It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover Up Of Fukushima Chain Reaction Underway

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Cover Up Of Fukushima Chain Reaction Underway

www.infowars.com

All the nuclear reactors at the earthquake stricken Fukushima nuclear plant are under threat of melting down and exploding in a chain reaction that will signify the world’s worst ever nuclear disaster and send clouds of radioactive particles hurtling towards the United States – that’s the scale of the crisis facing Japan as officials admit for the first time that three nuclear reactors are already in a meltdown.
Japanese authorities, presumably in an effort to prevent hysteria, have engaged in a cover-up of the true scale of the Fukushima crisis from start to finish, and they have been
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
While the mainstream media continues to argue over the definition of a “meltdown” while unquestionably regurgitating the dubious claim of Japanese officials that the two massive explosions witnessed at the plant were caused by pressurized hydrogen, radioactive isotopes cesium-137 and iodine-121 have been detected by helicopters flying 160km (100 miles) away from the nuclear plant, which can only mean one thing, according to the Seattle Times: “One or more of the reactor cores is badly damaged and at least partially melted down.”

Im not so sure of this validity of the story, but interesting none the less~

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's all over the UK news channels that all three reactors are pretty much goners and this is going to be a very big disaster.
They seem to just be reporting the facts without the bs over here...likely because we're not immediately at risk, so there's no fear of panicing the populace here.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
It's all over the UK news channels that all three reactors are pretty much goners

Aye they'll no longer be operational.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Now would be a good time for Stanley Fulham's UFOs to show up. Weren't they supposed to clean Earth from pollution and such?

On a more serious note, this is very concerning. I live in Quebec, Canada, so I guess I'm gonna be free of radiation, but the fact that millions of humans could suffer the consequences of this saddens me to the highest point. I hope this is gonna be the kicker for the gradual abolition of nuclear energy. We have tons of clean technologies that are covered up, as we speak. They aren't called free energy technologies for nothing...They're relatively costless to produce and could give us long-lasting energy.

This may not be the bottom of the barrel yet. I've read on a thread earlier today that another monster quake was about to occur in South Japan, one which could wipe Tokyo! I'm really fearful that this may just be the beginning, I suggest the United States close all nuclear reactors close to the New Madrid and the San Andreas fault lines. We don't want this same tragedy happen over here in US soils.

I wish we would be a united planet, no countries. The foreign help wouldn't be so complicated, as foreign wouldn't be of circumstances. Well...I'm talking about a peaceful united planet, not some NWO bullcrap.

S&F, as I wouldn't be surprised a cover-up is being played out.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I don't doubt it. There are rescue and relief workers from all over the world heading there to help and if Japan admitted the severity of the event then all those helping hands wouldn't want to go anywhere near the north of the island.

Bill Nye the science guy said it best. The experts can go on and on about the safety measures in place but the safety measures have never been tested because no one in their right mind would cause a meltdown to see if they work.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Yep I love how they are downplaying the situation at hand.
Here's what we're REALLY dealing with:

Radiation cloud might hit U.S. west coast within 7 days! Source:
www.prisonplanet.com...

Get potassium iodide and apples and oranges, they can help cleanse the body of radiation should we be hit.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

TOKYO: A Japanese government official says the level of radiation at a troubled nuclear plant has exceeded the legal limit, underscoring the continuing problems with reactors rattled by Friday's massive earthquake and the ensuing tsunami.

Naoki Kumagai, an official at Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, insists there's no need to be overly alarmed by the radiation rise at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, although he says the level is higher than the legal limit.

Source< br />

As far as I know, when the level of raditation goes above a certain limit the utilities company must inform the government and a nuclear disaster must be declared. It seems they are stalling declaring a full nuclear disaster and the only reason I can think of is, as I said in my first post, to keep international help from running away.

I should add a "nuclear emergency" is not the same as a "nuclear disaster".
edit on 14-3-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159

This may not be the bottom of the barrel yet. I've read on a thread earlier today that another monster quake was about to occur in South Japan, one which could wipe Tokyo! I'm really fearful that this may just be the beginning, I suggest the United States close all nuclear reactors close to the New Madrid and the San Andreas fault lines. We don't want this same tragedy happen over here in US soils.

I wish we would be a united planet, no countries. The foreign help wouldn't be so complicated, as foreign wouldn't be of circumstances. Well...I'm talking about a peaceful united planet, not some NWO bullcrap.

S&F, as I wouldn't be surprised a cover-up is being played out.

seeing how every human being on this planet is in a way "stupid" it will most likely NEVER be that way..thats why were here anyway..to learn from our mistakes..and the greatest is yet to come

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry but.... Infowars.

It might as well be sorcha faal

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
well we will know soon enough

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That article reeks of fear mongering to me.

Hurtling towards America (it's always about America isn't it?)

But not hurtling towards China?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised that they, are trying to cover this up. It does not surprise one at al. Anything to keep the population from knowing the truth. Typical

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i currently have this thread that i posted about an hour ago:Japan's nightmare gets even WORSE: All THREE damaged nuclear reactors now in 'meltdown' at tsunam, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

another ats member posted this important news:

North America Safe From Radioactive Particles

www.wired.com...

Radioactive particles from the failing Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station pose little immediate risk to North America, and should fall into the Pacific before reaching western shores. Using a publicly available modeling system for airborne pollutants developed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Weather Underground’s Jeff Masters has modeled the spread of radioactive plumes. So far, the “great majority of these runs” have seen the plumes float over the Pacific, reaching eastern Siberia and the western coast of North America in about a week. “Such a long time spent over water will mean that the vast majority of the radioactive particles will settle out of the atmosphere or get caught up in precipitation and rained out,” wrote Masters. “It is highly unlikely that any radiation capable of causing harm to people will be left in the atmosphere after seven days and 2000-plus miles of travel distance.” A press release issued March 13 by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission echoed Masters’ speculation. “Given the thousands of miles between the two countries, Hawaii, Alaska, the U.S. Territories and the U.S. West Coast are not expected to experience any harmful levels of radioactivity,” (pdf) they announced.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
That article reeks of fear mongering to me.

Hurtling towards America (it's always about America isn't it?)

But not hurtling towards China?

Take a look at the jet steams from the time the disaster happend. They are flowing to the east which means the USA and Canada.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Not that I'm going to go BAAAHHH like a sheep and believe everything IfnoFAIL uhmmm I mean Infowar posts but there is this thing called the JETSTREAM...
edit on 14-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

I think the idea was HURTLING TOWARDS THE U.S.! was a bit over done. Yes, it's a very legitimate concern...very much so...but infowars is...well, they may be reporting on important topics, they fear-monger and twist things around. I don't care for the website myself.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

They said the same thing, after that nuke blast in the Ukraine. And looked what happenned over 10 thousand people dead, dying, lifestock, in Europe and the UK infected with radiation posion.

So dont tell me that those in America will not be caught up in this all,because that is clap trap.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Disasters are the new terrorist

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

A special feature of the Mark 1 design is that the used fuel, also called spent fuel, is stored within the reactor building in a swimming pool-like concrete structure near the top of the reactor vessel. When the reactor is refueled, the spent fuel is taken from the reactor by a large crane, transferred to the pool, and kept underwater for a few years. This spent fuel must be kept underwater to prevent severe releases of radioactivity, among other reasons. A meltdown or even a fire could occur if there is a loss of coolant from the spent fuel pool. The water in the spent fuel pool and the roof of the reactor building are the main barriers to release of radioactivity from the spent fuel pool.

link to source PDF

this got a whole lot worse
the spent fuel from the last decade is stored ABOVE the leaking reactors in a cooling pool
if the pool has leaked its coolant the colder but still dangerous rods could reignite the spent fuel rods
in a much more devisating leak of SPENT MOX FUEL into the atmosphere

holy moly that means ten years or more of spent rods going up per plant

xploder

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join