It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Suspends Drilling of Injection Wells after Earthquake Swarm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great news, I just hope they stop it once and for all. Unfortunately they have just started with this over here in UK

www.guardian.co.uk...

We managed to stop the Government from selling on all of our forests, hopefully we can do it with fracking. I don't want to be able to set my tapwater on fire...

I've just sent this email to the team at 38degrees (the guys who organized the petition to stop the Gov't from selling off all the forests)

Subject: Fracking - please help us

Well done with the Forests!
Amazing result

Don't know if you guys know this but they have started fracking in NW England:
www.guardian.co.uk...

This has had terrible consequences in Arkansas, US. They have had hundreds of earthquakes and contaminated water over there that they can set alight when it comes out of the tap! www.youtube.com...

They've just suspended some of their fracking operations pending an investigation as to the link between the fracking, the water contamination and the earthquakes: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The last thing we need is for our aquifers to be contaminated with these chemicals. It's not even a British company doing this!!

We need to do something about it before it's too late

Best regards,

Dave

edit on 4/3/11 by iamahumandoing because: email added, video added

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

I have been watching this for a while the data is far from complete on my end but currently it appears that from 1650 (ish) to 2004 somewhere between 800-900 earthquakes of some magnitude ( but few over 3.5 and none larger than 4.7) happened with the odd men out being the massive quake of 1811 and 1812 which were somewhere between 7.0 and 8.0 ( massive imprecision I know , but two in December one in January and one in February )

I do not have reliable data from 2004 to 2009 but from early 2009 unto 3-1-2011 over 892 quakes have been recorded , but the main difference is they are now clustered around more perceptible ranges between the low threes and mid fours.

Unfortunately this pattern on this deep (over three thousand feet) fault gives rise to a strong indication of foreshock activity that has been known to propagate from a few day up to two years before a massive quake. If the data is pointing me in the right direction somewhere between march 17 and 20th we should see a tremor larger than the 4.7 that was recorded recently. Hopefully not much larger but this is just a numbers analysis (statistical) so prayer beads and chanting might offer up as much information.

Gas companies have some of the most knowledgeable and best geologist/geophysicists on the planet working for them (it's been like that for at least twenty years) and they know more about the earth and it's structure and composition than anyone, I wonder if they have an expert system that balances natural phenomenon (like quakes) against the perception of such, much like recall investigator/adjuster's do, that they use to exploit an area that has a high probability of "near" future activity to cover their practices.

An even more sinister (and at this time unprovable idea) is that they KNOW and are pushing a disaster to hide their destructive practices. a "win win" from their prospective .

edit on 4-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join