It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i get shown in dreams what is gonna happen the next day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
has anyone else ever done this and what is it called?

Let me start by i very seldom ever remember my dreams.

But let's say like last night i was watching a movie on netflix watched about a hour of it..
i got tired and shut it off and went to bed.
I woke up and my wife resumed it cause she wanted to watch it also.
Then out of the blue i remembered exactly what was gonna happen in the movie.
I have seen it before.....But why didnt i realize this last night after watching a hour of it?
So i sit there a sec thinking how i saw this movie..i vaguely remember it in a dream.

That was just last night.
I see events too and i get this deja vu sometimes as if i thought this happen before cause i saw this.
i get a shiver that makes me jerk as if a cold chill..my wife lifes at it lol..
and then i remember it was in a dream i had again.

The problem here is this happens on a daily basis.
And i got no way of knowing ahead of time on most of them cause i dont remember the dream till it is happening.
It happens then i remember..its really hard to describe.

I have some dreams that are vivid.
I remember the smells the fears the weather as if i was really there.
I wake up and sit on the edge of the bed shaking...but apparently i am not awake cause i still see myself in the dream world...But i know i am awake ..Best way to describe it is as if i was in a giant 3d hologram world like on star trek. the holodeck lol
Those dreams havent happen in a few years thank god.

Then one dream i remember clearly ...dont laugh.
i was laying in bed asleep in my dream my wife was on the pc in the corner of the bedroom.
just like when i went to sleep.
when all of the sudden these things...not gonna say alien cause i got no idea what they was..grabbed me by my feet.
i screamed for my wife she kept typing away on her blog.
I guess i woke myself up...and i said pretty loudly wtf!!!
my wife said what?
i said my dang feet hurt like hell.
we look at em and the sides of my heals had big indention on the inner heal side.
3 days later my feet swelled up and i couldnt walk for a week.
I even went to the doctor the did xrays ext...they said to take ibuprofen for the inflammation.
They said somehow my bone sin my feet got inflamed.
I got no idea lol

But my point is i got major problems.

I am a reasonable man.
Either i am going crazy.
or B there is something to all this and my dreams.

So what is it?

It could be as simple as my father coming over to my house to visit.
But the second i open the door i realize i knew he was coming and i get the cold chill again.

Only one time have a i remembered a dream that i acted upon.
it was the pick 3 kentucky lottery....i had a dream i was watching tv it was vivid..i remember drinking coffee and tasting it.
Well the lotto numbers was 111 i said in the dream well i wish i played those .
I remembered my dream...and went to store and played those numbers 111.
forgot all about it.
That night i was watching the lotto..Btw i never play the lotto..maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
lo and behold 1 1 1 ..my wife got all excited as she stole my ticket lol

Well can someone tell me is this a gift or am i going mentally ill?
Honestly.
i can take it

edit on 11-3-2011 by TheAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
thats wierd, the other night i shouted out WTF in my sleep and my gf was like wtf... she told me the next day and i was like wtf!! really curious to know what i was dreaming about! people posting about their fascinating dreams lately its all so interesting

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Kind of the same thing here. It's called premonitions. In my case, the premonitions are embedded in vivid nightmares. The sensation of still being in it after waking up would last a whole day.

The nightmares started 20 yrs ago (I was 10), occuring every six month, now happens every time I sleep. The bits of fantasy are less and less common, leaving the recurring theme of an epidemic resulting from tsunamis (in Montreal
), with all services down and no governing system left. It even has a timeline, and sometimes I can even read which is supposed to be impossible in dreams.

Btw, I used the term "nightmare" to describe them because I cannot verify their basis in reality, but it did happen that I dreamt of future (many non-pertinent) events. One of them a life changing experience, dreamt about 2-3 years before it happened and could have been verified by others if I had kept the little yellow piece of paper on which I wrote it when I woke up that morning.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

NOt to take us off topic here, but my daughter had a dream/nightmare the night before last, where she was chased by police, arrested and shot !, needless to say it scared her whitless, but she spent the whole day telling me she couldn't forget about it no matter how hard she tried and it stayed with her, thankfully she woke up this morning and has stopped mentioning it, but she has only just turned 4 years old, I sincerely hope her dream wasn't a premmonition !

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
True story, not trolling.

When I was about 12 I was playing one of the zelda games on the super nintendo, and I was stumped on how to open the dungeon in the desert zone, was about the 5th dungeon.

Anyways, I dreamt one night I needed to go to one of the 'building' that had a library and 'dash' at a bookshelf, which in turn released a secret book/map that allowed me to get to the dungeon.

I woke up the next morning and before I left my room did exactly what I had dreamed in the game, and voila. I had unlocked the dungeon I had spent the last few days trying to get into....win!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So what's happening tomorrow?

Seriously, if you think you have some sort of ability to predict the future, take you best stab at it and tell us what you are dreaming about...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Someone's trying to surf on JakiusFogg story ...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
So what's happening tomorrow?

Seriously, if you think you have some sort of ability to predict the future, take you best stab at it and tell us what you are dreaming about...

I told ya it doesn't work like that.
very seldom do i get a chance to act or tell anyone what i saw.
It like POP wtf i knew it lol

I wish i could remember to tell every dream but the sad fact is i don't.
I only remember exactly when something in the event that is happening reminds me of it.
so basically it gives me no warning lol

so basically Its like having powers to know your gonna get hit in the head with a baseball tomorrow and forget...
till your hit and go SOB!!! i knew it and remember this from last night.

I have tried to force myself remember the dreams every night it does not work.
So i know in advanced more lol
But it just wont do it till it happens most time's.

Yes it sounds cray i told ya it did lol

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kineticdamage
Someone's trying to surf on JakiusFogg story ...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

what is that?
2nd line

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitenor
True story, not trolling.

When I was about 12 I was playing one of the zelda games on the super nintendo, and I was stumped on how to open the dungeon in the desert zone, was about the 5th dungeon.

Anyways, I dreamt one night I needed to go to one of the 'building' that had a library and 'dash' at a bookshelf, which in turn released a secret book/map that allowed me to get to the dungeon.

I woke up the next morning and before I left my room did exactly what I had dreamed in the game, and voila. I had unlocked the dungeon I had spent the last few days trying to get into....win!

i know that exact game and spot lol
the book falls off the shelf lol
i left my snes on for 2 days cause the save game was broke in the game bad battery i think lol
and i got to the last part and my kid sister turned it off on me when i went to the bathroom lol
to play super mario world lol
those was the days lol

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

OP, this happens to me at will, i even stated this in other posts but dont press it as i have no proof. i have to ask to see something from the next day before falling asleep though. last time i did this it scared me so bad i stoped. i seen someone i hadnt seen for years in a dream. the next day she sent me an instant message. i also felt my step dads step dads suicidal thoughts for a month an a half before he finally did himself in. i wanted to die myself hours before he killed himself. didnt know the guy one bit but my anguish was gone afterwards.

i often think of this as "jedi power". it feels like a frantic scream from the future.

edit on 11-3-2011 by gougitousakusha because: adding

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Quite less dramatic than my earlier example, but one time I dreamt about my cousin. I knew she was going out that day and when I called her to verify, she was astonished that I knew. I told her with whom and what she was going to eat. Two mistakes in my dream, there was cheese with the pasta and her mother was not present.

I know because I called back to check if I was correct.
edit on 12/3/11 by Vio1ion because: grammar

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
has anyone else ever done this and what is it called?

It's not a gift that is exactly how we are supposed to function, it's just the majority of the people in the world choose to go against this intuition.

Ask yourself this question, how many times has your logic/mind over-ruled your intuition, then you end up in a bad situation and your gut told you something totally opposite from your mind?

Logic has it's place, but when that little voice deep down talks, I listen very closely.

new topics

top topics

join