It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Releases UFO Sighting And Poliicy Files

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Government Releases UFO Sighting And Poliicy Files

uk.reuters.com

The government Thursday released 35 previously classified files documenting sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) by the military and members of the public dating back to the 1950s.

The files contain around 8,500 pages which mainly cover the period from 1997 to 2005 and include photographs, drawings and descriptions of flying saucer sightings, as well as letters the Ministry of Defence sent eyewitnesses in response to their accounts.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Some of most interesting UFO sightings have happened in England.

Rendlesham Forest anyone? I dont see this mentioned, I am curious to learn if this is in the release.

Imagine, six small beeping UFOs in a perfect line from Isle of Sheppy to The Bristol Channel. One of them was blown up, one was airlifted to a southeastern village, and the intelligence unit mobilized for a "real alien invasion".

a "chewy mint shaped solid craft" and aerial objects resembling a "ring," a "jellyfish" and a "silver voile spin top."

In one account a man said he believed he had been "abducted" by aliens in October 1998 after seeing an unidentified craft hover over his London home and finding he had gained an hour of time in the process.

"It was a large cigar-shaped vehicle with big projectiles on each side like wings," he told the MoD.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Rendlesham files were missing.

SOURCE
Intelligence papers on a reported UFO sighting known as the "Rendlesham incident" have gone missing, files from the National Archives reveal.

The missing files relate to a report of mysterious lights from US servicemen at RAF Woodbridge in Suffolk in 1980.

The disappearance came to light with the release of 8,000 previously classified documents on UFOs.

Officials found a "huge" gap where defence intelligence files relating to the case should be, the papers show.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I see that as one step closer to the government
actually saying

"Yep its Aliens"

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Awesome!! I love when new files are released!

Here's a couple links to the UK government site:

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

and a Highlights and User Guide for the same info.

Edited to add:

The Disclosure Project
Papers on ‘The Disclosure Project’ can be found in DEFE 24/2025 (p292-300, p312-324), DEFE 24/2026 (p273-290), and DEFE 2092 (p175, p308).

I can't access these at the moment but am looking forward to downloading when I can!
edit on 3-3-2011 by Thermo Klein because: to add portion on Disclosure Project

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The hunt generated a series of notes, with one official speculating that the files could have been taken home by someone and another remarking that "it could be interpreted to mean that a deliberate attempt had been made to eradicate the records covering this incident".

Thanks for the link to the official denial. Seems they were just taken home by someone.

Uh-huh. Yeah, sure, right.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is from "DEFE 24/2027" page 151 (taken from UFO Magazine August 2002 edition)

edit on 3-3-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Rendlesham Forest anyone? I dont see this mentioned, I am curious to learn if this is in the release.

There's some correspondance letter's from a member of the MoD (retired) and the current government people in 24/2027 pages 200-220 roughly. Worth a look.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The files also announce that UFOs were discussed at the highest levels of the United Nations. That simple deceleration is the most significant out of the UFO papers.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
In April 1979 the Home Office issued guidance to all police forces, fire services and councils about what to do in the event of a ‘nuclear satellite crash’ – code for UFO wreckage from space that could be radioactive.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i thought thay canned this in the uk ?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by leejones

They won't accept anymore ufo reports, but they are still releasing all the reports they did receive over the years i believe.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Rendlesham files were missing.

SOURCE
Intelligence papers on a reported UFO sighting known as the "Rendlesham incident" have gone missing, files from the National Archives reveal.

Thank you for your investigation, and addition to this thread.
Thats awesome that you have found that info.

Its too bad, really that these files are missing.

What are they hiding.

Now I am really intrigued!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Here's a couple links to the UK government site:

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

and a Highlights and User Guide for the same info.

The Disclosure Project
Papers on ‘The Disclosure Project’ can be found in DEFE 24/2025 (p292-300, p312-324), DEFE 24/2026 (p273-290), and DEFE 2092 (p175, p308).

Thermo,

Awesome, thank you so much for the links!

I was about ready to fall asleep when I posted this.
It was in my first thoughts when I woke up this morning!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I agree. It doesn't prove anything conclusive of course but the fact that the files are missing is probably one of the funniest "coincidences" to pop up in recent UFO disclosure.

The best part is if someone questions it, it automatically gets dragged into the tin-foil-hat-zone, and if you don't question it, well, you're ignoring some pretty odd happenings.

I'm already treading on speculation so I'll leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The UK have released more of their classified UFO files. Great, right? well yeah it would be if the information about the UFO sighting we all want to know more about (the infamous Rendlesham incident) didn't go missing!! www.bbc.co.uk... .

Members of ATS this is not a drill please don your conspiracy hats, you may need the tin foil ones as a backup.

Some info on the Rendlesham incident if you haven't heard of it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpiderMonkey

My initial thoughts on this is that it either shows it was all crap made up by the 2 US airmen. OR it was actually a legitimate account that a secret aircraft, most likely alien was encountered by these two men and information was downloaded into one of their brains.

Occam's razor should come into play here but I WANT TO BELIEVE!

edit on 3-3-2011 by MrSpiderMonkey because: typo

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
When are you all going to figure out that THEY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE IN LITTLE ALIENS SO you will stop believing in GOD????????

This is the greatest trick the devil played and you all are falling for it BAD.

Here are your UFOs. let the screen play all the pics for you and you will see.

www.facadeblog.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Skywatcher,

I can not speak for everyone, however I have this to say about my own personal investigation into
the more factual side of UFO's and theory.

It is precisely because I do believe in God that I investigate these stories to an extent.

I dont believe in little green men, however I do know for a fact that men possess the capability themselves
to create these types of crafts, they are not UFO's. Black Ops crafts exist, the engineering exists,
the fuel exists, and there are men who testify they have seen them.

I investigate this because I want to know what the men are doing, why they keep it a secret, why they
show somtimes, always deny and what are they planning in the future. A deception?

"Alien" life and Stealth Craft are two seperate things. I think they both need to be studied in light of what we know about God, so that if and when man were to try and decieve us further, beyond what they are already doing, I will certainly know it, be ready with an answer. I hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
the government needs to release more than that, they need to release all the information they have on ets and extradimensional beings that visit earth

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join