It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread was just deleted......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well now, That sums up a lot! Advertising dollars, regulation for the almighty dollar, sounds like everything in this world today! If ya got the cash, youl get the gash!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Right, my two cents.

Firstly, I have had issues with posts, members, threads, but whenever i've complained or queried - I've always got a reply back from the mods (and most of them are quite friendly and don't bite).

But... Once or twice a thread has been closed, due to the actions of one or two members, which i do think is a shame, as by closing that thread, the members who disrupted it - have won.

I know the mods will say fair warnings were given (and usually are) - but in some cases it might be wiser to keep some threads open, as the disruptive members are essentially 'in control' and decide the fate of the thread, enough trolling, or flaming can disrupt even the best thread.

Also i've witnessed a few 404'd threads which have sadly lost some valuable information, just because of the actions of a few members.

So yeah, I can see the OP's frustration , but I can also see the mod's frustration.

Tricky one.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

I believe you've missed the point in a most spectacular way. The topics and behavior we don't permit are carefully spelled out in the Terms and Conditions.

We don't permit gratuitous gore, pr0n, racist speech, threats, ... it's all there. You should read it. The rules came first. The site growth and participation followed.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join