It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies In Area... Run!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Some folks just always seem to have way too much time on their hands!

I just found this and while I would like to have been an adult about it, I found myself chuckling anyway. I claim lack of sleep..

Electronic Sign's Message To Drivers: "Poop"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4eeee398a0f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Prankster hacks Texas DOT's "detour" street sign in Houston; Later message reads "LOL"

(AP) HOUSTON - A potty-mouthed prankster managed to hack into an electronic sign in downtown Houston, treating drivers to an earthier message than their used to seeing.

The unknown prankster changed a temporary traffic sign that said "DETOUR" in large orange letters to "POOP." The message was there for most of the weekend.

Then on Monday morning, the sign was changed to ": ) LOL" before workers managed to change it back to its standard message.

The Texas Department of Transportation wasn't amused. Spokeswoman Raquelle Lewis told the Houston Chronicle that hacking the onboard computer that controls the sign is disruptive. It's also punishable by a fine of up to $500.

In 2009, a prankster in Austin got national attention by hacking a similar sign to display the message: "Zombies in area! Run!"

Source: www.cbsnews.com...

The zombie one is actually the one I found most amusing.
Does anyone here want to confess for spreading Zombie propaganda?

edit on 3/15/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
hahaha tha's classic!!! I must admit I have thought about doing something like this in the past, the lack of know how has prevented me though.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hahahaha.. the zombie one is priceless. I would love to drive by a sign like that, having it say something like, "Come Honor Chest."

new topics

join