It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Women's Day. .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I did a quick search and found no threads on International women's day. I only reaslised today when watching the evening news and caught this interesting video, Featuring James Bond (Daniel Craig) and M (Judy Dench), It brings up how unequal men and women are. According to the video, women do 2/3rds of the worlds work and earn only 10% and own only 1% of land.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Whooohooo for women!!

Cool. Totally sucks for women but I think we've come along way,though. Things seem to be changing at a steady pace.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

I dont know those statistics are quite telling on a global scale. Women only own 1% of private property globally. Would be interested to hear what women on ATS thought

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Takes a moment for the beautiful ladies of EA and their accomplishments.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What a wonderful day!

I actually created a celebration thread in honor of today, have a look see if you would care to. I highlight some of the past ATS threads on females and women, and honor a couple outspoken female porponents on our site too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We still have a lot of work ahead of us as far as women's rights are concerned. hopefully by celebrating this day it will bring light to the work we have made and the work we still need to accomplish.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
International what day? Since when do we have a whole day based on women?

Kidding..

Women have done great things in History, God Bless Queen Victoria and God Bless all the women out there.

The world would stop if there were no women in it, men would run it to ruin

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Well compared to a 100 years ago it's made some improvement. Though things can probably speed up a little more... a whole lot more.

new topics

top topics

join