It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange fish appear after Tsunami?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This is an old video, reporting strange fish seen after the tsunami on 26th December 2004

I wanted to know if anyone else has heard of anything like this? Or if it is a known hoax.

I have looked around but can't seem to find any other reports.
IMO This seems to me like it could be true because a lot of the deep ocean is unexplored - some of these fish are likely known species, I wouldnt know - I'm no marine biologist.. so I thought I would see if there are any ATS experts that could shed some light on this.

Are there any reports of anything similar from this recent Japan Tsunami?
- I realised if there are they would likely be drowned out by the reports that deal with human life. By bringing this to peoples attention I hope to get clarification of it this is a known hoax/species and get people to keep their ears open for similar reports.

edit on 19-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Either hoax, or those aren't actually fish they found after the tsunami, but instead fish species found through deep sea exploring or fisherman who found those in the middle of the ocean. Like you said, that is the only video of it,

Could be real though, who knows.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Do the deep sea fish get a boost from the tsunami and get washed ashore?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

That looks to me to be a young caeliocanth. May be wrong but I would be confident to put a small bet on it

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think my ex girlfriend was in that video.... wierd...

Although I do see it being possible for ocean creatures to be stirred around during a tsunami, I find it odd that is the only video of it. Cool video of some neat fish non the less!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
apparently this is common for these deep sea fish to get washed up after an earthquake... there doesn't necessarily need to be a tsunami for this to happen
strange fish after earthquake

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaia.chi.au
apparently this is common for these deep sea fish to get washed up after an earthquake... there doesn't necessarily need to be a tsunami for this to happen
strange fish after earthquake

Star! Thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It is a bit sad to think Japan will focused on hoax fish stories at a time like this. While I have not seen the species in the video before, I have seen similar type fish from deep sea explorations. As for why, perhaps these where the fish that got caught up in the current that formed as it is deep in the sea where the tsunami started. They may have tried to escape but it was just too powerful.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Nothing really bizarre about it. I doubt those old videos are real though, still it's possible.

They're not fake species, they're simply the stuff of nightmares that inhabits the darkness of the void we call the 'deep sea'.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
They are real true to form fish species all of which are know to science. To me this video is just a mash up from various scources.Made by someone with a creative mind as far as the supposed backgroud storty .One of those type that likes crytozoology mysteries .

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think this is just one of those deep sea bottom feeders (the huge eyes give it away) and I've seen weirder on sea life documentaries. You won't get them in many Western fish markets and most trawlers probably throw them overboard for the seagulls but there's one that lives in the deep Atlantic, I forget the name but looks a bit like a scrawny deformed haddock, they use in France for school meals and fish soups. I saw TV chef Rick Stein from UK talking about them once.

top topics

join