It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else experienced viruses/suspicious traffic blocked from this site?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I was on the other day, and suddenly my screen was red and yellow, something about an attack page. First time for me, and I thought, ha-ha. I was on a windows laptop at the time, and yes, you don't get that crap in linux. I run Mint 8 on my other laptop, no problems whatsoever.

So here I am, something about being under attack, red and yellow screen, but before I could react it switches to a scan your infected system malware thing. I carefully closed all the screens, and haven't had a problem since.

BTW, I am a long time computer geek. I run no antivirus or malware software crap. I do have a firewall. Norton, Symantic, and such I believe write the malware programs themselves to mimic virus activity, therefore you buy their "anti-virus" software. The software you install costs system resources, scans you HD for infected files, and if you happen to have a BIG (160+ GB) HD, that can take a while. It does this on boot? OMG, get real people. 99% of all viruses are in the ZOO, and the 1% that are new can't even get through a firewall unless you let them.

This could be a good conspiracy thread. The virus software industry. They manipulate you by fear. Hmmm.

Yes, I keep one laptop on my home network running windows xp with no anti-virus crap or anything. Simple firewall. I don't get virus alerts. I don't have the software to check for viruses, ergo, they don't exist. My computer runs fine. No 3rd party software which eats up resources. I do get a warning now and then, haha, about something horrible about to happen. I see for for the fear-mongering pop-up that it is, close it, no harm.

If viruses are really ZOOed, and they aren't as rampant as what people think, the anti-viral software industry, McAffee, Symantic, Norton, etc, all go down the drain. Multi-million dollar UNNEEDED industry. WOW. That's almost proof they produce their own malware.

I'm not saying I'm immune. I've run into "characters" on the internet that have sent me nasties, one was a worm that infected my (at the time) 10 computer home network. I erected a firewall on each one, closed off port :80 and :8080, which was what the worm was coded for, and he bounced around inside the network looking for an escape route. I had him pinned, and found the .exe that made him. I sent it off to the ZOO, and no problems since. There just aren't that many wild viruses floating around. They scan your system, and of course they are going to find a few. I've never met a virus scanner that didn't detect anything. Hahaha, the jokes on you. Most scanners find what, 1300 viruses? OMG, you're computer wouldn't work if it had that many! Of course, once you buy their software, you are suddenly protected. OMG.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I was on the other day, and suddenly my screen was red and yellow, something about an attack page. First time for me, and I thought, ha-ha. I was on a windows laptop at the time, and yes, you don't get that crap in linux. I run Mint 8 on my other laptop, no problems whatsoever.

So here I am, something about being under attack, red and yellow screen, but before I could react it switches to a scan your infected system malware thing. I carefully closed all the screens, and haven't had a problem since.

BTW, I am a long time computer geek. I run no antivirus or malware software crap. I do have a firewall. Norton, Symantic, and such I believe write the malware programs themselves to mimic virus activity, therefore you buy their "anti-virus" software. The software you install costs system resources, scans you HD for infected files, and if you happen to have a BIG (160+ GB) HD, that can take a while. It does this on boot? OMG, get real people. 99% of all viruses are in the ZOO, and the 1% that are new can't even get through a firewall unless you let them.

This could be a good conspiracy thread. The virus software industry. They manipulate you by fear. Hmmm.

Yes, I keep one laptop on my home network running windows xp with no anti-virus crap or anything. Simple firewall. I don't get virus alerts. I don't have the software to check for viruses, ergo, they don't exist. My computer runs fine. No 3rd party software which eats up resources. I do get a warning now and then, haha, about something horrible about to happen. I see for for the fear-mongering pop-up that it is, close it, no harm.

If viruses are really ZOOed, and they aren't as rampant as what people think, the anti-viral software industry, McAffee, Symantic, Norton, etc, all go down the drain. Multi-million dollar UNNEEDED industry. WOW. That's almost proof they produce their own malware.

I'm not saying I'm immune. I've run into "characters" on the internet that have sent me nasties, one was a worm that infected my (at the time) 10 computer home network. I erected a firewall on each one, closed off port :80 and :8080, which was what the worm was coded for, and he bounced around inside the network looking for an escape route. I had him pinned, and found the .exe that made him. I sent it off to the ZOO, and no problems since. There just aren't that many wild viruses floating around. They scan your system, and of course they are going to find a few. I've never met a virus scanner that didn't detect anything. Hahaha, the jokes on you. Most scanners find what, 1300 viruses? OMG, you're computer wouldn't work if it had that many! Of course, once you buy their software, you are suddenly protected. OMG.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I haven't got any virus or anything from ATS itself, but while browsing a couple of times my firewall has been attacked.. I managed to find the attackers Ip address, searched it up and its in new zealand, (well the server is from what i can tell)

I have no malware or viruses,I am a careful internet user (never clicking on unknown links, or going to web pages i do not know etc)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join