It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Domino Effect and Solar flares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well first off i didn't know whether this should be here or in scince and tec sorry if i was wrong

I read that a powerful solar flare could knock a whole planet out of it's original orbit but it would only effect a small planet closer to the Sun. I also read that it has been discoverd that the Earth was once a very very hot hell hole.

If the above is correct then could our Earth had once been closer that would account for the evidence of hot condictions on Earth. It may have worked like this Earth was once closer to the Sun, Mars has evidence of moist condictions on it. Maybe it was once were Earth is now but Earth got hit by a solar flare that knocked out of orbit close to Mars and Earth's atmosphere worked as a repelant whitch pushed Mars out of it's orbit.

This is very unlikely but i thought you may like to of been informed of this slim posibliety.

Sorry about the spelling and gramma

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
No, it couldn't.

It can knock out COMMUNICATIONS but it won't knock the planet out of orbit. The material in a solar flare has a density of a few hundred atoms per cubic foot.

E_T

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
I also read that it has been discoverd that the Earth was once a very very hot hell hole.

Well, Earth was completely molten after it formed. (allowing sinking of heavier elements into the core)

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Real science the earth had a shorter rotational day 20 million years agaio a day was around 20 hours instead of 24 we know this because of the way fosslized coral grew.
and what It means is the earth was closer to the sun giving it more energy from the cintrfical force imported by the sun making it spin faster.
Then what happened as earths spin slowly slowed down over millions of years it retreated from the sun and is still doing this today .A time will come in billions of years when earth will no longer rotate and be locked with one side facing the sun for the rest of its time. Just like the moon earth is slowly lousing its spin to the gravity of the sun.

E_T

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You got any references?

And what Earth spinning has to do with orbit around sun?
(Jupiter's spin time is about ten hours so with your logic it should be close to sun)

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
good point E_T. I didn't really think it was posible i just wonderd what you guys thought. I tryed to put a link on but for some reason i can't and i heard that flares could knock out eltrical systems and the such.

thanks for the input

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ovisly the suns gravity is only part of what imports spin into the planets .
I wasent trying to implay it was Just the sun that interreacts with planets.
But If you look up solar formation you will see the going theroy on plantary formation and the sun does indeed give the newly formaning planets there spin. and as time goes on take that spin back and to show this just look up at the moon . The earths gravity has stoped the moons spin locking it in ordite. Mercery has the same effect because its closer to the sun the tidal effects over welm the spin causing the planet to stop spinning. Anyway in the early formation the amount of spin a planet has is in proportion to its size as jupiter is a thousand times bigger .
Try this get a bucket fill it half way with water then start spining in circles if you try your self fast enough the water will stay in the bucket even though the bucket is side ways to the ground.
now fill the same bucket you need to turn MUCH faster to keep the water in now as theres MORE mass in the bucket and farther more the bucket now Pulls against you MUCh harder .The gravity of the sun is like you holding the bucket. and the bucket is the planet that is being spun by the gravity of the sun and the amount in the buck is the size of the planet.Hence look at the soloer system you see that the planets line up like this small to large back to small .
O im sure you will point out mars is smaller then earth and thats true but not enough to effect this .

E_T

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
Hence look at the soloer system you see that the planets line up like this small to large back to small .

Outer planets are big and contain lot of gas because they had more time to collect it and more mass and gravity to collect after sun started radiating.
Radiation pressure cleared gas and dust from inner solar system much faster.

And about water bucket... water stays in bucket when centrifugal force becomes greater than gravity and centrifugal force depends on from mass, speed and radius of "orbit".
aci.mta.ca...
So doubling mass will also double centrifugal force, not only force caused by gravity.

But of course full bucket affects you more.

new topics

top topics

join