It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+111 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but it appears the triple plate junction southeast of Japan has activated with a critical quake right on it, which I have circled in black:

Why is this critical? Well articles have said that the existing quakes were too far north to trigger anything on this junction, but this is the area Japan has long been expecting a huge quake. It has been building up pressure for a very long time. And this quake ought to be a huge warning sign for Japan.

Now it could be that it is just an adjustment to the tremendous activity to the north, and nothing further may happen. But I have been saying for days now that all those quakes north of there directly on the subduction zone line are indicating a very unstable subduction zone situation which is very dangerous.

And now this activity has traveled south to the very dangerous triple plate junction, with a quake directly on it. Will it hold? Only time will tell, but I can't read anything good from this whatsoever. I implore the people of Japan to take this particular quake extremely seriously, as an indication of impending disaster.

Tokyo may be in imminent danger of a huge quake very close, which will likely be followed by a tsunami. And there won't be much time to react.

There may be something to my junk science after all, because it seems most of what I have feared to be the case has happened. Forgive another thread on Japan everyone, but this one is important. This quake is critical, and I hope the people see it. I hope the authorities see it. I know they are warning another 7 could hit, but what I am seeing here is beyond that if that triple junction goes.

Not only would this finishing toppling any weakened structures, but it will severely aggravate the nuclear situation as well. God, I wish it wasn't true, but this situation is getting worse by the minute with that quake you see on the map. Very dangerous.

+125 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i say we help Japan evacuate the entire island chain ... give em a couple of states in america...i love the Japanese folks and welcome them here.

give em north and south Dakota
edit on 13-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I agree. If the worst happens, many parts of Japan, if not the majority, may have to be evacuated. That would be horrible. Hopefully all goes well though, and this doesn't get worse.

Like Edgar Cayce said : The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea.

Lets hope that doesn't hold true.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Japan is curse, someone said its like Japan is the first place to experience the 2012 effects....they might be on to something.
edit on 13-3-2011 by RANDOMguess because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Presuming your theory is correct and using history as a precedence, will we see a build up of Earthquakes at this juncture before the "big one" strikes; Maybe a foreshock > 7.0 again?

I hope that this quake is just a normal occurrence and not the precursor to more impending doom for Japan as if they do not already have enough going on.
edit on 13-3-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i say we help Japan evacuate the entire island chain ... give em a couple of states in america...i love the Japanese folks and welcome them here.

give em north and south Dakota
edit on 13-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

What a nice idea, japanese people are good persons, well educated and hard workers. So far, the best suggestion I've heard since the quake.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Utah is pretty much empty except for Mormons, we could let them have Utah, lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i have ulterior motives...i love sushi and manga...lol even if i didn't i would welcome them as neighbors before practically any other nation

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CordDragonzord

no utah!!! the Japanese folks have been through enough... no magic underwear for them.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I hope Japan stays above sea level, specifically the roppongi district, I always wanted to go there and party with some hot Japanese girls.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I would even go so far as to say that evacuation of Tokyo should seriously be considered. I know that idea sounds crazy, but if it was me in control of Japan, that's exactly what I would do right now, before further, biblical catastrophe ensues. Alarmist?

Maybe. But why has virtually everything I have said regarding this situation with where the quakes are going to hit come true? I don't know!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't care!

All I know is right now we are getting quakes near or on this zone, and it is becoming obvious what is about to happen. I see it plain as day.

Please read this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or here it is copied to make this easier:

Well, I'd say most definitely they are, and I have been saying this for days on the 7.2 thread.

See that little quake on the bottom right? That was a 4.9 at 24.9 km depth. Almost every single one of the quakes occurring on the right side of, or on the zone line share a common depth, including that 4.9. They are all within a very focused, similar depth. Only the 7.1 was shallower, at 19 km.

But if there is any pattern to this at all, what happened last time the quakes jumped the zone line boundary? When there was the original 7.2 and its subsequent aftershocks, they were all pretty contained in that one area. But then all of a sudden they started appearing on the right side of the line. Just a few smaller ones. And then.... 8.9 back in the same area as the 7.2.

So what I am suggesting is that little 4.9 may be a clue as to what's about to happen very close to where the guy in the article is saying- near the juncture point of the plates, but probably further towards shore. That 5.3 ( the most southern quake on the left side of the line) is also at the same focused depth, directly opposite the 4.9. So if the composition down there is consistent, this could mean a quake about to happen, maybe more shallow, right in that area.

Exactly what I said in that post has occurred, almost to the letter. Let's hope I am wrong on this one.
edit on Sun Mar 13th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Mar 13th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
True American I been meaning to ask you this..Benjamin fulford (I don't know what to make of him) suggests that Haarp is behind this and states it has the power to cause vibrations in the earths crust which can be used to trigger earthquakes in specific area's. Here's the video www.youtube.com... at 1.30 mins in it shows a diagram which shows how haarp sends these vibrations to a target point by rebounding the waves off the ionosphere.

Now in a recent thread on yours you posted charts of seismic activity happening at volcanos as a result of the Japanese earthquake. Is it possible that this activity you showed could be a result of Haarp rebounding these waves? Also would there be anyway of correlating the data you showed with the Harrp stations in Greenland and Alaska? Surely if it was Haarp it left a trace?

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Notice the 'swarms', I hate to use that terminology though. Are mitigating North to South, before they transition East to West, before they go North to South again. Sometimes these individual lines of fault ruptures follow themselves Northwards, sometimes they break off and you can track a different pattern on a different fault southwards.

Tokyo Bay has been spared, for now, but you can watch these shocks encroaching ever further towards the city as time goes on. Seismologists as the OP points out know Tokyo Bay is years overdue for a ''big one', the 9.0 out in Honshu Bay wasn't it. Whats to come I fear will be far worse if these ruptures hit that line of fault lateral to Tokyo.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

heartbreaking.
If you watch the USGS maps, things are lighting up more than I had previously observed. Things are shifting in a big way and I really think Japan should be evacuated if it could be.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Everything will be alright in the end.
Prayers to all and peace.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How large was the quake you have circled in black?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Well, I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but it appears the triple plate junction southeast of Japan has activated with a critical quake right on it, which I have circled in black:

Here are the specifics for the quake in question that TrueAmerican pointed out:

Magnitude
Date-Time
Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 13:16:31 UTC
Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 10:16:31 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
23 km (14.3 miles)
Region
OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances
217 km (134 miles) NE of Hachijo-jima, Izu Islands, Japan
219 km (136 miles) SE of Yokohama, Honshu, Japan
226 km (140 miles) SE of TOKYO, Japan
247 km (153 miles) SSE of Mito, Honshu, Japan
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 6.1 km (3.8 miles); depth +/- 20.3 km (12.6 miles)
Parameters
NST=156, Nph=156, Dmin=216.1 km, Rmss=0.88 sec, Gp=115°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=7
Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usc00021rj

Source: earthquake.usgs.gov...

Can anyone that knows something about geology break down the parameters in terms of what kind of quake it was and what could it signify for that fault. A normal tremor, or signs of things to come?

edit on 13-3-2011 by majesticgent because: added quote

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
How large was the quake you have circled in black?

it was a 5.1

im on the usgs site now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The shakes and jolts on Friday were scary to say the least but they didn`t really `sink` in until today. I`ve been reading about this next big one coming and the French and German residents being told to leave Tokyo asap....apparently even US government-assigned employees and major corporate keypersons are being
evacuated from Japan beginning today.

Tried to sleep but can`t now...About 6 or 7 years ago I had a dream of an earthquake happening here, and a massive wave approaching my building (current one too!!!) Hope not! Difficult to know whether one is overreacting when everything is so precarious and unknown...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Thank you for digging that up, as it just saved me the time. As you guys may know, I mostly award stars for posts that contribute directly to the topic.

As to this being "normal", I would say any quake like that following in the footsteps of the tremendous activity to the north is anything but normal. It is an indicator. Just like when the quakes jumped the subduction zone last time. I showed westcoast that in her thread, and what happened? All the activity to the south now pretty much exactly where I said it would happen. I am seeing patterns here, that is all. If the patterns remain consistent, there will likely be a shallower big quake very close to that area somewhere to come in the next days.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join