It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Charged With Murder in Pakistan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

American Charged With Murder in Pakistan

www.military.com

March 16, 2011
Deutsche Presse-Agentur
ISLAMABAD -- A Pakistani court on Wednesday charged a U.S. national on two counts of murder despite claims from Washington that the accused enjoyed diplomatic immunity.

Former special forces Soldier Raymond Davis, 36, was arrested in the eastern city of Lahore on Jan. 27 after allegedly shooting dead two motorcyclists in what he claimed was an act of self-defense.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Shadowy CIA Contract Employee and ex-special forces Soldier Raymond Davis has now been officially charged with two counts of murder and possessing an illegal weapon by the Pakistani Court after all bids by American Officials to convince Pakistan he has diplomatic immunity.

While the intrigues surrounding Davis’s mission that led to his gun battle on the streets are wide ranging and a cause for much concern amongst conspiracy theorists and those intently watching the machinations of the War on Terror, some might find solace or some victory that one can’t engage in murder willy-nilly and walk away scot-free thanks to something called Diplomatic Immunity.

Clearly Pakistan does not see his role with the American Embassy as properly credentialed and presented and the Davis case seems to represent a threshold of just how far allied governments can be pushed in the name of the almighty and omnipresent War on Terror.

Hopefully at trial accusations of Davis meeting with alleged Al Qaida operatives to provide them components of a ‘Dirty Bomb’ will be aired and gotten to the bottom of.

Many in America are losing patience for the unconstitutional and unconventional War on Terror being carried out by the Government here as those in Pakistan seem to be.

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Hummm, it would seem that he has been released.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yep, he was just released and charges dropped.. they called it blood money, which probably means that the last surviving widow accepted cash for death.
Remember the other widow "committed suicide"

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

He has been released! Apparently the families of the 2 men he killed do
not want to press charges. Gee I wonder why? Were they bribed?
Or threatened?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Probably both.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

Hummm, it would seem that he has been released.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks for posting that update! Interesting development to say the least.

Nice to see people staying on top of these kinds of things.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
Yep, he was just released and charges dropped.. they called it blood money, which probably means that the last surviving widow accepted cash for death.
Remember the other widow "committed suicide"

Thanks for sharing that. I had not heard one of the victims wives committed suicide. A sad example of how horribly murder can impact people.

I wonder what Davis knows that makes him worth so much to the U.S. Government that a brazen act of murder in broad day light becomes something that no one wants to hold him to account to?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Blood money??

The poor folks were probably forced and threatened to hush and accept $700,000 dollars. Will that money even end up in the right hands? Very unlikely!

Remember how a Pakistani student called Ml-Kansi killed 3 CIA agents in US?

Apparently US chased him up in pakistan with $$millions in bounty and brought him back to States injecting him to death.

Regarding the supplying of dirty bomb to Al-CIAda via CIA, some new agent probably got the job.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Im sorry, but did you misunderstand my sarcasm there?
the guys a spook, its easier to deal with one widow than two and both of them "suiciding" would be a bit tooooo obvious, dont ya think?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
By the way, it seems they had to wait for something major happening elsewhere to draw attention away from his case in Pakistan.
There were a LOT of pissed off people for what he did and even talks of the Paki Govt paying the widow whatever "blood money" that the US offered, just to keep the guy in jail for trial..
I guess that failed.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hope he gets hit by a truck!

In fact, there were 3 people killed in the incident and another, the wife of the third to die committed suicide.
The third person was hit by a speeding SUV driven by two white males going to the aid of Davis. Those two people turned back and were subsequently thought to have been whisked out of the country before they too could be arrested.

Still, highly embarrassing for the US and will no doubt have given the Pakistani police and intelligence guys the heads-up they needed that Davis and others were operating illegally outside of diplomatic protection. I'm sure they knew already but probably now have more information.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce

Im sorry, but did you misunderstand my sarcasm there?
the guys a spook, its easier to deal with one widow than two and both of them "suiciding" would be a bit tooooo obvious, dont ya think?

No I understood the implication. It's entirely possible the one widow was murdered, though there also seems to be a great amount of stigma attached to being a widowed woman in that part of the world.

Not to mention the overwhelming grief some people deeply in love are affected by when one spouse departs.

I certainly wouldn't rule out a staged suicide, my point simply being that these tragic violent occurences often lead to more death and sorrow as a result of the initial action, whether it's covering up a murder, revenge killings, vendettas, suicides etc.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Personally, i feel, that this case, signals a change of attitude in Pakistan.
Just the fact, that a person with supposed diplomatic immunity gets arrested at all is revealing.
I certainly believe that this signals a cooling of the Pakistani, American relations.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that the bereaved refused to press charges, means that justice will not be served.
One thing is clear though, this person cannot work operationally again, due to the fact that his face,is plastered all over the news.

edit on 16-3-2011 by HEREFORD 1969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Lol paid off! not surprised at all he should be behind bars typical of america

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What??? They accepted blood money??? I thought they were going to refused it because they wanted revenge or justice. What is this crap?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
What??? They accepted blood money??? I thought they were going to refused it because they wanted revenge or justice. What is this crap?

When you are dealing with the CIA and the Paki counterpart, you either take the money or the take you..
Yea thats probably a bit over-dramatic but also probably not far from the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
About time someone exposes the U.S for there impurities.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

A CIA contractor who killed two Pakistani men was released from jail Wednesday after $1.4 million in compensation was paid to their families,
www.cnn.com...

Is that how much CIA operatives are goin for these days?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This story really disappointed me. I was realllllllllllly hoping this guy would be staying in a Pakistani prison and never seeing the light of day again. I was under the impression that the CIA never acknowledges you as their own if you are caught or killed in another country. You are suppose to be on your own. It even states this on their website under the CIA job descriptions. So why was this guy so important that he was saved?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join