It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check this out !!! UFO sighting in Dubai, Mar 19, 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWontBelieveU
Agreed, and wow the first reply starts with a 1 sentence attempt to debunk the video/thread, really?

He didn't try to debunk. He just stated that this is a poor video to even investigate.
That's not debunking. Debunking is claiming it's lanterns backed with some lantern facts.

And please don't put The Galactic Craptic Federation of Light videos.

That BS failed in October of 2008.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

No worries, and I'm wondering the same thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

All you just did is spew YOUR opinion all over the table, now clean it up! That's right I said clean it up, see I can make useless demands too ...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWontBelieveU
All you just did is spew YOUR opinion all over the table, now clean it up! That's right I said clean it up, see I can make useless demands too ...

It wasn't all opinion.

FACT:

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
"He didn't try to debunk. He just stated that this is a poor video to even investigate."

OPINION:

"And please don't put The Galactic Craptic Federation of Light videos."

FACT:

That BS failed in October of 2008.

Not my table, not my problem. Try ignoring. But hey that's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

He didn't try to debunk. He just stated that this is a poor video to even investigate.

Except for the fact that we have the contact details for two witnesses (which took about 30 seconds to find...) - so we aren't limited to just the video.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Except for the fact that we have the contact details for two witnesses (which took about 30 seconds to find...) - so we aren't limited to just the video.

All the best,

Isaac

That wasn't the issue. TheyWontBelieveU claimed 1st reply was trying to debunk. He was not.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

TheyWontBelieveU claimed 1st reply was trying to debunk. He was not.

That depends on your understanding of the word "debunk".

Many people, particularly skeptics, consider that it has positive connotations e.g. to establish that something is bunk. Thus, debunkers are the good guys.

However, quite a few people on conspiracy forums (mainly on the believer side) use the word "debunker" to refer to someone that simply dismisses evidence without properly considering it. Thus, debunkers are the bad guys.

Most debates over whether someone is a "debunker" ignore this rather fundamental semantic difference...

It can result in some amusing exchanges when a skeptic is accussed of being a "debunker" by a believer and the skeptic takes it as a compliment due to his perception/defintion of the term as having positive connotations.

This sort of sloppy use of language often results in the sloppy thinking that abounds on conspiracy forums.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
ok gang, look here. this video is as good/bad as any ufo vid anywhere. with the state of computer technology today, literally ANY video could be cgi. with each and every ufo video that shows up in this forum we get the exact same arguments. the spectrum goes from "too blurry, could be anything" to "too clear, obviously hoax". with these rules in place, the debate of whether or not it's even a real video is useless. even if it were possible to determine that, then we spend 30 or 40 pages beating each other up over plane vs helicopter vs flare and so on. i happen to fully believe that there are non humans visiting earth and that there are many videos showing this. i guess in the end it's important that we at least get to see the footage, but the passion with which folks attack and defend it is tiresome.

Totally agree (and didn't even realize it was you until I had already decided to respond to your post, weird). As I see it, unless there are witnesses who have been interrogated in some kind of investigation of a sighting, there is really no way to tell a good enough fake from a genuine video. There could very well be a bunch of real UFO videos on YouTube and we would never know it. One of the reasons I frequent this site is because any decent UFO vid will show up here, and I feel it's just a matter of time before we do get a really good one that does have the necessary backup.

That being said, I do wish that 90 percent of threads in this forum were not dedicated to questionable, mediocre videos and/or crazy stuff with little to no basis in fact. Why is there so little discussion about the actual UFO evidence? There is a sizable residue of unexplained, investigated, documented reports by credible observers (if you can bring yourself to concede that there is such a thing) stretching back almost 70 years, and nobody seems to be interested in talking about it. It's not so much about whether or not aliens are here. It's about, how do you explain that body of reports? Some people do explain it as being the result of a non-human intelligence of some kind, but many of those who don't buy that idea seem to just ignore the fact that these reports exist at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Radioactive geese from Japan!

Ko3

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_of_3NKi
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Radioactive geese from Japan!

Ko3

Mybad for got that one, Oh snapps

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
At the beginning the formation reminded me of the Phoenix lights but then they started darting about so it could not be one large object like the boomerang object over Phoenix.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Er yes, the Galactic Federation..dear oh dear...

A federation so cheap they need to use Chile's aviation training pilots footage as proof they exist. As far as I can remember everything in the video was proven to be either faked (the cross and the 3 lights flying together), natural phenomena ala cloud formations, the chile pilots as said which was 100% proved or in one case flares.

So, the good old federation is a bit of a cheap skate...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Doesnt anyone shoot with infared? I think that would give us more detail of the craft. But if I see another UFO thread with just lights , I aint even gonna open it. This is getting boring real fast.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

With regard to these triangular shaped vessels ~ the footage being too blurry or too clear is not the matter at hand! Folks the world over are filming the exact same type of vessels. I find it completely irrational to attempt to debunk the thousands of film clips of these exact same type of crafts. There is definitely evidence of triangular unidentified flying objects zooming around our Earth! People all over the World see them on a daily basis - both day and night! They are out there!

Now, what we need to focus on is finding out just what they are, not worrying about IF they are! Just my opinion however!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

People deny all kinds of things! Some people say the holocaust never occurred! Some people believe Academia when they state how long modern man has been around. The fact of the matter is that nobody will believe anything they are not willing and comfortable to believe! No matter how much evidence is there!

We have all been brought up to believe a crop of lies, from primary school clear through to today. Ask anyone who America's first President was and they will tell you George Washington, when, in fact, 10 Presidents served before him!!!

Evidence is wonderful and great, but you cannot force anyone to open their eyes if they don't want to! And you cannot get upset with anyone for sharing something they believe in their heart to be fact! Wouldn't you rather see all of the proposed evidence and draw your own conclusion, rather than possibly discourage someone from sharing because they believe they may be ridiculed? I know I would!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm not saying these are extraterrestrial crafts, but with as many UFO reports/videos we get it makes me ask one question.

Why does a far more advanced civilization, who by all appearances has the ability to traverse the cosmos in the blink of an eye, camp out in earth's atmosphere at night, with lights that come on for a couple seconds and then go out? I would imagine they don't really need these lights. It seems like they'd have a technology to see in the dark, I mean we have night vision goggles. It's almost like they want to be seen. Maybe they're just punking us. It's probably just televised entertainment or something.

Think about what kind of shows aliens would watch. They've probably got shows where they abduct humans just for grins and giggles, perform anal probing, and then put them back in their houses with a couple hours of missing time.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
I'm not impressed with random lights in the night sky. Quite frankly, I cannot stand these types of "UFO" threads being made.

i wounder why you are the first poster to this thread
i wounder if these threads upset you so much why post on them
ats allows ANY video that is interesting to be posted
i study these "lights" in the sky
and i really enjoy the feild of study
your comment is only intended to derail the thread and i suspect that is the point
i respectfully ask you to keep your self from posting this type of responce as it adds
nothing to the thread and may prevent someone in the future from posting
"smoking gun" evidence because of fear of ridacule from closed minded people trying to defend their
pre priscribed beleifs

the lights are very interesting in this video
the same red lights have been seen world wide recently
the smaller white lights look like they are "following" the red lights
i suspect this is a good sighting and the white lights are "ours"
and the red lights are not "ours"

good find star and flag
xploder

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Thanx Xploder, always good to read from you !!!
Thanx, VV6

I just added my ufo sighting as my avatar, Fireball

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelangelo
I'm not saying these are extraterrestrial crafts, but with as many UFO reports/videos we get it makes me ask one question.

Why does a far more advanced civilization, who by all appearances has the ability to traverse the cosmos in the blink of an eye, camp out in earth's atmosphere at night, with lights that come on for a couple seconds and then go out? I would imagine they don't really need these lights. It seems like they'd have a technology to see in the dark, I mean we have night vision goggles. It's almost like they want to be seen. Maybe they're just punking us. It's probably just televised entertainment or something.

Think about what kind of shows aliens would watch. They've probably got shows where they abduct humans just for grins and giggles, perform anal probing, and then put them back in their houses with a couple hours of missing time.

It's like a dog sitting through a course in quantum physics. He can see the guy standing up front writing on the blackboard, and he can hear the man talking, but the content of what is actually going on and the reasons for it are beyond the dog's ability to comprehend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join