It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Dr Hawass Resigned

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
I saw this news come out today, so I figured I would share it here.

Egypt antiquities chief becomes minister

CAIRO — Egypt's chief archaeologist Zahi Hawass, the guardian of some of the world's most important treasures, was on Wednesday named minister of antiquities, the official MENA news agency reported.

Hawass had served as head of the Supreme Council of Antiquities and later became minister of state under ousted president Hosni Mubarak.

Nationwide protests that erupted on January 25 overthrew Mubarak and saw power handed over to a military council.

Hawass's appointment is likely to anger pro-democracy activists who have been calling for the cabinet to purged of all old regime elements.

Hawass is back. He played his hand perfectly. He warned of the dangers, and reported the ongoing looting of the cultural treasures (he cares deeply about) to the world. He then resigned, as called for in the Political arena of the time and waited to be called back into service (fingers crossed I imagine). He is now legitimately back at his post in the "new" gov of Egypt. Well done....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Good riddance as far as I am concerned, this man has been a tyrant over the years and I am sure he has been hiding a lot of the true history of Egypt.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerramjett
Good riddance as far as I am concerned, this man has been a tyrant over the years and I am sure he has been hiding a lot of the true history of Egypt.

WHY??? would he hide anything??? He is proud of his country and it's history. He has been tireless in his efforts to have Egyptian antiquities returned to Egypt from around the world. Sure he's egotistical and controlling...he's passionate about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serafine
Hawass seems to "spit-fire" at any mention of anything beyond the shallow "Egyptology" lines he preached. The science though, is a mess. One may wonder he has been a gate-keeper of sorts? Why, is another thing... Possibly a Hall of Records, would or will, have a very massive affect on so many things... from science to history to "religions" etc...

Why would anyone believe anything Cayce dreamed up?

It's not like he ever made any predictions that came true.

If I fall asleep and mutter that the Hall of Records is up my a$$, will I wake up to a bunch of idiots trying to perform a colonoscopy on me?

here's an article... There's many sources for trying to corner the market on what I'm talking about... lol

The Egyptologist, The Sphinx And The Cover-Up

Your linked post at some forum stated:

In the interview at the time of Qutb's arrest, Hawass also told the BBC that he takes "immediate action against any employee with the slightest shadow of suspicion hanging over them, even if the person turns out to be innocent".13 Guilty until proven innocent, it seems, is the modus operandi within the SCA. No wonder there are reports that Hawass is unpopular within Egypt.

Does the Justice System, of the United States apply in Egypt? First I've heard of it.

They're lucky they weren't shot and then investigated.
Hawass isn't trying to "hide" anything because there's nothing for him to hide.

Except for, maybe, a little graft.

Harte

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I was wanting to go to Egypt eventually in my life time, but I wouldn't go now. After hearing of Anderson Cooper getting punched in the face multiple times, and the lovely Brittish news caster being raped and assualted on. I would say the men in that country completely lack manners and integrity. Anyone who steals their countries' heritage, and ruins the archeological history of Earth has created a crime against humanity. There are many museums and wealthy people such as the Duke and Duchess of Chatsworth House in England who could graciously donate back parts of Egypt's heritage. If need be.

I would say Hawass will leave the country and live a more safe and civil life else where, and then dish the real dirt from a file he has created over the years.... Let's hope the book will be fabulous. Maybe he is leaving for 2012 reasons, who knows.

Egypt will not get their tourists back for some time. People don't feel it is a safe and happy place to go for vacation. What a shame! They are going to lose millions of revenue. I suggest they clean up their cities, learn manners and appropriate behaviors towards women and guests, so they can regain some trust.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
I was wanting to go to Egypt eventually in my life time, but I wouldn't go now. After hearing of Anderson Cooper getting punched in the face multiple times, and the lovely Brittish news caster being raped and assualted on.

I would agree.

They only got it 50% right.

Harte

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What if the whole rebellion was staged? What if it was a false flag? What if the looters crafted the rebellion to get at the artifacts and easily escape in the chaos?

During all this time the rebellion was going on WHO did any talking about protecting these artifacts? I heard nothing from world governments on this - yes, they are Egyptian artifacts but they really belong to Everyone. I want My artifacts back!

The USA should have gone in and acted as a police force to protect them if you ask me.. to help out the honest people and Egyptian gov from looters. It's sad that in this day and age where we are supposed to be coming together for the good of Man no one thought of this important stuff.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Originally posted by Harte

If I fall asleep and mutter that the Hall of Records is up my a$$, will I wake up to a bunch of idiots trying to perform a colonoscopy on me?

I won't bother answering to the fallacies in your reasoning here... ESPecially the appeal to ridicule.

Basically I have this whole thing filed under, more to the picture than meets the eye, and wonder if anyone else has any idea what I am talking about! lol

With you I no longer wonder lol... You have illustrated that you have no idea what I am talking about!

Harte, I usually don't respond to people using the OLD scoffing and ridicule trick, as you have blatantly done. In the future, if you wish to have a conversation with me, NEVER debase the conversation with such tactics. Don't EVEN try claiming it humor on your part. It is outright a non-valid argument on your side.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt. I also like to give rope.... and you've had enough.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Originally posted by Harte

I won't bother answering to the fallacies in your reasoning here... ESPecially the appeal to ridicule.

No doubt.
You can't even point them out, except, of course, for the joke.

Harte, I usually don't respond to people using the OLD scoffing and ridicule trick, as you have blatantly done. In the future, if you wish to have a conversation with me, NEVER debase the conversation with such tactics. Don't EVEN try claiming it humor on your part. It is outright a non-valid argument on your side.

How about the NEW "scoffing and ridicule trick?"

I wasn't aware that I wished to have a conversation with you.
You can look forward to me continuing to poke fun at frauds like Cayce, and the non-thinking people that believe them.

Whether you answer anything I write is really not very consequential. At least, not to me.

Harte

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Before you judge Cayce a 'fraud,' you should do some homework.
He was very accurate on a considerable enough amount of topics to be visited by some very rational, and important, men. (Men whom used the answers he gave in sleep to become very rich men.)

He healed real people of many ailments, many cases totally documented. WHatever his theories on the universe and assorted other 'esoteric' subjects, it appears, just by doing a small amount of research, that the man was on the level in certain subjects.

He held thousands of meetings, talked about thousands of subjects, and was right more than chance allowed. Every subject? Doubtful.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
So nobody likes Hawass, get some lives losers. What a bunch of DORKS! Ding Dongs and assorted Rif Raf dragging down a strong and commited human being striving to do his best in the face of adversity.
edit on 18-5-2011 by csgt428 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2011 by csgt428 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by Harte

Before you judge Cayce a 'fraud,' you should do some homework.
He was very accurate on a considerable enough amount of topics to be visited by some very rational, and important, men. (Men whom used the answers he gave in sleep to become very rich men.)

Please substantiate that claim.

Cayce's "prospecting" trances most often resulted in absolutely nothing.

As far as "healing," you've been taken in by A.R.E.

Cayce's group counts as a psychic "hit" every mention he made of an affected organ that turned out to be troublesome for the patient (later, under a doctor's care usually but sometimes under the care of the same doctor that accompanied Cayce during his "trances.")

Problem is, Cayce routinely mentioned seven or eight different organs/systems with every reading.

Don't you wonder why the unaffected organs, mentioned by Cayce in this or that reading, are not counted as "misses," given that the mere mention of one that was affected is counted as a "hit" by A.R.E.?

Harte

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join