It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the perfect circle around the moon visible where you all are at?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gloworm48
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Yes it is here in Central Illinois as well. It was Last night too! It is a very huge circle way out from the moon, but
a perfect circle none the less. It has a bit of a haze to it tonight. Weird..

This is a better description than mine. The circle isn't attached to the moon or touching it, it's way out away from it. I do not believe this is a halo. The one I saw in '05 was way bigger than this...the circle was from horizon to horizon and the moon was perfectly centered in the middle.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Great Pic! I tried taking one but they didn't come out right.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

I believe a moon halo is when the light or cloud or whatever it is, is touching the moon meaning much closer to it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I see it, I see it! I just went to my window, right after I discovered this thread. Very wide wide ring, great big round ring. The sky is very hazy. Thick but dispersed cloudyness.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I see it, I see it! I just went to my window, right after I discovered this thread. Very wide wide ring, great big round ring. The sky is very hazy. Thick but dispersed cloudyness.

Take a deep breath. It's normal. I promise.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Actually, I do see that lunar corona or whatever the heck it is (I've seen it do that before tonight) but the radius tonight is HUGE. I'm in southern Idaho. I think it must be reptilian cloaking. (that's a joke)

I really don't think it is a problem, perfectly normal when it is foggy, misty, cloudy. But interestingly enough, I see it too.
edit on 3/14/2011 by defenestrator because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Saw it Saturday night while i was out fishing; probably the largest and most vivid I've ever seen. It was pretty neat.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It is interesting that it says in the OP's article:

He said: "This is because the Earth-tides (analogous to ocean tides) may be the final trigger that sets off the earthquake."

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am in Norther California. This is actually the third night in a row I have seen it. When I was a little girl I was told I was a Moon Child a Cancerian so since then I have been fascinated by the moon well fascinated in a way that I just love to sit outside side and stare at it. It is the most beautiful thing in the sky. I cannot remember the last time I did not go out to look at it. Even if it is Cloudy I still wait and wait to get a glimpse. I call it my sleeping pill. Anyway enough of all that, I just want to say that this is not a normal halo. The red and the blue hue around it seems off. I do not know what this means I am just a moon gazer. I have seen 3 of these my whole life....this one seems different to me in some way..how? IDK just odd looking.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I seen this last night. Was very cool looking. Never seen it before. I live in St Petersburg Florida. All my neighbors were outside watching it as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Moon rings are beautiful, Im going to try and up load some pics we took as well. We have had a ring around our full moon every month since November. I never thought there was anything special about them other than they were pretty.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Lol its a moon ring bud no need to sound the alarms. See em all the time in northren canada. I see the moon all facking day during winter lol

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Moon halos are caused by the same ice crystals that are responsible for sun halos, and because it's the same process, just with a different light source (the moon), you get the same types of halos and arks. From your description it sounds like you may have seen a rare 46° halo.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Just a few minutes ago i tried to look outside to find the moon... I couldnt.. however i do have a huge backyard tree so im pretty sure its hidden behind there and also across the street there are many trees, but youd think the moon would be high enough up there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join