It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Green Bar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I am one who could not care less about man in the street interviews. Which is why I don't care about Street View. I am also one who dislikes pop-ups so the green bar that can't be gotten rid of every time a new Street View is put up is just plain irritating.

We get a u2u, isn't that enough? It took so much bitching and whining to get rid of the pop-up when we signed in that I'm not going to whine or bitch about the ribbon that we are forced to have. I guess we are going to be forced to some kind of pop-up unfortunately but do we really need more of it? I just don't understand why the u2u isn't enough, that we have to be bothered in another way besides that.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Ah,come on now. Isn't that bad. Sheesh

Don't think they'll do away with the ribbon. All you can do is close it once it pops up... No Biggy.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
On the bottom right of the "Green Bar" is a little [HIDE>] tab, clicky.

edit on 9-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

I have inherent problems with my computer as it's Vista, or as I like to call it Satan's OS. Loading pages can be a pain in the butt at times and I really don't like the pop-ups, they just make it worse.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It is still there, It loads on every page then disappears after a few seconds. If you read my above post, I already have problems and pop-ups just make it worse and are also irritating. I want to see what is on the page, not some junk put on top of it.

I truly don't think I am asking too much as we already get a u2u. Isn't that enough? Why do we have to deal with the annoying pop-up also?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Ah, I see. Well I also use Satan's OS but I haven't had any problems with loading pages. Except for when I use FireFox. U don't use FF by any chance??

Have alot of problems with it. Internet Explorer is fine on ats but once I use FF well....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Soon they will be calling us during dinner.
2nd
3rd.
4th.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I use FF and IE on my laptop with trusty old XP and Chrome and FF on my work computer Vista.

I don't have any issues at all.
I also have all back apps closed and zero third party add-ons/extension running.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I have XP too, on the laptop. Sometimes I like FF, sometimes not..just use IE (version 7). I looked into Apple's Safari....gee, what a mess!).

I have hesitated to try Chrome, despite all the "wonderful" ads that tout its speed...
Thought there were some issues others raised about it....I have been bitten so many times, trying "new" things, and having trouble going back...and just clogging up my computer's "tubes"..

"It's a series of tubes!" LOL!

top topics

join