and mysterious origins of which some rumor it was carried down from the pre-flood days. This image depicts the rather advanced looking Cosmology of Jainism:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e965a5af624.jpg[/atsimg]

Western Academics have been harsh in trying to debunk the Tamils history. One reason for this must be that it does not match western views of History. Another is of course that after such a long time evidence supporting it is hard to come by. However, once in awhile evidence comes along that makes you scratch your head and ask: "What if...?". One such pieces of evidence is known as Adams Bridge:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f07e6d0c458b.jpg[/atsimg]

Geological evidence suggests that this bridge is a former land connection between India and Sri Lanka

It confirms Tamil legends about the area being above water in ancient times. But not only that, the Bridge also confirms Hindu legends:

he bridge was first mentioned in the ancient Sanskrit epic Ramayana of Valmiki.

The name Rama's Bridge or Rama Setu (Sanskrit; setu: bridge) was given to this bridge of shoals in Rameshwaram, as Hindu legend identifies it with the bridge built by the Vanara (monkey-men) army of Rama , which he used to reach Lanka and rescue his wife Sita from the Rakshasa king, Ravana, as stated in the Sanskrit epic Ramayana.[6]

But thats not all. The Bridge was even mentioned in ancient Islamic legend as having to do with Adam (yes, Adam as in the biblical first human):

referring to an Islamic legend, according to which Adam used the bridge to reach Adam's Peak in Sri Lanka, where he stood repentant on one foot for 1,000 years, leaving a large hollow mark resembling a footprint. Both the peak and the bridge are named after this legend

Geological Survey of India (GSI) carried out a special programme called “Project Rameswaram” that concluded that age data of corals indicate that the Rameswaram island has evolved since 125,000 years ago.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/651b2a654520.jpg[/atsimg]

Archaeologists have found evidence of human settlements in Sri Lanka ranging back an incredible 500 000 years (or, according to more conservative estimates 125 000 years). There is evidence of modern human man residing in Sri Lanka as far back as 34 000 BC.

Sri Lanka also features subterranean cave systems which inhabited people. Evidence was found for human habitation in complex cave and underground tunnels as far back as 2700 BC. Buddhists, who arrived later, turned these habitations into Temples:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb894d13b00e.jpg[/atsimg]

I mention this because just like the pre-flood and post-flood myths from China, South America and the Middle East, Hindu Mythology, Tamil Mythology and Sri Lankan Mythology mention subterranean dwellers, as well as Giants that lived in pre-flood times. Mahasona is the name of an ancient Sinhalese (Sri Lankan) Giant who later become a demon in folklore.

Finally, what Tamil Nadu is best known for are the most ancient "skyscrapers" in the world. Believe it or not, there are more than 33000 !) of these scattered across the land and some of them are thousands of years old. What even more ancient ideas where they based on?

Finally, if you are still smirking about tales of sunken cities and lost civilizations, read this BBC article:

9000 year old sunken city found off the coast of India

I would appreciate help in the process of gathering more information and facts about the Tamil, about Sri Lanka, about their sunken cities and lost civilizations and about their mythology.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

S & F
Another bit of our possible lost past from the Ice Age melt off

The following animation is from Part- 3 of my Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1 and Part-2 series.

Watch the various coast lines grow and recede while the oceans rise fall over the last 200,000 years.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46dbdd5dafd9.gif[/atsimg]
edit on 21-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You've impressed me yet again, Sky!

And, you've educated me yet again, Sky!

You're getting a good track record with me lol

I know more about Atlantean mythology than Lemurian, but it's a subject that has always fascinated me and made me want to know more. Definitely helped me out with that!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Your map is a great argument for pole shift flooding ancient civilization.
Notice that the last so called ice age was centered over canada.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Very impressive thread,

I will look through these links and do some research, I found alot of interesting info on Lemuria in the below links.
Have you seen these?

They talk numerous times about atlantis and lemuria. and the information is astonishingly accurate.
Cassiopaean transcripts (Here) and Ra Material (HERE)

And also on this popular video KYMATICA They talk about the flooding, how the water came from a passing astral body where earths gravity sucked the ice off it. Interesting stuff.

Have a look and tell me what you think, you may spend some time reading through this i warn you its a long read but incredibly insitful if you have the pateints. It blew me away. try start with the video and keep an open mind..
edit on 21-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: rephrase.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by uselesshobo

Great vid....a should watch imoo ...thanks and peace ps op good post thanks ..I think if we were to take our present oceans and lower them by about 250 feet we migh get a better idea how earth was in the past ..I would imagine that saling the oceans would have been much diffrent as well ..The electric universe has a vid about the acient sky that suggest that it might have been saturn where the extra water might have came from ...good post S&F ...peace

edit on 21-3-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I love this thread
Next to the UA forum Ancient Civilizations is my favorite. Between you and Slayer I have plenty to read lol

I always love it when I check my friends threads and see you have a new one.

I haven't really read all that much about Tamil before. It sounds like a very cool and interesting place. Those buildings are amazing! How did they make those?!

I have read a little about Tamil here and there but nothing in depth. I would love to know more about the buildings or skyscrapers as you called them. Those are amazing to say the least.

If I find anything I can add I will

Thanks for another awesome thread!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Japanese linguist Susumo Ono argued that Tamil and Japanese are both related languages (in contrast to mainstream, which views Japanese as a language isolate). Ryukyuan is closely related to Japanese, and the famous underwater Yonaguni ruins were found off the coast of Yonaguni Island in the Ryukyu Islands. It doesn't end there. Japan is home to the oldest discovered pottery, 15,000 years old. Japan's indigenous people are the Ainu, who belong to Y-haplogroup D2. The only places outside of Japan where Y-haplogroup D2 is common are Tibet and the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean. There is also the indigenous peoples of Taiwan (collectively known as Taiwanese aborigines) who are recognized as being of Austronesian origins. Taiwan is very close to Yonaguni Island where the Yonaguni ruins were found. "Malayo-Polynesian" is one giant language family. Maybe Japanese is also part of that. If you look at a map there is a set of islands between the Philippines and Taiwan and a set of islands (Ryukyu, of course) between Taiwan and Japan. The theory behind the settlement of Polynesia is that they migrated on small boats from island to island. Yet they ignore how easy using this method of travel it would be to depart from the Philippines and arrive in Japan. anyway that is just some interesting things I thought would add to this discussion.

arutkural.tripod.com...

edit on 21-3-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is a very good thread i just love reading about this kind of stuff and the pics are amazeing you have me wanting to do some research on this subject now..I always wondered how these civilisations just vanished S&F

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
no problem with this and

not a lot to add.

s+f!

didn't know any of this.

well, i did hear some of this.

i'm open, the monkey men, war and the bridge.

wow! it could be if we stop the stupid metaphorical interpretations of texts!
edit on 22-3-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

WOW

Just WOW

Incredible does not quite cover this..

I will definitely be doing some reading on this...

Question: Could this be tied into Atlantis?

Thank you

Semper

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

According to legend Lemuria existed some thousands of years prior to Atlantis, There has been no eveidence that I have come accross linking the two as of yet.

The best sources I have of this information are in the two links I have posted above. But your definately in for alot of reading If you wanna get to the bottom of it... Good Luck. Took me 6 months.

This information mostly talks about Atlantis but there is fair mention of the Cataclysmic event that caused the down fall of both Atlantis and Lemuria relating to a body of water being transfered via two planetary entities in our solar system, (either be Maldek, Venus or a passing commet)

The theories presented in the above information is amazing though and i do reckomend the read strongly.

edit on 22-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Watch the various coast lines grow and recede while the oceans rise fall over the last 200,000 years.

Ive never seen that before, thanks for educating me to a new view of disappearing land and floods. I check out most of your threads but I missed part two.

What is clear by now that Plato is not the only source of Sunken-Continent stories.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Question: Could this be tied into Atlantis?

Originally posted by Jomina
I know more about Atlantean mythology than Lemurian, but it's a subject that has always fascinated me and made me want to know more. Definitely helped me out with that!

I see it this way. All ancient cultures on all continents have similar stories about a huge flood that swallowed mountains, destroyed cities and left only a few survivors. South America, Native North America, Australia, the Pacific, India, Russia, Europe, Mid East...they ALL have these legends. And they call the land that sunk in their area by different names. In Europe they called it Atlantis. In the pacific Lemuria. And in India they call the land that sunk Kumari Kandam. To me, its all the same story told from different viewpoints.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio
Japanese linguist Susumo Ono argued that Tamil and Japanese are both related languages (in contrast to mainstream, which views Japanese as a language isolate).

Thats new information to me. Very interesting. And it might tie in to this:

Mr. Joseph has also established that the Mohenjodaro letters of Eastern Islands are nearly 1,00,000 years old. He has critically examined the views of various scholars and established the source of Mohenjodaro letters as well as the ancient civilization of Moo and has written that due to natural calamities, the island of Moo was destroyed about 2.5 lakh years ago. Eastern Island, 1,000 miles near Japan, has a script called Rongo Rongo and it is identical with Mohenjodaro letters. This has been fixed as 1,00,000 years old. From the Island of Moo called Lemuria, which was located near Indonesia about 2.5 lakhs years ago, people regularly moved out to Atlantis in Mexican Sea and Kumari Kandam in South Tamil Nadu, about 1,00,000 years ago due to tsunami. These letters are the script of Moo civilization, which was well developed.

Article

And yes, I agree that the submerged Yonaguni structures between Korea and Japan are artificial.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

In 1858, Sclater published a paper in the Proceedings of the Linnean Society, setting up six zoological regions which he called the Palaearctic, Aethiopian, Indian, Australasian, Nearctic and Neotropical. These zoogeographic regions are still in use. He also developed the theory of Lemuria during 1864 to explain zoological coincidences relating Madagascar to India.

Philip Sclater

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Nice post. 'Tamil' is a very old language. The oldest literature available is dated back to atleast 300BC. The people speaking this language are very proud of this heritage. The proponents of the Lemuria - Tamil hypothesis fall in this category. So this must be taken with a pinch of salt. According to literature, the lands south of the present tip of indian subcontinent sunk under the ocean not once, but twice. The Tamil kings kept moving their capital further north and finally settled in present day 'Madurai' in south India. No archeological evidence has been discovered in the Indian ocean to back this till now, though I must add that no serious effort has been put to find out. In my opinion, the Adams bridge only provides evidence of post flood construction in the 'Ramayana' timeframe.

Another interesting info about the 'Tamil language' from a totally unexpected place.

The Pleiades is an open star cluster consisting of 254 stars and many times that in planetary bodies. Many of the stars are very young. The Pleiades is located in the constellation of Taurus. The Pleiadian and Earth alphabets are both very similar. This was noted about 11,157 years ago. The script form was developed here on Earth and carried back to the seven sisters. The original script form is the parent of most of our present day alphabets. All of Earths languages are derived from a ancient Pre-Sumerian language called Tamil which was spoken in Lyra and latter in the Pleaides.

I must admit that the pronounciation of the last syllable 'il' of the word 'Tamil' is very unique to Tamil and so the language mentioned in the Alex Collier material might be different. But the interesting thing about this is 'Pleiades'.
The most favourite God of Tamil people is Murugan. One of his names is 'Karthikeya' - One who was raised by the 6 Krittika devis (The six stars in pleiades represented in goddess form). He is the eternal youth and provider of the supreme wisdom and also destroyer of evil demons. According to the belief of Tamils he is supposed to have codified the 'Tamil language' in the Tamil kingdom that existed long before the first flood.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Timetraveller because: Fixing grammatical errors, added points about Adam's bridge.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Just one thing with your animation and I'm not starting on ya or anything, but I'm Australian and we have always been taught that the middle of it was an inland sea at one stage, do you think the Animation missed that? or do you think it was before 200 000 years ago, just asking?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Also awesome thread this lemuria and atlantis really interest me. I think it is a pity that we have somewhere along the line lost alot of our histories. Imagine the things we could have learnt. Do the Tamils have any special Magics or rituals? Are the Tamil Tigers anything to do with this.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by uselesshobo

Have a look and tell me what you think, you may spend some time reading through this i warn you its a long read but incredibly insitful if you have the pateints. It blew me away. try start with the video and keep an open mind..

Im somewhat familiar with channeled material, which is useful for inspiration and as an initiator for research. But I wouldnt use it to build a case because it is not conducive to building a bridge between skeptics and alternative-history-buffs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join