It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will we ever know?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So when it really comes down to it, how will we ever know what's a hoax and what isn't???? People post supposed "Evidence" and then it "Supposedly" becomes a hoax! I don't think we can tell the difference anymore! Maybe we can on some of them, simply because they suck. But how will we ever know what's real or not! Everything can just about be recreated so that means anything could be fake! But at the same time, it gives it an equal chance of being real. Each side of the argument can put up the same argument time after time again;

For the believers:

1) It's a authentic
2) There seems to be no tampering
3) Person doesn't seem to be or is not lying
4) Original footage looks "Original"
5) Look at the finest and minutest details! How could it be fake?
6) I don't see how someone could fake this!
7) Multiple scores of witnesses!

For the Skeptics:
1) It's CGI!!!
2)Anything can be replicated
3)This is a horrible fake!
4)Sometimes, when reviewed in the finest detail, they do end up fake!

So to be fair how do we really decide what's fake or not????????

Because really, if anything can be replicated, the skeptics will always find a way to show how it could be CGI'd, even if it's real! Also, if people don't believe they''ll tamper with the evidence!

So now that were put in this silly predicament,......

We must use logic and reasoning to find out the truth!

It's up to the individual to decide what's real or not....

And strictly because something can be cgi, such as the Jerusalem Video's, doesn't necessarily mean it's a hoax! And strictly because someone say's something's somebody's and that something happened, doesn't mean it actually is and did!

So use your brain people....

Dr. John Alexander mentioned that Disclosure has already happened! Multiple times!

Why do you think the Government acknowledges these things if there not real!????

It's all up to us! It's our decision, our truth!

I think there real!

edit on 4-3-2011 by youthsavior because: title

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
i think your post is CGI myself but star and flag my friend good post

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
yeah, being only new to this place, this is the problem. If I had Alien footage I definitely wouldn't bring it here first.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

Yeah one thing I have learned from this site is that if I do ever come up with some kind of evidence or sighting, I'm going to take it to the right people first, and then come back here with an overwhelming amount of proof and evidence. You can't count on the people on here to tell you the truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I already know that the're here. It's just a matter of 'when' will they publicly release, I guess you could say, themselves.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The problem is that, when you get some ufo info. on a video or pictures, it's normaly one guy/girl, filming something, we can't tell what is.

One person allmost every time,.
Sometimes it it's more than one guy, but only 2 or 3, again filming something, which we still can't tell what is.

If one day we get a filming from hundreds of people from different directions, and hundred of people saying the same thing, they saw the same ufo in the sky, then we can start thinking...maby this is real.

But that has not happened yet...

Open mind and opinion, thats all you can do.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I agree whole heartedly with you, as of late there seems to be very good evidence of ufo, phenomena, and unexplained planet problems in our solar system, but no matter what is put out there, some genius will come up with a 2nd grade theory, such as swamp gas, and blam, mystery solved! Ats to me it appears has group thinking habits, with the man out of the group per se, is the man-woman posting threads with stated above cases
in a nutshell; a open mind as of late has been thrown out the window!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

I think the only way to go about things from here on out is with an open mind and not to be judgmental. But that's the problem, a lot of people are close minded and judgmental....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think that this argument will go on forever unless we are invaded or "they" come in droves all over the planet and are seen by everyone who is outside at the time. Most skeptics will not believe it unless they see it with their own eyes. And even then, they will probably think someone dosed their drink with a hallucinogen or something.
edit on 3/4/2011 by undiscoveredsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

Yes, personally, I do believe UFOs and aliens are real. I DO NOT believe they are what most people make them out to be. Yes, they are intelligent beings with knowledge and technology far beyond ours- they are NOT 'good' by any means! They have no other intention but to deceive us with a beneficial front. I KNOW what they are- they are demons. The fallen angels. And I believe they are absolutely hand in hand with Satan and the 'Great Deception' that is coming and coming soon. Unfortunatly many peoples faith will be shaken and lost with the unveiling of these beings (which is exactly what Lucifer and the illuminati want) beacause people will be so very scared and freaked out that they will believe all of they crap and hype about them that is shoved down our throats- daily - from the media. God is the creator of EVERYTHING - even these awful things that CHOSE to become a follower of the Angel of Light.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We are our own worst enemies, any flaw (because all cameras are perfect) = hoax.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I think the only way we would ever know was if multiple cameras (I'm talking extremely high def ones) all caught footage of a UFO crash landing into a national landmark, such as Buckingham Palace or Big Ben, then getting out and waving at the camera.

You'd still get sceptics though, even up until the point where we travelled to an alien planet and shook hands with the inhabitants
edit on 4/3/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blessed1

You believe that to be truth, fine. But when it comes down to it, there are also good "ET's out there! Even if you don't think so, Quantum Theory would prove so because an infinite number of possibilities would mean that there could definitely be good ones out there. Don't think about them negatively, there are ones out there that are willing to help us.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

I honestly believe we will see them more than we actually wanted to- and soon. Timing is everything
and people will freak out. We have been 'marinating' in preparedness from the media so that a lot of people will
accept ET with the false ideas that we have been fed- others will know the truth and be done away with.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I honestly think the only "disclosure" that even the most hard-core skeptics will believe is if a UFO lands in their back lawn, an ET steps out of the cockpit and offers the skeptic a cold, frosty beverage. I wouldn't even trust a UFO disclosure if a UFO landed on the White House lawn. There's always the possibility of PSYOPS there.

For me to believe 100% in a disclosure, I'd have to see miles long motherships hovering over my house, people running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and mass media coverage all over the world, with first-hand, eyewitness accounts. Anything less would just get explained away.

I am not a skeptic by nature, but with all the fakes out there, I just can't be sure anymore. I fully believe that there are ET's out there, and I fully believe that they have been here in the past (I support the ancient astronaut theory), but with the era of CGI, Aftereffects, Adobe Photoshop, and other like programs, it's hard to ferret out what is real, and what is fake.

Just my $.02.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Peace be with you too! And thanks because im 2 cents richer now! lol! But seriously, that would be disclosure to the masses. I've had my own disclosure already!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

here is a link to a thread, i just made. In this thread there are multiple( nearer to one hundred at least) who confirmed seeing UFO's. The only problem is no pictures were captured although many people tried.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

link didn't work

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

if this doesn't work i'm going to the practise forum again.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It's the journey OP...

Not the destination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join