It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, Can You Help Me Find This, Please.....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hello ATS. I will apologize in advance for bad forum placing if this is not in the correct place, as I do not post much (at all, until now) in this forum.

It is amazing all the new technology that is coming out and the advancements that are being made in weaponry, spy tech, recon tech, etc.

Recently I saw a video of a tiny turbo engine or jet engine. It worked on the same principals as a larger jet airplane engine, but was absolutely tiny. In fact, there was an image of the interior of the engine next to a dust mite in the video.

I was trying to describe it to my brother, but could not remember exactly where I saw the video and as is typical, I did not bookmark it... sheesh.

The engine is said to be developed for the use in tiny airplanes that could possibly be equipped with tiny cameras or who knows what other type of uses could be dreamed up for them.

There was also an amazing thread here that was made by one of the most highly respected members here and detailed a weapon that would hover, using pulses of exhaust to turn and angle itself. I believe the thread pertained to super hi-tech space based weapons.

I am not necessarily searching for that thread, just pointing out how incredible the tech is.

What I am really looking for is the tiny engine video and also I would love to find a source for more of this high tech weaponry and cutting edge advancements that some seem to have. Some of you guys seem to have a direct link into some of the coolest things out there, as soon as they pop out!!!

Anyway, I hope I didn't bore you to death here and also, hope you can help me in the search for this video and other information.

Thanks ATS'ers!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You mean this tiny?

Yeah, I need to get me one of these.

I remember seeing that thread about the hovering space vehicles too. They were satellite killers - VERY COOL.

Just FYI? Google is your friend. SEARCH "Miniature Jet Engine." Works every time.

edit on 3/9/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I've made one of these out of an old toilet paper roll, 3 meters of duct tape, 2 bent teaspoons and a lot of sand. Works just as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I think this is the site you are looking for:

me1065.wikidot.com...

They no longer have the dust mite picture available but you can still see where it was beneath the MEMS paragraph.

MEMS
Before the discussion of a MEMS-Based Rankine cycle can occur, it is crucial to understand what exactly “MEMS” is. Microelectromechanial Systems, or MEMS, are workable/movable devices built on very small scales. Typically, MEMS range in size from a micrometer to a millimeter. On such small scales, conventional manufacturing techniques do not work. The device is most commonly created by “etching” a series of patterns onto a Silicon substrate. Figure 1 allows the size of a MEMS device to be put into mind [6].

Figure 1: Scale of MEMS relative to a dust mite.

The Basic Rankine Cycle
A Rankine cycle is the thermodynamic cycle which converts heat energy into work energy. Typically, some source of combustible matter is utilized to add heat energy into the working fluid. In most cases, the working fluid is water. The water, at high energy, is processed through a turbine where shaft work is generated. After the water leaves the turbine, it gets condensed and pumped back to the point where heat is added to the fluid. Figure 2 shows what the schematic of a basic Rankine cycle [7].

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
ok guys and gals. Thanks for the replies and unfortunately the information I am looking for has yet to be posted here.

The jet engine is literally tiny, as in - will fit on the end of your finger, tiny.

I will continue searching and hopefully I can eat some Wheaties and spark my memory, allowing me to find the video and information. I will post it in this thread as soon as I find out anything. I am sure some of your would be absoluteyl amazed at the size of this tiny tiny tiny jet/turbo engine.

It is shaped like a square, has 4 tiny holes for fuel intake, an interior jet/combustion area and a tiny hole in the center, where the exhaust is relieved.

Thanks again and hopefully one of us will find the information for everyone to check out.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
OKAY I have found it!! at least a bit of information on it as well as images, cut away images, diagrams etc. I may do a different thread that doesn't focus on the search, but instead focuses on the actual device!

It is called a MEMs.

Here is the link

H2 demo engine with conduction-cooled turbine

check out page 4, fig. 4! That is the entire turbo engine, cut in half for demonstrative purposes!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
OKAY I have found it!! at least a bit of information on it as well as images, cut away images, diagrams etc. I may do a different thread that doesn't focus on the search, but instead focuses on the actual device!

It is called a MEMs.

Here is the link

H2 demo engine with conduction-cooled turbine

check out page 4, fig. 4! That is the entire turbo engine, cut in half for demonstrative purposes!!

Glad ya found what ya were looking for.

Here's one (I think) in motion:

and it's assembly:

Have fun. Peace out.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks for the video, that is awesome and very small as well, but believe it or not it is much larger than the one in the document I linked.

Imagine the ENTIRE turbo engine being about the size of an American dime, flat like a dime, but in a square shape instead of a circle.

Incredible really. I actually posted more info on it in the alien/UFOs forum, becuase, well... I like the far out ideas, haha and ATS is a great place for open minded - and closed minds as well - to give their opinions on alternative topics.

Thanks again!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think this is what you're talking about:
Link
No pics, but it seems to be about the scale you're on about.

join