It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Edward Leedskalnin discover anti-gravity in the 1800's?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxclaro
Love this topic,heard of it years ago and been intereted ever since. Now does anyone remember a story a couple years back about the 5-ton door,which pivots on an axis through the middle of it,stopped working? I found it very interesting because it was reported in the mainstream media, although I don't remember specifically which outlet, just that I was very surprised to read it there.

Anyway, the door,which previously swung so easily that a child could riotate it,stopped working. Edward had taken this 5-ton(I think,not sure) rock,bored a hole absolutely perfectly lengthwise through it,then mounted it on the bearing out of an early model automobile.This bearing or hub was in turn mounted on a hemisphere of some unknown material,which supported the entire weight of the door. To mount something that heavy on that type of bearing and have it last, it must be absolutely perfectly balanced,and it was.

So,several years ago the bearing finally gave up.I assume there was no way to access teh bearing and lubricate it,so it's surprising it lasted that long. A team from MIT was called in to do the repairs to the door. They used a crane to lift the door and put in a new bearing. As I recall, they could not identify the materiel the supporting hemishpere was made of, labeling it as "unknown origin" or some such. They put the door back on the bearing, and although it apparently still functions, supposedly it no longer rotates as freely as it did before.Perhaps if someone has been there recently they couldtell us if this is so or not? Anyway, the engineers apaprently said that even with their state or the art equipment,they would be hard pressed to duplicate the boring and balancing feat that Edward had perfromed in creating the door.

Like I said, this was all in an article I read in some newspaper or news site, so I can't say for sure how much of it is accurate. Maybe someone down in florida can look into this for us and tell us if it's fact or fiction? I'm particularily intrigued by the unknown material used to support the door,very mysterious.

Oh wow, when i went there in April 2011, i was able to actually move the revolving door myself and i have video of myself struggling to move it, but i was able to move it a half turn i believe. It took a long time to do it, and one of the people that worked there had to show me how to do it.

Here is a video of it freely rotating from 2006
www.youtube.com...

As of April 2011, it WAS NOT moving like that AT ALL. It was almost stuck. If i can find the video i MAY upload the video of myself struggling to move it.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

Originally posted by xxclaro
Love this topic,heard of it years ago and been intereted ever since. Now does anyone remember a story a couple years back about the 5-ton door,which pivots on an axis through the middle of it,stopped working? I found it very interesting because it was reported in the mainstream media, although I don't remember specifically which outlet, just that I was very surprised to read it there.

Anyway, the door,which previously swung so easily that a child could riotate it,stopped working. Edward had taken this 5-ton(I think,not sure) rock,bored a hole absolutely perfectly lengthwise through it,then mounted it on the bearing out of an early model automobile.This bearing or hub was in turn mounted on a hemisphere of some unknown material,which supported the entire weight of the door. To mount something that heavy on that type of bearing and have it last, it must be absolutely perfectly balanced,and it was.

So,several years ago the bearing finally gave up.I assume there was no way to access teh bearing and lubricate it,so it's surprising it lasted that long. A team from MIT was called in to do the repairs to the door. They used a crane to lift the door and put in a new bearing. As I recall, they could not identify the materiel the supporting hemishpere was made of, labeling it as "unknown origin" or some such. They put the door back on the bearing, and although it apparently still functions, supposedly it no longer rotates as freely as it did before.Perhaps if someone has been there recently they couldtell us if this is so or not? Anyway, the engineers apaprently said that even with their state or the art equipment,they would be hard pressed to duplicate the boring and balancing feat that Edward had perfromed in creating the door.

Like I said, this was all in an article I read in some newspaper or news site, so I can't say for sure how much of it is accurate. Maybe someone down in florida can look into this for us and tell us if it's fact or fiction? I'm particularily intrigued by the unknown material used to support the door,very mysterious.

Oh wow, when i went there in April 2011, i was able to actually move the revolving door myself and i have video of myself struggling to move it, but i was able to move it a half turn i believe. It took a long time to do it, and one of the people that worked there had to show me how to do it.

Here is a video of it freely rotating from 2006
www.youtube.com...

As of April 2011, it WAS NOT moving like that AT ALL. It was almost stuck. If i can find the video i MAY upload the video of myself struggling to move it.

Very cool, looks like the story may be legit then. I'm going to see if I can dig up any info on this,maybe even find the original article I read. If anyone else had been there and tried the door, I'd ne curious to know how it worked for you,and when you were there.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The door actually had been modified by the state i believe adding a axis and bearings in hopes to i don't know blow money while taking a step back. Because with modern day technology they could not balance it to its prime while working on it. If they did it on purpose or not one could argue i suppose.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I really wish someone or some group could get to the bottom of this fellow and his work... Would be fascinating, one way or another!!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

As soon as a hit 20 posts i'm starting a forum on his book "A Book for Every Home" and the infamous "Sweet 16" but once again it's just an educated theory but ties into his work.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

It was reported that a trucking company delivered a 20+ ton stone of coral - the driver took a break and in 15 mins or so - the truck was unloaded and he did not see any tools used to unload the truck - even with tools it would have taken much longer than 30 minutes.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

The individual helping him move he did indeed hire.. And that happened on many occasions and if he didn't need to go any where he would have been asked to turn around and please not look and in that time span Ed would have the truck loaded.

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
youtu.be... looking at this, I see no mistery but only leverage. I was hoping there is some secret behind it, but all the accounts of working only at night, lifting the blocks by levitation etc seem unfounded since the guy got himself filmed working the blocks via clasic mechanics methods. Good for him, but no secret here

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is an old episode of In Search Of with Spock Nimoy, Secrets of Coral Castle. It's very dated yet still holds up and the footage of the place is terrific.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
thanks for the revival
I had never heard of this

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Would love to see Ed's "treasure" map.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join