It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Anonymous' Secret War Room (Really?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Name one significant thing Anon has done? Sounds like a spat on a tween chat to me. It is just a distraction to appease the slaves on the plantation so they won't rise up so they think here is someone working for their freedom. So they don't have to do it themselves.

if they are for real when they take down the IRS then they will have some credibility.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Excuse me but I just had to take a minute to quit laughing at the idea of Anonymous being "unpatriotic". Is this because they've dared to criticize AMERICAN companies?

Dissent IS patriotic!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You can do the research for yourself. You're an adult after all.

You know what happens to people who criticize Anonymous? Just ask Fred Phelps and his inbred clan.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Name one significant thing Anon has done? Sounds like a spat on a tween chat to me. It is just a distraction to appease the slaves on the plantation so they won't rise up so they think here is someone working for their freedom. So they don't have to do it themselves.

if they are for real when they take down the IRS then they will have some credibility.

Seriously? Learn to read the news. Learn to use the search feature. Find out what happened to HBGary. That is just ONE of the signifigant things Anonymous has done. Sounds like instead of denying ignorance, you are bathing in it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Some additional information

A hacker startup calling itself Backtrace Security–made up of individuals who formerly counted themselves as part of Anonymous’ loose digital collective–announced plans Friday to publish identifying information on a handful of active members of Anonymous. According to one source within the Backtrace group, it will release the names and instant messaging logs of dozens of Anonymous hackers who took part in attacks on PayPal, Mastercard, the security firm HBGary, Westboro Baptist Church, and the Marine officials responsible for the detainment of WikiLeaks source Bradley Manning.

src

Looks like cracks in the foundation. You gotta admire a guy with the handle 'Hubris' who not only is about to out portions of Anonymous but also establish an infosec service specializing in "psychological operations". Classic.

Also from the same article

Backtrace has posted a triple-encrypted torrent file labeled “insurance”–a tip of the hat to WikiLeaks–on its website, BacktraceSecurity.com, and says it’s posting hundreds of links to copies on filesharing sites. Early next week the group plans to release the keys to unlock that file, which contains the names, pseudonyms, chat logs and methods of the Anonymous hackers. It’s a tactic, Hubris says, designed to cause “maximum fear and distress” for the individuals Backtrace is outing.

brill
edit on 19-3-2011 by brill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Sounds like Hubris is a kid himself.....instead of outing some script kiddies, why doesn't he actively hack the bankers and wall street scumbags have screwed us all over.

Oh ya, it is easier to be a kiss ass for the corporate world. If I was Hubris, I would be more worried about "outing" these members - your basically going to get them arrested, and if you plan on making a company I would be worried about one of those individuals paying you a visit.
edit on 19-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle

Seriously? Learn to read the news. Learn to use the search feature. Find out what happened to HBGary. That is just ONE of the signifigant things Anonymous has done. Sounds like instead of denying ignorance, you are bathing in it.

I have read of thier little supposed attacks and nothing significant has come from any of it. They were supposed to go after B of A last Monday B of A is just fine business as usual so what good is their supposed hacks? I'll ask again name something significant they have done that has help freedom and not harmed innocent hard working people like they did with pay-pal? And Paypal is just fine too business as usual.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I have read of thier little supposed attacks and nothing significant has come from any of it. They were supposed to go after B of A last Monday B of A is just fine business as usual so what good is their supposed hacks? I'll ask again name something significant they have done that has help freedom and not harmed innocent hard working people like they did with pay-pal? And Paypal is just fine too business as usual.

Sorry they didn't meet your expectations. Perhaps you could do better? HBGary had significance attached and the end result was an ex CEO. In addition there is a push for a congressional investigation with HBGary. The BoA documents/emails are further exposing these douchebags for what they are and obviously given what we have witnessed and their incredible stranglehold of power, it is extremely difficult to get them arrested yet alone investigated. It just so happens that there have been several BoA employees who, as a result of Anonymous actions, may come forward with additional information. It has to start somewhere and whistle blowing seems to be the only option. I say for all who hold this opinion either 1) if your unhappy with anonymous' results, please do a better job yourself of exposing illegal government and banking systems and 2)stop shooting the messenger. Ok we get it, anon is full of pre pubescent wannabees but the impact, when focused, has some merit. What have you done ?

brill

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle

A CEO losing his job and the resulting congressional investigation and hearings that are hopefully going to happen is business as usual?

released bank of america emails

Evidence of morgage fraud doesn't rank to high in your book either i see.

Got it, you want miracles. I'll work on my water in to wine trick for the next christmas party.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Vizzle because: running out of soap, i had ovar 9000 bars

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Looks like cracks in the foundation. You gotta admire a guy with the handle 'Hubris' who not only is about to out portions of Anonymous but also establish an infosec service specializing in "psychological operations". Classic.

I haven't decided if Hubris is legit or if this is more epic trolling going on of the media. It could go either way at this point. Neither one would surprise me though. Anon has lost some of its original non-direction when they started getting involved with politics.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Vizzle because: no ponies

top topics

<< 1   >>

join