It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could CERN have caused the Japan earthquake?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

People are dying and you're warning people they'll “sound silly”.

In all honesty though, mankind needs to stop playing god. If we keep creating atom bombs, nuclear bombs, missiles, and whatever else mankind has made we are going to kill ourselves.

That is the truth. And the LHC may be “doing natural things”, but earthquakes ARE natural, so the LHC should be scrapped. Nobody apart from creepy scientists cares about how particles are made, and we sure as hell don't care how atoms can be used to create weapons of mass destruction.

Seriously, stop trying to play god. We are humans.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nevercominghome
reply to post by Shamatt

People are dying and you're warning people they'll “sound silly”.

Logic being thrown out the window wont stop people from dying. As a matter in fact the only way to stop people from dying in earthquakes is to analyse them and discover ways to build structures that are safer but of course that involves creepy scientists playing god and doing a lot of things that you don't care about.

In all honesty though, mankind needs to stop playing god. If we keep creating atom bombs, nuclear bombs, missiles, and whatever else mankind has made we are going to kill ourselves.

Actually many of things mankind has made saves lives. I agree that mankind should stop making weapons and declare wars on each other completely. That's a different subject though, CERN is not building weapons.

But science didn't invent wars. No one ever went to war because of the collision of particles. They go to war all the time because of a belief in a God though.

That is the truth.

The truth isn't something that is said, it is something that is proved. Prove that CERN causes earthquakes.

And the LHC may be “doing natural things”, but earthquakes ARE natural, so the LHC should be scrapped.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Nobody apart from creepy scientists cares about how particles are made, and we sure as hell don't care how atoms can be used to create weapons of mass destruction.

The computer in front of you exists because creepy scientists did a lot of things no one cares about.

Seriously, stop trying to play god. We are humans.

Seriously... stop trying to impose religion on people.

Earthquakes have always existed. Even before CERN. Even before science. If you have proof that CERN caused this one please tell us - it would be very important to know. If you're just saying it because you don't have any understanding of what CERN does and what earthquakes are... look... people are dying, stop saying silly things.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
And why the hell does the poster above me have a picture if a tigers ass? Surely that's against the TOS!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nevercominghome
And why the hell does the poster above me have a picture if a tigers ass? Surely that's against the TOS!

For the record it is a cheetah. And if you really are questioning my intentions behind my avatar as an argument on how CERN caused Japan's earthquake let me clear my avatar out... you should know that it is a very known photograph from national geographic because the animal was staring back at the photographer. The fact that the photographer was taking the picture while the wild feline was walking away... who can blame him?

Anyways...I don't see how that is on topic though.

Back to topic... aside from your insults and obvious rage on my person and avatar I really do think that accusing CERN of being responsible for Japan's earthquake deserves an explanation. I'm not mentioning this to upset you in any way. I just think that "You and your tiger are ignorant", isn't the best argument on how CERN is responsible for earthquakes.

The reason why I think it deserves an explanation is because Japan's earthquake was an extreme tragedy - we all know it. Stating CERN was responsible demands proof, I think. I'm sorry if challenging your idea on it made you hate my behind, even hate my avatar's behind. It really was not my intention - we're here to learn and share theories, not to say things without expecting debate. .

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Blimey!!! Look at all those deleted posts, I seem to have missed all the fun! lol

I think that it is obvious that CERN did not cause any earthquake. Coliding particles at high speed can not cause this, very strong electromagnets can not cause this - there has been a colider running in the US for many years, did it cause many earthquakes?

I do like speculation and debate - so please let us have some evidence to debate. Speculation without logic is sounding silly IMHO. Now, would anyone like to see by bottom>

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by be4peace

I have read many articles about the LHC and its astounding (to me) that we as people are so gullible into believing and hanging on every word our Scientists and Government say! I have a passion for Science and Theology..... so let me be clear that as I welcome advancing knowledge I do not welcome the potential for extinction of the human race and potentially harming the Earth.

** I think there needs to be more evidence that it is indeed safe.**

WE as HUMANS are not know it alls! Sorry I don't have a link to back that statement up! Its a sad day when people are OK with taking a chance on human extinction. VERY SAD!

For the ones who say prove it.....well....back at ya! Prove the outcome of this awesome LHC and stop being so naive!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Play with fire and ya might get burnt! The thirst for knowledge and curiosity does seem like a human trait and the story of "knowledge" seems to go back as far as the Big Book takes us (Genesis for those of you who do not read the Bible), however it should be controlled and limited (for safety and reproducing without immediate death) as we do with our children!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

"Know the subject", "You sound silly", and then you cry out for a link??????? Where is your proof? Where is your link for the statements you have made already in regards to this subject?

I want to see proof that it does not cause an Earth Disturbance in the electromagnetic field nor disturb the crust! I want to see proof that we know all about black holes and dark energy all of a sudden!

You are the one that sounds silly, no more like naive! Read about this subject for days and do your own investigation and then come back with something more knowledgeable!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
No. Plate techtonics caused the quakes. One can find, if they need conspiracy to make their life whole, any number of things that they can write about convincingly to blame any natural disature on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
No. Plate techtonics caused the quakes. One can find, if they need conspiracy to make their life whole, any number of things that they can write about convincingly to blame any natural disature on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

WHAT causes the plates to shift??? I will answer it for you...Convection Currents in the Mantle. Does this LHC have anything to do with energy? Could it disrupt the energy within the core of the Earth....I could go on and on with questions!

Generating unknown energy and dark energy from LHC is not a good idea. What do we know about the 3% of missing particles in these types of experiments? What are they and where do they go? Do we know? There are too many questions from not just people like me who have no degree within this field, but the ones that do and believe me.....they have good arguments that are not even entertained!

On a side note.. the Gravity law may be incorrect, and everything else for that matter.

What happens if the LHC malfunctions and to what degree could it malfunction? There are so many questions that have been unanswered.....I want answers for my life, my kids, the Earths, and the human race...

Another one..... Since when did we become an expert on not only producing black holes but black holes in general??

Check these out....if you want to ;-)

www.lhcfacts.org...

www.shareutubevideo.com...

www.lhcdefense.org...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

And what conspiracy lies here? What are you talking about? It sounds like a bunch of gibberish to me..you want to play Russian roulette....go for it. NOT ME! No one in the Expert Community in regards to this subject denies there is a risk. The risk is human extinction if not quickly but possibly over time. Its REAL as real can get!

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yes, technology is being used. The main purpose is to move Antarctica so it can be utilized in a more habitable space.
edit on 1232016 by AmbroseMachine because: Wrong button was pushed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join