It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Calls to Japan for Comcast Digital Voice Customers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
As a result of the tremendously tragic tsunami in Japan Comcast wants to ensure our customers have the means to keep in touch with their loved ones during this extremely difficult time.

Comcast is providing free calls to Japan for its Comcast Digital Voice® residential and business customers from:

•Midnight (0:00) of March 11, 2011 through
•Midnight of April 10, 2011
Customers who made calls to Japan since March 11, 2011, will receive a credit to cover their costs.*

•Credits and waived fees will be automatic, so no action is required.
•Comcast will cover fees for calls made to both landline and mobile phones.
Effective 4pm ET on 3/14/11, unbilled calls will appear on the customer's web bill as $0 rated transactions.

•The customer's web bills will show credits for billed calls to Japan by 3/18/2011.
•If calls to Japan have already been billed, a net credit will appear on their next statement as "Other Adjustment" in the voice section.

Customers with the Carefree Worldwide 300 Call Plan or the Carefree Asia 100 Call Plan who exceed their block of time will be charged $0/min for Japan calls during this time period.

Operator assisted international calls to Japan will be credited for both the usage as well as the operator fee.

Comcast will include billed to third number calls to Japan. Customer calls from another location but bills the call to their Comcast residential account.

More information at the link

This is wonderful news for those who are trying to reach their loved ones or friends in Japan, I have been a Comcast customer for years and have to say no matter what I think of them right now I am proud to be associated with them.

I haven't checked but hope other phone companies will follow.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this Aquarius. I have a sister in Japan...of course, she is stationed there with the Navy as a member of JAG, which means we argue all the time over issues of law, but I worry about her just the same.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Hope your sister in Japan is well and safe, after all she needs to be around for you to argue with.

This is a great service Comcast is providing for their subscribers, if anyone knows or has friends with Comcast Digital Voice I am sure they would let them use their phone, I sure would and will.

Thanks for posting my friend.
edit on 18-3-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

join